PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cayden Paladin build?

omnitricks
2017-01-10, 01:16 PM
Planning to make a Cayden "Paladin" for PFS. This might be the PC I take to seeker and beyond, depending on how effective he will be as I play. Build below! Assistance appreciated.

Race: Halfling
Race traits: Underfoot dodger, halfling luck, keen senses, sure footed (contemplating if the alternate +10ft movement would be better)
Class: Combination of makeshift scrapper rogue (and maybe sanctified), halfling opportunist and lore warden (latter can be booted if necessary)
Stats @ lvl 1: 10 18 10 16 8 12
Traits: Fight for Liberty (because its also pretty cool) and Improvised Defense

So the plan is to get Rogue to level 4 for debilitating injury and the two rogue talents (for both stand up and rogue crawl for the prone power) Then one level of lore warden followed by the full halfling opportunist so I can reach the capstone by 10 and have fun with it.

Why the capstone? Because I want to abuse Intrepid Rescuer (ironically eventhough I want to be Cayden Paladin, I have to "worship" Kurgess) So that means I will have to take Combat Reflexes. Similarly another feat tax for Halfling Opportunist in Defensive Combat Training leaves me with only two more feats to burn by the time I reach the capstone where one will be used for Improved Unarmed Strike because drunken kung fu. If I take one more level of Lore Warden I would likely go for Improved Feint too. Or the Brawler feat.

Which also means my weapon finesse and finesse training will be going on unarmed strikes which I will be using for my exploitative maneuver a lot. On the other hand supernatural improvisation will be used for more shield bonuses which I think should stack with improvised defence so my mug will be a +2 shield bonus to AC.

The plan in combat at least is for even if I have -2 AC and -2 attack when prone, I will still resolve my AoO first and be able to stack on debilitating injury for more AC (or less attack by the target) and I will also be a lot harder to hit by enemy ranged attackers. This also means a lot of my attacks will only be coming from one source (muh fists)

Increasing dex is totally a must so that is one belt gone, AoMF is a bit iffy because its too expensive for just one fist even if it means increased hit and damage. Then there is also that gaunlet and ion stone to boost my CMB a little bit more.

That is as far as I went. Is there anything else I may be missing which can be used for this build? Also will it be sustainable even until the later levels where I will be fighting bigger enemies with higher CMD?

Also in case anyone is wondering. I'm calling myself a "paladin" because I am going to tell my SA's are smites and my increased saves because halfling and opportunist are a result of my divine grace.