PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Double Perform?

ShadowMan25
2017-01-12, 10:51 PM
So this might be a small stupid question. Is there anything stopping a bard who has say (sing/sting) perform skills from performing with both skills at the same time since they physically don't interfere with each other and earn double what you normally get, or would it just count as one performance?

legomaster00156
2017-01-12, 11:25 PM
It is entirely dependent on your GM. I, for one, would just have the PC roll one check, even if they're actually doing multiple types of Perform at the same time (maybe with a circumstance bonus). However, multiple PC's can totally roll their own Perform checks even when performing together (a.k.a. a band) and make money for each PC's check.

Psyren
2017-01-12, 11:26 PM
Yes - "A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time."

Even if something allows you to do two performances at once, the bonuses are usually typed (morale or competence) and so wouldn't stack/double if you were, say, Inspiring Courage twice.

ShadowMan25
2017-01-12, 11:35 PM
Yes - "A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time."

Even if something allows you to do two performances at once, the bonuses are usually typed (morale or competence) and so wouldn't stack/double if you were, say, Inspiring Courage twice.

I'm talking about the skill named perform, not the the bard class feature named bardic performance.

Psyren
2017-01-12, 11:43 PM
I'm talking about the skill named perform, not the the bard class feature named bardic performance.

Sorry, you mentioned bard and getting what sounded like bonuses in the OP so I assumed you meant the class feature.

I'm not sure what you mean then by "double what you normally get." Double the noise? Calling twice as much attention to yourself? :smalltongue:

Slithery D
2017-01-13, 12:05 AM
The Peform skill earns you money if you want it to and have the time. He's asking Bards who sing and play an instrument get paid more than Bards who just play or just sing.

Geddy2112
2017-01-13, 12:20 AM
If they were mostly equal as far as what you are doing, I would allow you to roll each and pick the highest.

If one is more just a supplemental part of the performance, then I would allow it to aid another for the primary performance.

ShadowMan25
2017-01-13, 08:19 AM
yeah it probably does't do anything extra, I just thought double the show double the money :smallbiggrin:.

khadgar567
2017-01-13, 09:54 AM
noted for futher loop hole abuse

Psyren
2017-01-13, 10:26 AM
The Peform skill earns you money if you want it to and have the time. He's asking Bards who sing and play an instrument get paid more than Bards who just play or just sing.

Ah I got you. The RAW answer is no - the reward values are per day rather than per performance.

Even if you could do this though, the rewards are teensy even by low level standards. It beats Profession by a mile, but at the end of the day, you're better off just adventuring.

Hiro Quester
2017-01-13, 10:41 AM
Even if you could do this though, the rewards are teensy even by low level standards. It beats Profession by a mile, but at the end of the day, you're better off just adventuring.

It can be better if you can play in a market area for wealthy people, and cast (or perform) a mass suggestion, so that one creature/level thinks:

"This is the most awesome performance I have ever heard! This guy is so amazingly talented that I want to reward him with all my gold!"

Psyren
2017-01-13, 12:42 PM
It can be better if you can play in a market area for wealthy people, and cast (or perform) a mass suggestion, so that one creature/level thinks:

"This is the most awesome performance I have ever heard! This guy is so amazingly talented that I want to reward him with all my gold!"

Any metropolitan area with citizenry that affluent will likely have magical law enforcement too. Great plothook for getting the bard back on the rails perhaps, but not such a bright idea in-universe.