PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To The Movies With My Friend Sister

Bartmanhomer
2017-01-15, 06:02 PM
A couple of minutes also I was calling my friend for casual conversation until her sister want to talk to me on his phone. So she speak to me. First she ask me if I have a girlfriend. I said no to her. Then she ask me if I want to go to the movies with her. And I was very shock and I said yes. Then I asked her if this some sort of date. She said no it's just a friendly social event. I was surprised to her when she asked me that. So anyway she going to make the plan to see which movie we're going to see next month. I'm so happy. :smile:

T-Mick
2017-01-15, 06:53 PM
Now's a good time to see a movie, they're running an ad where they recite William Blake's "The Tyger."

Every time I see another post by you, I think of that poem. When He finished you, "Did He smile his work to see? Did He who made the lamb make thee?"

Anyway, I hope you have a good time!

Bartmanhomer
2017-01-15, 10:59 PM
Now's a good time to see a movie, they're running an ad where they recite William Blake's "The Tyger."

Every time I see another post by you, I think of that poem. When He finished you, "Did He smile his work to see? Did He who made the lamb make thee?"

Anyway, I hope you have a good time!

Thank you I'm so excited to look forward for this wonderful events. Most of the time it my friend who always want to see the movies every month.

kyoryu
2017-01-17, 04:00 PM
Awesome! Are others going?

And though she may have said that it's not a date... it's certainly date-like. She asked you if you had a girlfriend or not, that's a big clue. And if others arne't going, that's a bigger clue.

Just don't buy the wedding invitations yet, and try to be a fun person. It'll be a fun time no matter what :)

Bartmanhomer
2017-01-17, 04:05 PM
Awesome! Are others going?

And though she may have said that it's not a date... it's certainly date-like. She asked you if you had a girlfriend or not, that's a big clue. And if others arne't going, that's a bigger clue.

Just don't buy the wedding invitations yet, and try to be a fun person. It'll be a fun time no matter what :)

I'm not sure. I asked my friend is he's tagging along with her sister and I but he's not sure. Oh yeah, she does have a daughter.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-01, 04:45 PM
Well I talk to my friend and he told me that his sister is going to the movies with her boyfriend. They got back together. So it cancelled! :frown:

2D8HP
2017-02-01, 05:29 PM
...So it cancelled! :frown:

Sorry to learn that.

Keltest
2017-02-01, 05:35 PM
Well I talk to my friend and he told me that his sister is going to the movies with her boyfriend. They got back together. So it cancelled! :frown:

I... think you may have dodged a bullet here, actually, if she was going out with you as a rebound date. or worse, to make the no-longer-ex jealous.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-01, 05:41 PM
I... think you may have dodged a bullet here, actually, if she was going out with you as a rebound date. or worse, to make the no-longer-ex jealous.

Yes. It's pretty much sounds like it. In a way it did sounds like a rebound date. But then again, I'm just not really sure what it was. :confused:

Anonymouswizard
2017-02-01, 06:03 PM

Well that sucks. Not actually from a date perspective, but because going to the movies is just fun.

I agree you probably dodged a bullet, but then again my actual knowledge of dates and relationships would make your average stereotypical nerd look competent (although I'm always the one making those jokes). It is confusing as to what it was, it could be anything from a rebound date to she just wanted to see a certain movie and likes to hang out with you, or maybe she just wanted to get away from the daughter for an evening. No way to know without asking her.

NePb
2017-02-01, 06:28 PM
Yes. It's pretty much sounds like it. In a way it did sounds like a rebound date. But then again, I'm just not really sure what it was. :confused:

It was her using you to feel better about herself, in my opinion. Move on, but never forget this, and if it happens again in the future, be extremely cautious.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-01, 06:39 PM
It was her using you to feel better about herself, in my opinion. Move on, but never forget this, and if it happens again in the future, be extremely cautious.

Well to my friend on the phone and I told him that I was very angry to his sister. I was cursing like crazy. Once he gives his phone to his sister, I give her a piece of my mind saying how I feel about it and everything and it turn out she was using me to get back at her boyfriend but in the end she apologized and I forgive her. Man I'm such a total idiot. :mad:

NePb
2017-02-01, 09:15 PM
Well to my friend on the phone and I told him that I was very angry to his sister. I was cursing like crazy. Once he gives his phone to his sister, I give her a piece of my mind saying how I feel about it and everything and it turn out she was using me to get back at her boyfriend but in the end she apologized and I forgive her. Man I'm such a total idiot. :mad:

What the girl did was mean, deceitful and shows her true character. You indeed dodged a bullet.

More importantly though, you are not an idiot. People do nasty things to each other each and every day routinely. Being hurt sucks, but at the very worst it can still be a learning experience. You've learned that not only is this girl rather un-trustworthy, you have learned that not all human interaction is without pitfalls or subterfuge and finally you have learned that when one has bits you are attracted too, it can be more difficult to process deceit.

Don't be hard on yourself over this. Don't be hard on your friend over this, it is not his fault his sister is ignorant, and most importantly don't be hard on the girl. Yes she hurt you. Yes it was rude. I could go on, but at the end of the day, she had been hurt and made an emotionally charged decision, something we all do from time to time, and I assume she regrets it. furthermore, being hard on the girl is un-gentlemanly, and more importantly is unbecoming to ones character. You are in a position of power when she has made a choice to hurt you, and it is very empowering to take the high road in such a situation.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-02, 05:56 PM
What the girl did was mean, deceitful and shows her true character. You indeed dodged a bullet.

More importantly though, you are not an idiot. People do nasty things to each other each and every day routinely. Being hurt sucks, but at the very worst it can still be a learning experience. You've learned that not only is this girl rather un-trustworthy, you have learned that not all human interaction is without pitfalls or subterfuge and finally you have learned that when one has bits you are attracted too, it can be more difficult to process deceit.

Don't be hard on yourself over this. Don't be hard on your friend over this, it is not his fault his sister is ignorant, and most importantly don't be hard on the girl. Yes she hurt you. Yes it was rude. I could go on, but at the end of the day, she had been hurt and made an emotionally charged decision, something we all do from time to time, and I assume she regrets it. furthermore, being hard on the girl is un-gentlemanly, and more importantly is unbecoming to ones character. You are in a position of power when she has made a choice to hurt you, and it is very empowering to take the high road in such a situation.

Thanks. I'm feeling much better now. Anyway I call my friend in the phone, he told me the reason why his sister was acting like because she's bipolar. Bipolar or nor, it's still inexcusable. :mad:

Green Elf
2017-02-02, 08:20 PM
Go to the movies anyways. :)

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-02, 08:40 PM
Go to the movies anyways. :)

I'm not in speaking terms with his sister any more.

Razade
2017-02-02, 08:54 PM
By yourself.

Scarlet Knight
2017-02-02, 10:44 PM
Thanks. I'm feeling much better now. Anyway I call my friend in the phone, he told me the reason why his sister was acting like because she's bipolar. Bipolar or nor, it's still inexcusable. :mad:

You know Bartmanhomer, I'd think of all people, you'd be sympathetic to people with medical conditions that hurt their ability to interact well with others.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-03, 12:19 AM
You know Bartmanhomer, I'd think of all people, you'd be sympathetic to people with medical conditions that hurt their ability to interact well with others.
Really? You think so?

Ceaon
2017-02-03, 05:59 AM
Really? You think so?

What Scarlet Knight means, I think, is this.

You try to make contact with people over this site. A for effort! Sometimes you succeed and make friends, sometimes you fail and people do not understand you, or even get mad, or you get frustrated because someone doesn't seem to understand you. It happens.

These failures in communication are caused by a number of factors. Among these factors are a number of your traits, which psychologists, and you yourself, have categorized as belonging to the autism spectrum.

Scarlet suggests that you, being in that situation, where your traits sometimes cause problems in communication, would be able to see how difficult it can be to have such traits. He suggests that the girl you were speaking about may experience similar (but different) communication problems as you, due to her traits, categorized as bipolarity, which causes her to experiences massive mood swings.

Scarlet also implies that, as you and her both have similar experiences, he expected you to be more forgiving of her trouble in communicating with others than you seem to be.

I hope I am being clear!

Anonymouswizard
2017-02-03, 07:58 AM
I'm not in speaking terms with his sister any more.

By yourself or with other friends?

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-03, 11:11 AM
By yourself or with other friends?

I don't know what you mean by that? Can you explain more clearly so I can understand please? :confused:

Keltest
2017-02-03, 11:13 AM
I don't know what you mean by that? Can you explain more clearly so I can understand please? :confused:

He is suggesting that, irrespective of what your friend's sister is doing, you should go see a movie anyway. Go by yourself or invite some friends along. Movies are fun even when they aren't dates.

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-03, 11:17 AM
He is suggesting that, irrespective of what your friend's sister is doing, you should go see a movie anyway. Go by yourself or invite some friends along. Movies are fun even when they aren't dates.

I always got with the movie with my friends every first Saturday of the the month. Then For the rest of the month I go to the movies by myself.