PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What's the point of Innervated Speed on the Swiftblade?

Xaroth
2017-01-16, 09:45 AM
So this might seem kinda dumb to ask, but I'm looking at the Swiftblade (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) at the moment, and when I noticed that Innervated Speed doesn't specify whether or not you can attack during it, I asked in the RAW thread for an answer. Since this isn't a RAW question, I decided to make it a separate thread.

So, the Swiftblade is a melee character with some advancement in arcane spellcasting. But when Haste pretty much gives you anything you could ever want in a melee character, where is the use in having a time stop? I get that it's a free round, essentially, but what could a melee character want to do in that time? Escape?

Zanos
2017-01-16, 09:50 AM
It's 6/10 casting, and having haste usually requires at least three casting levels already, so a character with innervated speed probably has access to 11th level casting, and therefore 6th level spells. Actually, he'd need to have 6ths to use it at all.

Point being that even though you can't attack during it, since it's as time stop, it gives you a couple of rounds to cast buffs on yourself.

Xaroth
2017-01-16, 11:10 AM
Hm, I suppose so. It might be good if someone wants to cast fly on themselves, or if they want to set up something that can be discharged at any time.

That's fair, thanks for answering!

lord_khaine
2017-01-16, 11:26 AM
Besides that its a time stop. You can also use it outside of combat, for plot actions ect.

Troacctid
2017-01-16, 11:27 AM
It's time stop. You use it for whatever you would normally use time stop for.

barakaka
2017-01-16, 06:23 PM
No! Not vortex of teeth!!!!!!