PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War: About initiating archetypes

digiman619
2017-01-14, 05:06 PM
Path of War: Expanded brought a lot of archetypes to make regular martials (fighter, ranger, etc.) initiators as well. These archetypes all had the limiting factor of having a max maneuver level of 6. How unbalanced would granting them full initiation progression be?

Elricaltovilla
2017-01-14, 06:49 PM
With the understanding that this is in no way an official endorsement of anything:

I've done it before with no real issues, however this was already a very Path of War heavy game. In the context of such a game, allowing full maneuver progression should cause no real issues. In a game where most players won't be using Path of War or where there will be at least one person playing a "regular" martial, I can't really recommend it.

For the record, I used the warder progression for maneuvers and stances.

Eldaran
2017-01-14, 10:17 PM
I'd say it depends on the class. Fighters, Paladins, and Rangers are fine getting the full 9th level progression. Something like the Aegis, Psychic Warrior, or Alchemist are already really strong with the archetype (or without), so they don't really need the extra power of 9ths on top. Also, any of the 6th level initiators can get 7th-9th level maneuvers with a feat already.