PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What book is reduce monster in?

Matrota
2017-01-14, 01:33 PM
Just as the title reads. My friend is trying to find the reduce monster spell and is having difficulty. The stuff I've found about it online is all homebrew, so I figured it's not under open game content. Anyone know?

SilverLeaf167
2017-01-14, 01:51 PM
Is this 3.5? Are you sure such a thing exists? I've never heard of Enlarge Monster, for instance.

Reduce Person and Reduce Animal are both in the Player's Handbook.

GilesTheCleric
2017-01-14, 01:52 PM
If Reduce Monster is a spell, it's probably homebrew. The 3.0 spell Reduce was renamed to Reduce Person in 3.5, and is in the PHB. I can't find a Reduce Monster spell in dragmag. It could be in some other licensed content (KoK, Dark Sun, Dragonlance, etc).

thoroughlyS
2017-01-14, 01:55 PM
The closest I've found is the psionic power compression (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/compression.htm), which doesn't care about creature type.

Matrota
2017-01-14, 02:22 PM
Is this 3.5? Are you sure such a thing exists? I've never heard of Enlarge Monster, for instance.

Reduce Person and Reduce Animal are both in the Player's Handbook.

You may be right, I was thinking since hold had a hold monster variant, it'd be logical to have a reduce monster variant. Guess you could always resort to spellcraft!

Inevitability
2017-01-14, 04:08 PM
There's also the Ring of Reduction (10000 GP) from Lords of Madness, which reduces the creature wearing it by a single size category. Depending on your level, it may be on the pricy side, but if it's not it's definitely worth checking out.

ShurikVch
2017-01-14, 04:53 PM
There's also the Ring of Reduction (10000 GP) from Lords of Madness, which reduces the creature wearing it by a single size category. Depending on your level, it may be on the pricy side, but if it's not it's definitely worth checking out.Also, for the same 10k gp, you may get a Shrink Collar from A&EG - it set Size to Small (unwilling creatures got save)