PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer Conversion Question

ATHATH
2017-01-13, 12:37 AM
Are there any official rulings for what the Dread Necromancer's Rebuke Undead ability turns into in a 3.PF game?

OldTrees1
2017-01-13, 01:23 AM
No, Pazio has said nothing official about Dread Necromancer.

But all Pazio did was convert Turn/Rebuke undead into Channel Energy and split half of it into the Command Undead feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/command-undead---final).

So replace:
1st Rebuke Undead
with
1st Channel Negative Energy 1d6, Command Undead bonus feat

Florian
2017-01-13, 11:12 AM
Are there any official rulings for what the Dread Necromancer's Rebuke Undead ability turns into in a 3.PF game?

It depends on what your actual question really is.

A basic conversion is based on the regular Channel Negative Energy ability with Command Undead as a bonus feat.

Besides that, this class has become obsolete and should not be converted, as itīs core functions have already been implemented into rules of other classes.

Xuldarinar
2017-01-13, 11:17 AM
Give them psuedo- Channel Negative Energy and the Command undead, only to utilize said feat. Think of what they do with Necromancy school wizards.

Segev
2017-01-13, 01:37 PM
Besides that, this class has become obsolete and should not be converted, as itīs core functions have already been implemented into rules of other classes.

I'd be interested in your list of what other classes have implemented and how. I know the Necromancer subclass of wizard now has Command Undead; is there a class which makes a better minionmancer?

Florian
2017-01-13, 01:57 PM
I'd be interested in your list of what other classes have implemented and how. I know the Necromancer subclass of wizard now has Command Undead; is there a class which makes a better minionmancer?

That depends on your definition on what "minionmancer" is and how far we should go into this territory and what we should deem to be viable options.

Generally speaking, take a closer look at a Dhampir Lich-Corrupted/Lich-Cursed Bone Oracle, which will set the limits to what broad control is possible, or compare that to an Occultist/Necroccultist to see what kinds of unkind could be controlled.

Eldaran
2017-01-14, 12:51 AM
This is what I did to convert the Dread Necromancer to Pathfinder: "Increase HD to d8. At 1st level, the Dread Necromancer gains the ability to channel negative energy as a cleric of their level 3+cha mod times per day. They also gain the Command Undead feat. At 3rd level they gain the ability to channel energy to both damage living creatures and heal undead creatures within 5 feet of them. This increases 5ft in radius every 5 levels after 3rd. This replaces rebuke undead and negative energy burst."

ATHATH
2017-01-16, 02:29 AM
Thanks, guys.