PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate dracomagus

Twilight Jack
2007-07-19, 04:48 PM
Could a true dragon use her racial spellcasting abilities to fulfill the spontaneous caster requirements for the Ultimate Magus PrC?

What happens if a dragon takes class levels in sorcerer? Do their sorcerer levels stack with their racial spellcasting? I suppose that would answer the Ultimage Magus question in and of itself.

Corolinth
2007-07-19, 04:50 PM
Yes. When a dragon takes a sorcerer level, it adds to their pre-existing arcane spellcasting abilities. And yes, a dragon can use its natural spellcasting ability to fill prestige class requirements.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-19, 04:57 PM
Boop yeah!

The blue dragon wizard I was building to be the archvillain in an upcoming campaign just became that much more dangerous.

lotofsnow
2007-07-19, 05:07 PM
Boop yeah!

The blue dragon wizard I was building to be the archvillain in an upcoming campaign just became that much more dangerous.

I don't envy your players... Well, no, that's not right. Actually, I envy your players, but not their characters.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-19, 05:08 PM
I don't envy your players... Well, no, that's not right. Actually, I envy your players, but not their characters.

If it makes you feel any better, the dragon won't be especially old. I'm tending towards Young Adult, maybe even Juvenile.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-19, 05:28 PM
Be sure to add issues of PlayDrake and Big Tailz, then :smallbiggrin:

Twilight Jack
2007-07-19, 05:31 PM
Be sure to add issues of PlayDrake and Big Tailz, then :smallbiggrin:

Nah. He just likes to stare at the woodcuts of nymphs in the margins of his spellbook.

mostlyharmful
2007-07-19, 06:10 PM
surely it's Lizard monthly (or is it one of those wyrms with the disturbing mamalian fetish?) :smalleek:

Corolinth
2007-07-19, 07:39 PM
A dragon's innate spellcasting stacks with levels of Sorcerer, it does not stack with levels of Wizard. Wizard is a completely separate spellcasting class. If your dragon villain is going to be a wizard, he's going to have a much lower wizard spellcaster level (although his sorcerer spellcasting may still allow him to qualify for the prestige class, and then use that prestige class to advance his wizard spellcasting).

illathid
2007-07-19, 11:40 PM
A dragon's innate spellcasting stacks with levels of Sorcerer, it does not stack with levels of Wizard. Wizard is a completely separate spellcasting class. If your dragon villain is going to be a wizard, he's going to have a much lower wizard spellcaster level (although his sorcerer spellcasting may still allow him to qualify for the prestige class, and then use that prestige class to advance his wizard spellcasting).

Yep... which is why he is going to go into the Ultimate Magus Prestige class which gives dual spell casting progression to both sorcerer side as well as the wizard.