PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Which is better mechanically? Slayer (Deliverer) VMC Rouge without MC or a dip of Alc

Zhentarim
2017-01-11, 12:34 PM
Which is better mechanically? Slayer (Deliverer) VMC Rouge without MC or a one level dip of Alchemist (vivisectionist)? This is a Wrath of the Righteous campaign. My thought is that it would be nice to have a few CLW potions and a mutagenic slayer ability to buff myself before a big fight.

Psyren
2017-01-11, 01:55 PM
(obligatory makeup joke)

I'd say the Slayer VMC Rogue since the stuff you're spending the feats on is pretty useful and you're not delaying any progression to get them.

Having said that, do you have to go with Deliverer? It seems pretty weak. None of the abilities really seem worth a talent to me, anyway.

Florian
2017-01-11, 02:07 PM
Which is better mechanically? Slayer (Deliverer) VMC Rouge without MC or a one level dip of Alchemist (vivisectionist)? This is a Wrath of the Righteous campaign. My thought is that it would be nice to have a few CLW potions and a mutagenic slayer ability to buff myself before a big fight.

*Shrugs*

None of your voices make sense for a WotR Campaign.

Zhentarim
2017-01-11, 10:49 PM
(obligatory makeup joke)

I'd say the Slayer VMC Rogue since the stuff you're spending the feats on is pretty useful and you're not delaying any progression to get them.

Having said that, do you have to go with Deliverer? It seems pretty weak. None of the abilities really seem worth a talent to me, anyway.

I liked the flavor of deliverer since he worships Iomedea. If it is too weak, though, I can go with vanilla slayer. I'm going Slayer VMC Rogue regardless, but I might either do 19 levels of Slayer VMC rogue, or have all 20 be that.

*Shrugs*

None of your voices make sense for a WotR Campaign.

It is stronger than a paladin. Also, I was feeling like making a grittier, though still good, version. I'm walking the line between LG and LN, though. LG would be better mechanically.

Florian
2017-01-12, 06:02 AM
It is stronger than a paladin. Also, I was feeling like making a grittier, though still good, version. I'm walking the line between LG and LN, though. LG would be better mechanically.

This is WotR and supposed to use the Mythic rules, so your character and build choices should be based on what Mythic options are available and what mythic counterparts of regular class features and feats are available and make sense.
That, amongst other things, has to do with what exact Mythic Path you´re going to pick and what mythic enhanced versions of feats/spells are worthwhile.

That means a very basic H-Orc/Suli Oath of Vengeance Devastator-build Paladin/Champion is very effective, as all build options are supported, as would be the Slayer/Crimson Templar build/Champion I suggested in the other thread.