PDA

View Full Version : Vault Disney-- The Happiest Vault on Earth!

Kislath
2017-01-19, 02:27 PM
Okay, so I'm working on a Fallout game set in central Florida.

I suppose I need some help from anyone who wants to contribute.

So far I envision a hot, sticky place with lots of:
buzzing insects
swamp folk
mutant gators, panthers, and pythons.

I suppose a huge theme park complex near the ruins of Orlando is in order, and one which had it's own vault network. Some vaults are Vault-tech, but some are Disney's.
The politics of this need some work. My take on it is that Disney's Vault(s) is/are much better than Vault-Tech's, and at least partially still functional.

Old Walt himself is now a living brain in a jar.

The Brotherhood of Steel hasn't made it down here yet, but the Enclave has a strong presence. It's also a lot friendlier down here, with little animosity toward the locals, who themselves often voluntarily enlist. Cut off from the rest of the Enclave, this Division has been operating independently for decades, largely unaware of the goings-on around the rest of the country.

The Mouseketeers are Disney's Faction. Don't let the name fool you; they're vicious.

There is a rumor going around that "The Mouse" ( Disney's brain in a jar ) has managed to get a communications link established with a spaceship in orbit over Washington DC ( yeah, right! ) and from there can talk to people in California and Las Vegas and the Midwest. Ridiculous, of course, but what if it's true? What could this mean for __________

___________ = the new name for this area. What to call post-apocalyptic Florida?

SO.....

Along with a new name for Florida, or central Florida, We need pretty much everything.
FACTIONS- So far we have
Enclave
Independent swamp folk
Mouse & Mouseketeers

What else sounds good?
-Raiders? Beach bums?
-The Brotherhood of Steel starting to appear?
-The Sons of the South? ( a would-be new confederate group, fiercely against the Enclave and any other crazy notions of rebuilding the old United States ) Florida First!! Maybe they have a flag made from the Rebel Flag and the Florida Flag merged together?
- Alien loving whackos who want to take over the Mouse's Satellite station to talk to ET?
-More Enclave guys who want to get the Florida Division back on track?
-The Tourism & Commerce Board? An association of militant merchants.
- How about some viking-like raiders who have a ship that works? They go up and down the coast causing trouble.

Does any of this sound good so far?

There isn't any reason for there to be any big super mutant presence here, so anyone sees one it would be a major event.
UNLESS... we make one a pro wrestler. LOL YES! Bring back wrestling and cockfighting and moonshining in a big way.
Too bad cars don't work. We could have NASCAR.

Well, let's hear your ideas and make this happen.
By "happen" I don't mean make a video game, although that would totally rock. No, I mean make a pbp game for here on the Playground.

Debihuman
2017-01-23, 03:21 AM
Disney characters as NPCs a la Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson?

Debby

Kislath
2017-01-23, 11:40 PM
Hmmm... I never heard of that book. Looks fun.

Admiral Squish
2017-01-24, 12:26 AM
The first thought that occurs to me is that most of Florida is just a couple feet above sea level. A few nukes in glacial regions could easily have raised sea levels high enough to sink huge swaths of land, or at least high enough to turn it into brackish swamp. Also, any direct hits on Florida itself would create lakes where the bombs landed.

Another thought: mutant gators are great and all, but just 'big, diseased-looking' gators would be kinda bland, in my opinion. There's a subspecies of gator in Cuba, I beleive, that appears to be transitioning to a terrestrial lifestyle, and some scientists claim to see the beginnings of pack-hunting behaviors. That could be an interesting angle to take, think 'amphibious, armored wolves'.

Could the local native american groups have survived the fallout? They could make for an interesting faction.

OOOH, Disney owns a massive fleet of cruise ships, technically one of the largest navies in the world. Perhaps your viking idea could have spawned out of that? A couple ships out on the sea survive the initial fallout, come back to find the world destroyed, but are determined to live on, so they keep sailing... Until they start to need supplies. At first they try to stay peaceful and civilized, but as desperation sets in, things inevitably get violent... The handful of surviving main ships are essentially a loose confederacy of floating city-states, moored out safely in the deeper waters, sending out raiding parties on lifeboats to get the food and materials they need to keep their patchwork hulls floating and their people fed, under the command of their Captains.

Kislath
2017-01-24, 12:44 PM
Great stuff, Squish! Awesome. Thanks!