PDA

View Full Version : PVP Barbarian

Vaz
2017-01-16, 06:37 AM
Hi guys. Just been told by my DM that our group is going to be doing a PVP oneshot, 12th, maybe 14th level. I usually play a snealy ranger/rogue so want to try a Beatstick. No idea what everyone else is playing but I'm not too fussed.

Standard Point Buy and a single magic item of up to Rare.

So, immediately just thought of a Bear Barbarian with Psychic Resist Armour for just 'nope' purposes. Outside of bulk resist flat damage though, I'm not sure whereelse to go from there. Help please!

Contrast
2017-01-16, 08:19 AM
Do you know if its a 1vs1 arrangement or a free for all? Do you know what the arena will look like?

One potential problem in a one vs one is a repelling blast warlock swathed in darkness (remember to bring some ranged weapons!). You have an issue with save spells as well, particularly wisdom as you're unlikely to be able to put a lot into it.

If you want to try something kooky that no-one will expect - gnome barbarian with shield master! Resist all the damage! Advantage and bonuses to saves! It may not be optimal but you'll be a gnome barbarian and thats got to make up for something right? :smallbiggrin:

WhiteWolf
2017-01-16, 08:40 AM
Race-wise I'd go with Goliath, Half-Orc, Mountain Dwarf or Variant Human, and get 15,15,15,8,8,8 with point buy. Put the 15s in Str, Dex and Con and go unarmored defence. Then either grab a great sword and get Bracers of Defence as your magic item or take a one-handed weapon and use a shield and maybe get a magic weapon or a +2 shield. Maybe grab the Sentinel feat or Great Weapon Master and use the rest of your ASI's to bump Str, and Con and to get Dex up to 16 for +1 AC.
Then just hit everything until it stops moving

[edit]
Get a Belt of Hill Giant Strength as your magic item, then you can put an 8 in Str and end up with 21, that means you don't have to dump your Wis,Int,Cha as much and can use your ASI's for Con, Dex and Feats