PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Neutral Deity Reach Cleric?

Nintendogeek01
2017-01-16, 08:47 PM
I tried out a cleric using Brewer's Guide to Reach Clerics (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5kvBvq2DEHjRWctNG05X0JINm8/edit?pli=1), and it's been alright but I've noticed that neutral deity worshipers don't seem to get a whole lot of mileage out of Sacred Summons, but I'm not here to ask about the feat...

I was just wondering what tweaks could be made for those that do worship Neutral deities?

Florian
2017-01-17, 08:15 AM
I tried out a cleric using Brewer's Guide to Reach Clerics (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5kvBvq2DEHjRWctNG05X0JINm8/edit?pli=1), and it's been alright but I've noticed that neutral deity worshipers don't seem to get a whole lot of mileage out of Sacred Summons, but I'm not here to ask about the feat...

I was just wondering what tweaks could be made for those that do worship Neutral deities?

No, you acually hit on a good point here, it all hinges on whether you can get the improved economy of action out of Sacred Summons or not. That in turn is based on, so far, only the G-N-E axis really having gotten any noticeable support, with L-N-C legging a bit behind.

Beyond that point, it gets difficult without talking about the _exact_ deity and whatcan be done with it. For example, there are N deities that allow for Paladins, so that opens up the option to got for VMC Paladin, therefore Aura of Good and that again favours Sacred Summons and Summon Good Monster, along with Smite Evil.

Nintendogeek01
2017-01-17, 09:52 AM
That's kinda defeating the point of my asking this question to dump cleric entirely and go to another class.

I mean, if a cleric that worships a neutral deity can't get any real mileage out of sacred summon that's all fine and dandy, then I just wouldn't bother to get Sacred Summon. Just that this guide places so much emphasis on that particular feat and doesn't really give any alternatives; I'm just curious what else a neutral deity worshiper might do instead of Sacred Summons that'd still be a boon.

Florian
2017-01-18, 07:02 AM
You pose your question the wrong way around, that's why it's difficult to give you a straight answer to it. The core concept of the reach cleric is based on gaining a leg up on a superior economy of actions in contrast to a regular melee cleric build.

That means this build concept is only availlable when certain conditions can be met, making it only suitable for a small subset of availlable clerics/deities.
That in turn means looking for ways and means to meet the requirements to make the concept work, and that, frankly, is: "How can you use summons as a standard action?"

This means either finding a way to get Superior Summons as a bonus feat without needing to fulfill the prereqs (Dipping into some PrC or using the Herald Caller archetype) or lokking into ways to get the prerequisite "Aura" going, like with the aforementioned VMC Paladin (You know, sacifize feats for class features) when possible.

CasualViking
2017-01-18, 07:25 AM
Get a domain with good BC spells, leverarge Theologian to cast them all day long?