PDA

View Full Version : Robotech RPG: How long to change modes?

Lord Torath
2017-01-12, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to change modes when piloting a veritech? I seem to recall that the VF-1 series can change modes without losing any attacks, but VAF, VBF, and Cyclones all lose half their attacks in the round they transform. Can anyone confirm this?

LibraryOgre
2017-01-12, 12:49 PM
We always played it that changing modes required an action, but that's it... and it might be part of another action, such as movement.

Lord Torath
2017-01-13, 01:22 PM
Okay, I know where I got the Alpha/Cyclone transform times: Robotech II The Sentinels: REF Field Guide. Five seconds (1/3 of a melee round). Now I just need to figure out where I got the VF-1 series transform time...
*pooh bear-style "Think, think, think"*

lightningcat
2017-01-16, 05:06 PM
I get a headache every time I try to read those books. But I looked through the first book and found nothing, and it is entirely likely the exact rule is never mentioned. But I would say use the same rule for all transformation times.

Mutazoia
2017-01-18, 05:56 AM
I'm fairly certain the info was in the Palladium Robotech rules somewhere, but about 5 seconds seems about right for just about all the transformations when compaired to apparent screen times in the Anime (and then, some times the transformations seem almost instant.)