PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Can a Kangaroo use a crossbow?

Zhentarim
2017-01-13, 02:34 AM
Just a thought. I was playing with novel druid ideas.

Ashtagon
2017-01-13, 02:51 AM
The forepaws of real kangaroos are about as capable of fine manipulation as those of a dog. So no.

Add enough magic and anything can be done.

khadgar567
2017-01-13, 03:31 AM
Actualy it can use shoulder cross bow from gears of power from drop dead studios

Zhentarim
2017-01-13, 12:18 PM
The forepaws of real kangaroos are about as capable of fine manipulation as those of a dog. So no.

What about a bear?

digiman619
2017-01-13, 12:28 PM
What about a bear?

When it comes to a standard crossbow, the only animals that have the manual dexterity to use it are either apes/monkeys or raccoons. I'm sure there's stats out there for modded gear the could be used by the less dexterous animals, but not the standard.

Florian
2017-01-13, 12:36 PM
What about a bear?

Every kind of animal can operate a trigger, thatīs no biggie and doesnīt need manual dexterity to do it.
Scrap reloading, tho.

Psyren
2017-01-13, 01:23 PM
Every kind of animal can operate a trigger, thatīs no biggie and doesnīt need manual dexterity to do it.
Scrap reloading, tho.

This. In fact, dogs shoot their owners with depressing regularity.

Florian
2017-01-13, 01:34 PM
This. In fact, dogs shoot their owners with depressing regularity.

Puh, are we lucky to have invented the trigger guard and most dogs have clumsy paws, right?

So, no Psyren, a trigger is a very uncomplicated thing that you could operate with a stick, a pirate hook hand or an entirely amputated hand, itīs so uncomplicated.

Luckily, our pets donīt know this.

2017-01-13, 01:36 PM

"There's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball!"

Psyren
2017-01-13, 01:45 PM
Puh, are we lucky to have invented the trigger guard and most dogs have clumsy paws, right?

So, no Psyren, a trigger is a very uncomplicated thing that you could operate with a stick, a pirate hook hand or an entirely amputated hand, itīs so uncomplicated.

Luckily, our pets donīt know this.

Er, I was actually agreeing with you :smalltongue:

Florian
2017-01-13, 02:01 PM
Er, I was actually agreeing with you :smalltongue:

Iīm not living in a country where citizens are allowed to own guns and hunters are a very rare and controversial breed indeed, so youīve been to subtle, my friend ;)

Ashtagon
2017-01-13, 02:06 PM
"There's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball!"

There's no rule that says I am required to roll dice to determine if I hit with my attack either. The rules present that as an option, but it doesn't say I am required to. Therefore, I can simply say I hit, with no roll required.

Florian
2017-01-13, 02:11 PM
There's no rule that says I am required to roll dice to determine if I hit with my attack either. The rules present that as an option, but it doesn't say I am required to. Therefore, I can simply say I hit, with no roll required.

*Laughs*

Rules are used to determine if something happens and how reality should be modeled if the intended result of an action is called into question.

We know that neither cats nor dogs play basketball, so we do not call that into question and create rules to calculate an outcome.

2017-01-13, 02:15 PM

I was making a joking reference to Air Bud, didn't realize it would get taken as a serious answer. Sorry.

Zaq
2017-01-13, 03:14 PM
What about a bear?

I initially parsed this as "can a kangaroo use a bear?"

Which is probably about as amusing to think about, really.

TheIronGolem
2017-01-13, 03:32 PM

Which is probably about as amusing to think about, really.

They can, but it's an exotic proficiency.

Jormengand
2017-01-13, 03:38 PM

A kangaroo could probably ride a bear, with a little mechanical help.

That said, I am guilty of trying to make a deinonychus ride a horse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21287444&postcount=101), so maybe my opinion isn't the best here.

dhasenan
2017-01-13, 06:35 PM
Crossbows are designed for bipeds with broad shoulders and dexterous fingers. You could craft a special trigger that a kangaroo could manage. However, I'm not sure where you would be able to position a crossbow on a kangaroo to make it work.

A ballista would be much more plausible.

Necroticplague
2017-01-13, 06:40 PM
Even if they can't by default, a Vivisector and two hours can make this a 'yes'.