PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder precise shot or wayangs soothsayer feat(advice)

SirKibblesnbits
2017-01-12, 04:11 PM
so i have a quandry, i run wayang alchemist(grenadier) 6/shadowdancer 1, i have a feat to choose at this level and ive come down to two, the soothsayer wayang feat from blood of shadows.
Three times per day
as a free action, but no more than once per turn, a wayang
with this feat can gain a +2 insight bonus on an ability check,
attack roll,caster level check, concentration check, saving throw, or
skill check. The wayang must choose to use this ability
before making the appropriate die roll
or the presise shot feat.
i guess my question is which is better, a constant +4 to attack with, what will probubly be, just touch attacks or a +2 to pretty much any d20 roll but only 3/day.
what are your thoughts?

Geddy2112
2017-01-12, 04:31 PM
Taking precise shot is not adding +4 to hit, it is removing a -4 you are taking from firing into combat. Granted, bombs hit touch AC so it is not like you are having all that much trouble as is.

Soothsayer is good because it adds to anything. You are a wayang alchemist with bombs, it is both easy for you to fail a will save and potentially very bad for your party if you do. Adding to saves is a big deal, and you can always add it to attacks if you need. That said, I don't think it is all that great of a feat when you could just take iron will to sure up your will saves, or remove the -4 you are taking to hit.

If you are not having any trouble hitting with bombs(scoring hits consistently on a 5 or higher) even with the -4 then take soothsayer, otherwise take precise shot.