PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Paper Talisman Spell Caster (Anime Style) for 5E

NoblePrimus
2017-01-18, 10:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried or succeeded at build a Paper Talisman Spell Caster archetype or class like you see in Anime. They are often either Shrine Maidens, Onmyouji, Shinto/Tao Priest or Exorcists. I have tried to search for it but couldn't find any thing. I would assume that if it was an archetype monk would be the closest to it maybe cleric but they often don't wear armor. Would be curious to see what someone came up with.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-19, 02:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried or succeeded at build a Paper Talisman Spell Caster archetype or class like you see in Anime. They are often either Shrine Maidens, Onmyouji, Shinto/Tao Priest or Exorcists. I have tried to search for it but couldn't find any thing. I would assume that if it was an archetype monk would be the closest to it maybe cleric but they often don't wear armor. Would be curious to see what someone came up with.

Middle Finger of Vecna (link in sig) is working on a Shugenja base class that uses talismans right now! It should be released in the next few months. :smallsmile:

Sicarius Victis
2017-01-19, 09:24 PM
Middle Finger of Vecna (link in sig) is working on a Shugenja base class that uses talismans right now! It should be released in the next few months. :smallsmile:

Can't wait to see that. Always been a fan of the stuff you people at MFoV put out.

Submortimer
2017-01-20, 12:30 AM
Oh thank god this was a request. I thought we were going to have to start over on something new.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-20, 02:26 AM
Oh thank god this was a request. I thought we were going to have to start over on something new.

Haha, yeah.

And I'd like to say for the record that I was always opposed to calling our class a Shugenja. Onmyouji is a much better name.

King539
2017-01-20, 08:23 PM
middle finger of vecna (link in sig) is working on a shugenja base class that uses talismans right now! It should be released in the next few months. :smallsmile:

Squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee!!!!

Steel Mirror
2017-01-20, 09:56 PM
Haha, yeah.

And I'd like to say for the record that I was always opposed to calling our class a Shugenja. Onmyouji is a much better name.
I agree with the name preference, but I'm excited for the class! I just had a new player ask me if there was any talisman magic in 5E yesterday, and I had to tell her that no, though you could reflavor any spell with a somatic component as using one. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys cook up!

DracoKnight
2017-01-20, 10:11 PM
Can't wait to see that. Always been a fan of the stuff you people at MFoV put out.

Squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee!!!!

I agree with the name preference, but I'm excited for the class! I just had a new player ask me if there was any talisman magic in 5E yesterday, and I had to tell her that no, though you could reflavor any spell with a somatic component as using one. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys cook up!

Y'all're not going to be disappointed! It's a really fun class! :smallbiggrin:

NoblePrimus
2017-01-21, 09:19 PM
Glad to see someone it working on this. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sicarius Victis
2017-01-21, 10:57 PM
Any chance for a sneak peek at it? At least the subclasses, or something? I have a few thoughts for talisman-casters in general, and I'd like to see whether or not they'd work with what you Digits are planning. :smallbiggrin:

DracoKnight
2017-01-22, 04:55 AM
Any chance for a sneak peek at it? At least the subclasses, or something? I have a few thoughts for talisman-casters in general, and I'd like to see whether or not they'd work with what you Digits are planning. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know for sure what the Finger is planning for its release, but I know that I'm not gonna be the one who leaks it :smallwink:

Sicarius Victis
2017-01-22, 10:46 AM
I don't know for sure what the Finger is planning for its release, but I know that I'm not gonna be the one who leaks it :smallwink:

Well, it was worth a try. :smalltongue:

Ninja_Prawn
2017-02-01, 07:14 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the Shugenja (https://www.patreon.com/posts/shugenja-7953068) is up on Patreon! Hope you like it. :smallsmile:

Deleted
2017-02-03, 07:09 PM
Coming in blind and haven't read anything but...

I really hope that Dex is a casting stat for any Paper Talisman casters. The better your calligraphy (hand writing), the stronger your spells.

Totally adding a couple dex casters to my generic magic-user. The arcane version will use dex to write and the divine version will use dex to dance in order to appease a god...

===

I'm just learning about patreon... I feel out of the loop haha.