PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Gear for 7th level sorcerer?

Trasilor
2017-01-19, 10:41 AM
Title pretty much sums it up...

Playing a 7th level sorcerer and think he is woefully without proper gear. To me, 5e made gear not nearly as integral to the character development, but I am curious as to what other players and DMs consider to be average or fair for a 7th level character.

DragonSorcererX
2017-01-19, 05:09 PM
Going by what the DMG thinks a 5th - 10th Level Character on a High Magic Campaign should have, an Uncommon Magic Item, I would say a Wand of the War Mage +1, but this is for creating a new character already at these levels.

But, if you are playing and receiving this Magic Item as Treasure, a Wand of Fireballs/Lightning Bolts is always nice.

Gignere
2017-01-19, 08:59 PM
I like wand of magic missile, it is surprising how good it is to be able to blast magic missile once or twice per fight.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-20, 04:38 AM
I am curious as to what other players and DMs consider to be average or fair for a 7th level character.

I'd expect a 7th level character to have one or two uncommon magical items in my games.

For a sorcerer, you're probably looking at wands, rings, cloaks and exploration/support items (like Bags of Holding), depending on your tastes and build.

Little boy
2017-01-20, 04:54 AM
I would give you a rare item (not a crazy strong one) and two uncommon. That gives you an heirloom item kind of and some smaller utility items.

Flashy
2017-01-20, 05:02 AM
I've played in a campaign where each individual 7th level character had 1-3 artifacts, some of which granted cap-breaking +2s to ability scores (usually in addition to a couple of downsides). I've played in a campaign where the only magic item in the entire party of 7th level characters was a Wand of False Life. Both worked equally well.

Basically, I have no idea what I'd consider average. 5e can be healthily played all over the road with magic items.