PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Dream Assassin and an Azerblood ubercharger.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-17, 01:34 PM
Like the title says; however, I am not looking for a build, only help with one that is almost complete. Firstly, is there any way to gain the Poison Use ability without race, class, or skill use? Secondly, is there any base class (including ACFs) that grants full BAB and 1d6 Sneak Attack at 1st level?

Thank you!!!:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Also, could someone tell me what you have to exchange for the Lion Totem Barbarian ACF?

ComaVision
2017-01-17, 01:39 PM
1. Master of Poisons feat
2. Sneak Attack Fighter (UA)
3. I assume you mean the Spirit Lion Totem for pounce, not the Lion Totem. Spiritual totems replace the fast movement class feature.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-18, 11:40 AM
Is there any alternative to the Sneak Attack Fighter that also gets the rogue's skill list?

Additionally...A: Which book is the Spirit Lion Totem from, and B: How can I get a new speed boost without any LA?

EDIT: Oh, and thanks again!:smallbiggrin:

Inevitability
2017-01-18, 12:17 PM
Is there any alternative to the Sneak Attack Fighter that also gets the rogue's skill list?

The Thug fighter has some rogue skills at the cost of armor proficiencies. What's more, it explicitly stacks with the SA fighter, meaning that you effectively give up your first-level bonus feat for two separate ACF's. Normally that shouldn't be possible, but in this case it is.

Being a Skilled City Dweller (Cityscape) can also change the fighter's skill list a bit.

ComaVision
2017-01-18, 12:27 PM
1. As a base class, Fighter is your only option for full BaB and SA. There are a few prestige classes with full BaB, SA, and better skill lists. Nightsong Enforcerer might do the trick if you can swing the prerequisites.

2.A. Complete Champion
B. There a lots of ways to pick up speed. The Dash feat will give you 5'. A one level dip in Ardent will let you get the Freedom Mantle for a 10' boost, and will help you qualify for the Speed of Thought feat which is another 10'. A Cleric dip with the Celerity dip will get you 10'. There are lots of other options (classes, feats, prestige classes) but it all depends on how much speed you want and what you're willing to spend. The ones I listed are, in my opinion, the easier ones to grab.

Inevitability
2017-01-18, 02:50 PM
Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment (Celerity)) should also give a +10 bonus to speed.

Also, for near-full BAB and full sneak attack progression, there's also the Daring Outlaw build (Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 16 with the eponymous feat). +19 BAB, 10d6 SA, and somewhere in tier 4 in terms of power.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-20, 06:16 PM
What is a good, fairly early-access prestige class that gives sneak attack and 6/10 or better arcane casting progression?
Additionally, is there any source for a violin-crossbow? I'm not sure how much it would cost...

ComaVision
2017-01-20, 06:52 PM
What is a good, fairly early-access prestige class that gives sneak attack and 6/10 or better arcane casting progression?
Additionally, is there any source for a violin-crossbow? I'm not sure how much it would cost...

1. Unseen Seer is the way to go for that.
2. There's a Lute-bow here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070314a).

gorfnab
2017-01-20, 07:55 PM
There are a few prestige classes that come close to that, listed here in this handbook: Sneak Attacking Spellcasters (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240)

For a poison using Assassin type character as mentioned in your first post you might want to consider these handbooks:
The Rogue Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?156350-3-5-The-Rogue-Handbook-A-Fistful-of-d6)
The Assassin Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8273)
The Poison Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2714)

Also, the more information you post about your build (Race, classes, levels, feats, book availability, DM house rules, etc.), the more information and suggestions we can offer.

Inevitability
2017-01-21, 02:20 AM

Unseen Seer and Arcane Trickster are the main ones.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-22, 10:02 PM
What is the Familiar exchange option that lets you teleport? Is it called "Abrupt Jaunt"? (Also, what book is it in?)

EDIT: Also, is there any feat I can use to increase a Barbarian's DR?

Inevitability
2017-01-23, 01:38 AM
What is the Familiar exchange option that lets you teleport? Is it called "Abrupt Jaunt"? (Also, what book is it in?)

EDIT: Also, is there any feat I can use to increase a Barbarian's DR?

Yes, that's Abrupt Jaunt. It's from the second PHB, I believe.

There are feats that increase DR. Thick-Skinned from Savage Species is probably best for a barbarian, though if you want to spend lots of feats on it combining Toughness with Roll With It will net you more.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-25, 01:39 PM
Thank you so much for the answers so far! I have another few questions: Is there any way to poison something that is immune to poison? What book is Shapesand from? And finally, what is a fairly cheap but powerful Wis poison?

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 02:21 PM
Thank you so much for the answers so far! I have another few questions: Is there any way to poison something that is immune to poison?

Positoxins from Libris Mortis work on undead. The books also suggest that various poison-immune creatures, such as plants and oozes, could be vulnerable to poisons created specifically to overcome their natural immunity.

Also, the Aspect of Sertrous from Elder Evils can suppress all poison immunity, including that gained from type.

ComaVision
2017-01-25, 02:26 PM
Shapesand is from Sandstorm.

There aren't very many poisons that effect Wisdom, and most poisons are pretty expensive, but Striped Toadstool is fairly affordable at 180gp a dose. You'll want to find some ways of boosting the DC though, as it's only 11.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-25, 03:43 PM
If you are in my campaign(Ielenia/Ithilin the dead ranger/cleric or Istalri the grey elf wizard) don't look, I want it to be a surprise!

I want to poison an overdeity...Is there any way to channel the Aspect of Sertrous? Or any similar effect? I could use the option of "specifically designed poison" you mentioned, but I'd prefer a more solidly RAW basis for such an insane endeavor. Thanks for indulging my insanity!:smallredface::smalltongue:

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-27, 08:50 PM
BUMP!!

I'M REALLY SORRY, BUT I NEED TO HAVE THESE CHARACTERS BY MONDAY...

Just so you know, I have 9 levels of resources.

Inevitability
2017-01-28, 05:53 AM
If you are in my campaign(Ielenia/Ithilin the dead ranger/cleric or Istalri the grey elf wizard) don't look, I want it to be a surprise!

I want to poison an overdeity...Is there any way to channel the Aspect of Sertrous? Or any similar effect? I could use the option of "specifically designed poison" you mentioned, but I'd prefer a more solidly RAW basis for such an insane endeavor. Thanks for indulging my insanity!:smallredface::smalltongue:

Dragon Magazine 336 has the Implore spell. Using it, the 23 HD Aspect can be bound.

ShurikVch
2017-01-28, 10:26 AM
Is there any way to poison something that is immune to poison?Poison of Molydeus (demon in Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss) is explicitly ignore any existing immunity, cause Con drain, and at Con 0 turn victim into Mane (abyssal petitioner)

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-29, 01:57 PM
What SLAs does a lesser Azerblood have? I found them on the list of LA 0 races, but they don't actually say what SLAs they have, just that they possess some. They're from the Player's Guide to Faerun (pg 191) and Dragon #350 (pg 50).

The_Iron_Lord
2017-01-29, 11:46 PM
What book is Thug Fighter from?

EDIT: And does the SA fighter do anything other than get SA? Or lose anything other than the 1st level bonus feat?

Inevitability
2017-01-30, 01:37 AM
What book is Thug Fighter from?

EDIT: And does the SA fighter do anything other than get SA? Or lose anything other than the 1st level bonus feat?

Both are from Unearthed Arcana.

The SA fighter loses all fighter bonus feats and gets sneak attack in the same amounts and at the same levels a rogue would've gotten it. So +1d6 at level 1, +2d6 at level 3, and so on. Note that it explicitly stacks with thug fighter, despite both giving up your first-level feat.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-02-26, 08:37 PM
Are there any ways of making a 1-minute casting time spell be faster to cast?

EDIT: Increase Virulence, specifically

Inevitability
2017-02-27, 04:12 AM
Are there any ways of making a 1-minute casting time spell be faster to cast?

EDIT: Increase Virulence, specifically

Uncanny Forethought can arguably do it.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-03-09, 10:13 PM
What PrCs are there that advance arcane casting at first level and grant Sneak Attack at first level?

(Other than Unseen seer, please list 3+:smallbiggrin:)

The_Iron_Lord
2017-03-16, 04:27 PM
BUMP

Sorry!:smallbiggrin:

ATHATH
2017-03-16, 09:50 PM
They get Heat Metal as an SLA 1/day with a CL equal to their character level.

ShurikVch
2017-03-17, 05:16 AM
What PrCs are there that advance arcane casting at first level and grant Sneak Attack at first level?

(Other than Unseen seer, please list 3+:smallbiggrin:)Magelord is the only other one I'm aware of