PDA

View Full Version : Pick me a magical item, high level bard.

AFS
2017-01-18, 06:51 PM
I'm in a new game starting tomorrow playing a high level (17) valor bard. The DM is letting us choose any magical item from any book. My build is built as support with healing spells and I intend to use bardic inspiration often. I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions for one magical item. I don't know what the others are playing.

Thanks in advance.

Specter
2017-01-18, 07:20 PM
Any book? Anything? At all?

Well, if he's allowing artifacts, Book of Exalted Deeds for sure. If not, then either a Ollahm Harp or an Ioun Stone of Mastery. But there may be better suggestions, I'm rusty on higher levels.

DragonSorcererX
2017-01-18, 08:36 PM
Get Expertise in Arcana and them a Talisman of the Sphere + Sphere of Annihilation...

bid
2017-01-18, 09:06 PM
Get Expertise in Arcana and them a Talisman of the Sphere + Sphere of Annihilation...
You double, or you double. No gain.

AFS
2017-01-18, 09:14 PM

We only get one item.

Temperjoke
2017-01-18, 09:27 PM
I would go with either the Anstruth Harp or the Ollamh Harp, if I were a bard, depending on my role.

Ansthruth harp - very rare; allows you to cast once per day each: Control weather, cure wounds at 5th level, wall of thorns

Ollham harp - legendary; allows you to cast once per day each: Confusion, control weather, fire storm

Both of them also allow you to cast Fly, invisibility, levitate, protection from evil and good once per day

Drackolus
2017-01-18, 10:14 PM
A tome of Leadership and Influence nets you a 6th bardic inspiration. You can also dump str and stop at 14 dex and use magical secrets shillelagh as one of your 10th bonuses.

AFS
2017-01-18, 10:54 PM
I'm really leaning towards Ansthruth harp.

Surprised no one suggested ring of 3 wishes. Lol

Saeviomage
2017-01-18, 11:22 PM
A ring of air elemental command or a ring of earth elemental command PLUS having killed the appropriate creature to power it up.

A rod of lordly might?

Something wacky like a well of many worlds?

DragonSorcererX
2017-01-19, 08:12 AM
We only get one item.

Aaaah... it would be so fun to see an Sphere of Annihilation Mage...

Gignere
2017-01-19, 08:22 AM
For any class with any kind of melee capabilities I would recommend belt of giant strength with the highest strength value. Break the bounded accuracy 5e is designed upon.

Temperjoke
2017-01-19, 01:56 PM

I've just gotten wary whenever Wish is involved, because everyone I know would totally twist and ruin it.

JellyPooga
2017-01-19, 04:42 PM
Iron Flask.

Nothing quite like Gateing in something badass, trapping it and always having a handy extraplanar creature on hand as a pet.

Biggstick
2017-01-19, 06:17 PM
Question. Why are you going Valor Bard as compared to Lore? If you're trying to build around buffing your allies and debuffing an enemy, Lore Bard would probably fit better.

All that withstanding, and seeing as how you're playing a Valor Bard, I'd say grab a Magic Bow (can't recall rarities on +1, +2, or +3, so whichever one falls under rare). Throw on the Sharpshooter feat and enjoy your 500+ foot range when fighting enemies.

Saeviomage
2017-01-19, 06:47 PM
I'm really leaning towards Ansthruth harp.

If you were going there, pick a luck blade instead.