-can't play a game for more than a few hours at a go
-finds internet drama a giant cluster****

:smalleek:

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-19, 02:39 AM
No. Next question.

LCR
2007-07-19, 02:56 AM
First of all: It's okay to listen to music from the 70's. It's even okay to listen to music from the 80's. And it's totally okay to listen to music from the 90's, as long as you're placing Britpop above Grunge (which really is just self-pity ...).
I don't get your point about internet drama and I don't understand whatever you're trying to say about your inability to play a game for more than a few hours.
Chances are, you'll grow out of it. You're only 15.

WhatIsGravity
2007-07-19, 04:25 AM
I feel like I'm growing old. :smallconfused:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-19, 04:34 AM
Hell, I'm not that old. Only Eighteen. I've found that Queen, Styx, The Who, Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Police, Heart, and all of the great old bands are really fun to listen to. Nowadays music seems either too screamy, like listening to an Epileptic with turrets, or too whiny, and drone through their music.

I also know a few others that feel the same way. It's Classic for a reason.

Playing a game for more than a few hours is against the video game safety protocol. Take a break, stretch out, and then go back to pwning noobs.

Internet Drama... I find it interesting to watch, but not something I'm involved with myself, for obvious reasons. I'm just too honest, and people have accepted it.

Breaon
2007-07-19, 04:42 AM
Man, hearing people call the music I grew up to as "Classic" makes me feel old.

I remember driving to a Pink Floyd show in high school, pouring down rain... ah, fun days.

Then there were the Grateful Dead shows... the ones I remember anyways.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-19, 04:45 AM
Anything before '87 is considered classic. So, yeah, you are old.

And if you think that's bad, wait for the days of "Classic Rap." That will seem like a bad dream.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-19, 04:47 AM
In answer to your question. Yes, yes you are unique. (good build up if someone wanted to use it)
This should get you through the rough times.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/loneliness.jpg

WhatIsGravity
2007-07-19, 05:06 AM
"Classic Rap."

:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Swedish chef
2007-07-19, 05:08 AM
Am I the only 15 year old that:
-listens to music from the 70s, 80s, 90s

Probably not. Besides, the best music ever were made during those decades so it is OK. Especially the eighties. LOTS! of fantastic music was made then *strides of humming Depeche Mode tunes*

-can't play a game for more than a few hours at a go
-finds internet drama a giant cluster****

I'm sorry to have to say this but dude, you are growing up and beginning to mature. I't happens to everyone and is perfectly normal, but a little scary.

LCR
2007-07-19, 05:20 AM
Velvet Underground, The Kinks, The Ramones, Slade, Stone Roses ...
Lots of great bands in your mentioned time span. Although you might want to add the 60's.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-19, 05:30 AM
Man, hearing people call the music I grew up to as "Classic" makes me feel old.

I remember driving to a Pink Floyd show in high school, pouring down rain... ah, fun days.

Then there were the Grateful Dead shows... the ones I remember anyways.I know what you mean. I went to see Pink Floyd during the Division Bell tour as a Father's Day gift. Man that was fun, seeing pigs fly...

JellyPooga
2007-07-19, 09:36 AM
Don't worry, when I was 12 I listened to soul, jazz, classical and a bit of metal (odd combo, I know). It was until the age of 14 that I started listening to anything popular and that was all from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's (mostly 60's and 70's). I hated listening to anything released after 1989 until really quite recently (as in past 3 or 4 years) and that's only because it has nostalgic value.

My "lager and parties" phase lasted a year (when I was about 14) and since then I've been drinking bitters, ales and stouts. I have never liked those alchopop-y things (even when I was a kid) and only ever drank lager because everyone else did.

I've also preferred a more laid-back style of life since I was about 15 (as in feet up, pipe and slippers, reading the paper, style of thing).

In short, I've been an old man from the age of 15 (I really should have been born in the 50's or 60's). It's not an unusual thing at all...[gibber, twitch, drool] :smalltongue:

Azrael
2007-07-19, 09:41 AM
Let me make the next 4 years of your adolescence a bit easier:

You are not special.

Keep that in mind.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-19, 09:43 AM
Let me make the next 4 years of your adolescence a bit easier:

You are not special.

Keep that in mind.

Thank you, Azrael, I really needed that Cynicism.

Madmal
2007-07-19, 09:48 AM
what does he mean with "Internet Drama" anyway?

Azrael
2007-07-19, 09:58 AM
Cynicism?

It's the truth.

You'll be happier the sooner you can accept yourself for who you are, instead of for being a unique & beautiful snowflake.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-07-19, 09:58 AM
what does he mean with "Internet Drama" anyway?

Yes, I found that kind of ironic, too.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-19, 09:59 AM
There's another Rex out there? :smalleek:

Castaras
2007-07-19, 10:00 AM
14, listen to 70s rock, play games for a few hours before getting bored and playing another.

Next!

Azrael
2007-07-19, 10:03 AM
Yes, I found that kind of ironic, too.

I think you put the wrong word in there. Internet Drama is not ironic. It's Iconic.

BourgeoisReader
2007-07-19, 10:06 AM
Certainly not. There are plenty of people out there who are so cool and alternative that they dare not even waste their time with making forum posts about such things. Besides modern music has been lacking in the last ten years.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-07-19, 10:09 AM
I think you put the wrong word in there. Internet Drama is not ironic. It's Iconic.

It's not "Internet Drama" by itself that I find ironic, it's that I think he's being rather dramatic about not liking said "Internet Drama".

Madmal
2007-07-19, 10:13 AM
and i don't really know what's he referring to as "internet drama"...

Jibar
2007-07-19, 10:38 AM
Cynicism?

It's the truth.

You'll be happier the sooner you can accept yourself for who you are, instead of for being a unique & beautiful snowflake.

Azrael, you've seemed a little grumpier than usual lately.
You don't seem to be carrying the same flighty attitude that you usually used with your knowledge.

dish
2007-07-19, 11:09 AM
and i don't really know what's he referring to as "internet drama"...

If you really don't know what it means (and you're not being ironic or iconic or whatever), then you've asked at a most appropriate moment, since it is now the eve of one of the most eagerly awaited internet drama moments in history, the Potterdammerung (http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Potterdammerung).

Have a quick look at this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51169) (I'm avoiding the spoilers myself), and you can see even on this polite, well-regulated forum, people are starting to get a little ...argumentative... about Harry Potter Book 7. Serious newspapers (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/07/spoiling_the_potter_embargo.html) are hosting arguments about whether or not the NY Times should have reviewed the book early, and whether a children's book is a suitable topic for adult attention. Now imagine what's happening on other websites: trolls are trolling, arguments are brewing, people are getting ready to heap abuse on one another, friendships will end. All because of a book. A children's book.

And that is internet drama. People getting hideously upset on the internet about things that don't actually matter in the real world.

If you enjoy watching this happen, I suggest you have a look at Fandom Wank (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/) which is dedicated to finding internet drama within a huge variety of fandoms (including the Harry Potter fandom), or OTF Wank (http://www.journalfen.net/community/otf_wank/), which focuses on internet drama around other topics (such as knitting (http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Knitting), or how to pronounce the word 'sandwiches').

Warning: Links may not be 100% work-safe. Please proceed with caution.

ETA: I'm slightly surprised that the word 'wank' is allowed through the filter here. It's considered a reasonably offensive word in British English. Maybe not so much in American English?

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-19, 11:20 AM

COOL! your only 2 years yonger than me!:smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2007-07-19, 11:23 AM

Cool! I am 1 year older than you!:smallbiggrin:

Azrael
2007-07-19, 11:41 AM
Azrael, you've seemed a little grumpier than usual lately.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/jtoppan/grump.jpg

LCR
2007-07-19, 01:23 PM

Great, I'm four years older than you!

Jibar
2007-07-19, 01:45 PM
*A picture was here*

I... think that's an answer.

Azrael
2007-07-19, 01:50 PM
I... think that's an answer.

It was more of a response than an answer, I'll give you that.

FdL
2007-07-19, 01:50 PM
And that is internet drama. People getting hideously upset on the internet about things that don't actually matter in the real world.

If you enjoy watching this happen, I suggest you have a look at

(...)

Wow...This is heavy stuff. There's actually people who look for internet's lowest, petty arguments and puerile discussions. They seem to thrive in what common sense has taught us to avoid...Like...cockroaches.
Meh, it's such a big world after all.

Narmoth
2007-07-19, 02:01 PM
What I listened on when I was 16 (the list was smaller when I was 15):
Gary Moore (80s metal)
Black Sabbath (68-present, mostly 69-82)
Eagles (71-80)
Uriah Heep (69-present, mostly 69-85)
Deep Purple (67-present, mostly 70-76)
The Shadows (60-90, mostly 60-70)
Pink Floyd (68-95, almost exclusively 71-75)

Playing any instrument?

Argent
2007-07-19, 02:31 PM
Anything before '87 is considered classic. So, yeah, you are old.

And if you think that's bad, wait for the days of "Classic Rap." That will seem like a bad dream.

There's nothing at all wrong with the idea of Classic Rap. Rap's been around long enough for the older stuff to achieve 'classic' status. Old Run DMC, De La Soul, Digital Underground, even early Beastie Boys -- all that I'd consider classic (and quality) rap.

WhatIsGravity
2007-07-19, 11:18 PM
Now imagine what's happening on other websites: trolls are trolling, arguments are brewing, people are getting ready to heap abuse on one another, friendships will end. All because of a book. A children's book.

That's exactly what I was referring to.