PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Third Party Publishers Questions

LordOfCain
2017-01-17, 12:23 PM
I have a few questions for any people involved in third party publishers here in GiTP that would care to answer.

1. Does your company consider potential freelance material sent to them? AKA if someone sends you something they would like you to consider publishing, do you consider it?

2. How is your business structured? In American terms, is it a LLC, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, etc.?
Note: If you don't work for any specific company, you could answer for any company you have worked for.
Thank you for answering.

atemu1234
2017-01-17, 06:25 PM
I'm not certain; but I'm fairly concerned that this falls under the legal advice section barred by forum rules.

LordOfCain
2017-01-17, 07:48 PM
I'm not certain; but I'm fairly concerned that this falls under the legal advice section barred by forum rules.

I don't think I'm asking for professional advice. Is asking questions about companies' policies professional advice?

LordOfCain
2017-01-18, 07:25 AM
Anyone willing to answer? If this is deemed professional advice, I am sorry for violating forum rules.

Florian
2017-01-18, 07:52 AM
Based on what I know from dealing with local german companies:

The publishers I know accept proposals, but mainly offer two kinds of deal: Freelance contract or plattform contract. For the former, you're simply paid per word, for the later, they deduct their costs and profit margin and you gain what is in excess, if anything.

The business structure depends on size and risk. What you know as a LLC is a GmbH to us and needs some hefty initial funding (50k+ just to get started), but also offers a lot of security in return. Below that is the GbR, so "Business based on common trade laws".
Structurally and strategically, we're all locked into partnerships. You want to create your own line, you open up a GbR and get into agreement with a GmbH to shoulder the risks and manage the financing aspect of it, until you can either archieve a griendly merger or grow large enough in size to form your own GmbH.

LordOfCain
2017-01-18, 12:15 PM
The business structure depends on size and risk. What you know as a LLC is a GmbH to us and needs some hefty initial funding (50k+ just to get started

Wow, this is really interesting. Thanks.