PDA

View Full Version : Playing in a war campaign as Hobgoblin Artificer (Alchemist)

Mortis_Elrod
2017-01-12, 02:50 PM
Gonna be the Hobgoblin, throwing pumpkin bombs and all. I'm looking for ideas on how to build this guy.
Here's some info you may need.

Party of 3 conists of: Dragonborn Forge Cleric, Some sort of Evil Paladin (human), and me
Hobgoblin, level 1. 16/15/16/18/13/11. Alchemist, guild artisian.
Taking Thunderstones as my third alchemy formula
Skills and Tools: Thieves, Alchemy Supplies(class), Herbalist(class), Carpenters(guild Artisian). Insight, Persuasion, Investigation, Naure, Arcana.
I feel like i should multiclass at some point, not sure where not sure what into though i have lots of options.
campaign is going to at least reach level 15, starting at level 1
Its a gonna be a gritty war campaign. Ration counting, having to stop and rest or take exhaustion, raiding enemy supply lines, potential ambushes and night attacks. Etc.

Building to level 15 starting with this what would suggest i make? i originally planned to get a giant vulture mech, and ride it around throwing fire and acid and that's good but it pretty much works at 6 and im looking for a bit more.

Dman
2017-01-12, 08:27 PM
Gonna be the Hobgoblin, throwing pumpkin bombs and all. I'm looking for ideas on how to build this guy.
Here's some info you may need.

Party of 3 conists of: Dragonborn Forge Cleric, Some sort of Evil Paladin (human), and me
Hobgoblin, level 1. 16/15/16/18/13/11. Alchemist, guild artisian.
Taking Thunderstones as my third alchemy formula
Skills and Tools: Thieves, Alchemy Supplies(class), Herbalist(class), Carpenters(guild Artisian). Insight, Persuasion, Investigation, Naure, Arcana.
I feel like i should multiclass at some point, not sure where not sure what into though i have lots of options.
campaign is going to at least reach level 15, starting at level 1
Its a gonna be a gritty war campaign. Ration counting, having to stop and rest or take exhaustion, raiding enemy supply lines, potential ambushes and night attacks. Etc.

Building to level 15 starting with this what would suggest i make? i originally planned to get a giant vulture mech, and ride it around throwing fire and acid and that's good but it pretty much works at 6 and im looking for a bit more.

Only thing i can see is getting hex from somewhere. Maybe tavern brawler too if theyre improvised weapons