PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tiefling Gunslinger TWF build

Gnumaster
2017-01-14, 06:04 PM
Im pretty new to Pathfinder but I have done some research and come up with this build for a tiefling (azura spawn) TWF pistolero. With prehensile tail the character is allowed to hold a firearm in his tail while reloading. 3rd party stuff is allowed.

Any advice / suggestions are welcome :)

Level/Feats:
1. gunslinger (pistolero): gunsmithing (gunslinger free), deadly aim (level), rapid reload (alternative deed)
2. monk (far strike): improved unarmed striking, quick draw (2 x monk free), point blank shot (monk bonus)
3. monk (far strike): precise shot (monk bonus), rapid shot (level), getting evasion
4. gunslinger (pistolero): -
5. gunslinger (pistolero): improved initiative (level), deft shootist (alternate deed)
6. gunslinger (pistolero): two weapon fighting (gunslinger bonus)
7. gunslinger (pistolero): clustered shots (level), getting gun training
8. fighter (mutation warrior): improved two weapon fighting (fighter bonus)
9. fighter (mutation warrior): weapon focus (fighter bonus), snap shot (level)
10. fighter (mutation warrior): - getting mutagen
11. fighter (mutation warrior): combat reflexes (fighter bonus), improved snap shot (level)
12. fighter (mutation warrior): - getting weapon training
13. fighter (mutation warrior): weapon specialization (fighter bonus), greater two weapon fighting (level)
14. martial artist: dodge, agile defense (2 x martial artist free), getting chosen weapon
15. martial artist: hammer the gap (martial artist bonus), improved critical (level), getting uncanny dodge

Im not sure where to go from there...

After 5 levels in gunslinger the class seems pretty horrible, especially for a pistolero.

Any other classes worth dipping into?

Another level in mutation warrior will give a mutagen discovery (wings for 7 min per day is probably the best choice) and after that I could get advanced weapon training by staying for two extra levels.

Geddy2112
2017-01-14, 06:38 PM
You are correct that gunslinger is really only good for 5 levels and not much else.

The deft shootist deed will require dodge and mobility as bonus feats first. It is not needed all that often as a 5 foot step can usually cover you.

Grabbing a domain from cleric, warpriest, inquisitor can give you some handy buffs, but they are fairly minor. Ranger is a full BAB class you could look into for multiclassing. You might be best to just stay in fighter.

Gnumaster
2017-01-14, 06:49 PM
Deft Shootist is through an alternate deed (from Gunslingers of Porphyra). Likewise is Rapid Reload.

"Whenever a gunslinger would gain 1 or more deeds from the gunslinger class, they can replace 1 of them with an alternative deed."

Reload Expert (Ex) At 1st level, a gunslinger with this deed is treated as though they possessed the Rapid Reload feat for the purposes of meeting the prerequisites of feats which require them. In addition, as long as the gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, they gain the benefits of the Rapid Reload feat and can reload a two-handed firearm as a standard action before applying the Rapid Reload feat.

Deft Shootist (Ex) At 3rd level, as long as the gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, the gunslinger is treated as though they possessed the Deft Shootist feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

Geddy2112
2017-01-14, 07:07 PM
Ahh, well then you are covered!

You probably want improved precise shot to negate miss chances. Otherwise, you are pretty maxed out-just boost dex/wis, spend all your coin on getting your pistols to +5, and probably carry on in a full BAB class but otherwise it is just more icing on the cake.

Another rank in martial artist grants fear immunity which is nice, as well as +1 to initiative. I don't think improved uncanny dodge from the 4th martial artist level is worth it-some decent tactics can prevent flanking and even if you are the bonus is not world ending. At higher levels, every rogue with Sneak attack is going to beat your 4 levels in martial artist anyways. I think wings are a good idea unless you reliably have a way to fly magically by this level. Non dispelleable flight is a boon, but if you already have somebody giving you flight then just stick to greater mutagen.

Gnumaster
2017-01-14, 07:31 PM
Getting immunity to fear could be really useful with the subpar will save and a boost to initiative is always nice. At 3rd level I would be getting +10ft movement as well. However if Im taking a 3rd level in martial artist I might as well go for a 4th as well? I mean I dont like leaving a class one level shy of a class bonus feat :smallsmile: although Improved Uncanny Dodge propably only is a small improvement.

I cant get greater mutagen as the discovery as it requires 12 levels in alchemist (fighter) and Im only at 7 at that point. Wings only require level 6.

Taking another 2 levels in martial artist and 3 in fighter (for the discovery and advanced weapon training) would take the character all the way to level 20.