PDA

View Full Version : returning to class after "+1 of previous class"?

Neowulf
2017-01-15, 08:28 PM
so I've been going over my options for my current D&D campaign & I'm kind of doing fighter/warblade build & I've been using spare skill points to gain skill tricks

now I've seen uncanny trickster & would probably take levels in that class for the extra skill tricks, points, and the fact that it gives +1 level of existing class

so my question is mostly going to be something like if I leveled up to fighter 3, took 3 levels of Uncanny trickster to gain the bonus feats, then level up in fighter again, would I get the level 3 fighter bonus feat or not? and if this campaign starts going into epic levels, can i technically keep doing tricks like this to keep gaining bonus feats, even after I technically go over level 20 of fighter?

SangoProduction
2017-01-15, 09:56 PM
so I've been going over my options for my current D&D campaign & I'm kind of doing fighter/warblade build & I've been using spare skill points to gain skill tricks

now I've seen uncanny trickster & would probably take levels in that class for the extra skill tricks, points, and the fact that it gives +1 level of existing class

so my question is mostly going to be something like if I leveled up to fighter 3, took 3 levels of Uncanny trickster to gain the bonus feats, then level up in fighter again, would I get the level 3 fighter bonus feat or not? and if this campaign starts going into epic levels, can i technically keep doing tricks like this to keep gaining bonus feats, even after I technically go over level 20 of fighter?

It means "consider yourself 1 level higher than you actually are in that class" just like spell casting progression.

Neowulf
2017-01-15, 10:24 PM
It means "consider yourself 1 level higher than you actually are in that class" just like spell casting progression.

so I can't just use it to stack fighter bonus feats on top of each other?

SangoProduction
2017-01-15, 10:27 PM
so I can't just use it to stack fighter bonus feats on top of each other?

Nope. The +1 to previous class type stuff always applies after your levels. So it would then give you the "benefit" of a 5th level fighter.