PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Questions about Ley Lines

Glarx
2017-01-11, 11:20 AM
Hey there, Playground.

The ley line mechanics are pretty neat. But a few questions came to mind when I saw the mechanics, and I wasn't certain whether there's consensus on the matter or not.

1. Can you benefit from two ley lines near one another? (Ignoring why there are two ley lines within 100 feet of one another -- assuming that there is, solve for X. :smallbiggrin:)

2. If you were to create some sort of self-activating trap of mage's disjunction, toss it onto a nexus of ley lines, and then wait a bit such that the trap triggers itself (there's a cat and some poison inside the trap, I dunno), would the trap take the damage or would you? I suppose in a more generalized way, when you aren't expending an action to cause a spell to occur, but the spell occurs as a direct result of your actions, are you considered the caster? (A wand, for instance, doesn't cast itself -- you are responsible for activating it. I don't question this.)

2a. What if the trap were made an intelligent trap? I imagine if it were an intelligent trap which activated itself, it would undeniably be considered the caster.

Thanks in advance!