PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Stand Unstable People

Bartmanhomer
2017-01-10, 09:20 PM
I don't mean to be unsympathetic but I really can't stand unstable people. Every time when I hear people saying that they want to end their life, saying how miserable their life is, it's makes me sad and also angry. Look if your life is that miserable get help! I try to be supportive but I feel like it's wasted hearing their drama all the time. Do you feel the same way or not?

WarKitty
2017-01-10, 09:37 PM
Have you ever been in that situation? I have. In my case, I also suffered from abusive/bullying behavior from mental health professionals when I sought help. Needless to say I wasn't eager to go back - why would I, when where I was supposed to get "help" from had made my life significantly worse? Why would I put myself in that situation again?

Most people are in that sort of mentality because they don't see help as a realistic possibility. And most people reach out because they do want help, even if they don't know exactly how to go about it.

Bartmanhomer
2017-01-10, 09:46 PM
Have you ever been in that situation? I have. In my case, I also suffered from abusive/bullying behavior from mental health professionals when I sought help. Needless to say I wasn't eager to go back - why would I, when where I was supposed to get "help" from had made my life significantly worse? Why would I put myself in that situation again?

Most people are in that sort of mentality because they don't see help as a realistic possibility. And most people reach out because they do want help, even if they don't know exactly how to go about it.

As a matter of fact, yes I have. I remember in 2006, I join a vocational service for people with disabilities. The people were so unstabled and severe. They act like little kids. One time there was also a female client, she got serious anger issues. She verbally threatened me. I complain to the staff members about it. She was a crazy woman. She left the program and went to a different program. I have to go through this torment of madness for 2 years. And I finally got a job and left the program after that. I was so glad I don't have to go through that horror again.

Rynjin
2017-01-10, 09:50 PM
ITT: "Friendly banter"

WarKitty
2017-01-10, 10:14 PM
The simple fact is, when someone is in the position of wanting to end their life, they're in that position because they feel like genuine help isn't something that's available to them. I've been there, and it seems like nothing anyone could do could ever possibly help. For me, it was the constant sense that it was too easy to get taken advantage of - that you were forever vulnerable to people who had more power than you did taking advantage of you and pushing you around because you didn't have realistic options to fight back. What was therapy going to do about that? It's not like they could get these people out of my life and make sure I didn't encounter new ones. What help was I going to get?

gooddragon1
2017-01-10, 11:20 PM
Part of compassion is trying to understand others. When we shut out others and give them labels it becomes harder to show mercy and easier to criticize them.

Roland St. Jude
2017-01-10, 11:32 PM
Sheriff: I'm going to lock this now as it seems inherently problematic. I've dumped a half-dozen posts here involving accusing one poster of being another poster. Don't do that. If you believe someone is a returned banned poster or a current poster using an alternate account, please report them and let us deal with it.