PDA

View Full Version : Fighter(Gunslinger)/Blood hunter optimization

Shakey
2017-01-20, 12:28 PM
Alright guys I'm new to these forums and just have a question! I have been playing mercers fighter archetype gunslinger as my first character who is a gnome and has pretty bad stats for this XD but with max dex so there is that. Well since I've actully really been... studying this game I've started to optimize her pretty well and she has crossbow mastery, alert, and sharp shooter as her feats. Anyways to my issue, she has recently contracted Lycanthropy and the DM has suggested that I go blood hunter(order of lycan) and I am wondering if anyone could give me a optimal amount to dip into that? The dm is letting me swap a level or two around for it but how deep of a dip should I go? Like 3 blood hunter/17 fighter?(as an example) Along with what feats should I take in the future?(she has pretty terrible health and I was debating on taking tough) Thank you for your time, I've been lurking forever!

Sir cryosin
2017-01-20, 02:28 PM
We need you character level, stats, HP, equipment, feats, because there are rule to MCing.

Shakey
2017-01-20, 02:38 PM
We need you character level, stats, HP, equipment, feats, because there are rule to MCing.

Level 9 Fighter, 11 strength, 20 dex, 10 con, 15 intellect, 14 wisdom, 13 Charisma, 44 hp, a pistol, rapier and enchanted leather armor, sharpshooter, Crossbow expert, Alert.

Yeah pretty bad stats. I had no idea what I was doing when I made her.

CursedRhubarb
2017-01-20, 03:51 PM
Level 9 Fighter, 11 strength, 20 dex, 10 con, 15 intellect, 14 wisdom, 13 Charisma, 44 hp, a pistol, rapier and enchanted leather armor, sharpshooter, Crossbow expert, Alert.

Yeah pretty bad stats. I had no idea what I was doing when I made her.

Still looks like you could have fun but, oh that con and HP. Thankfully Dex saves shouldn't be too bad for you but, ouch. My lvl 5 Warlock has 2 more HP than your fighter.

But an interesting way to do a non caster Glass Cannon I suppose ;)

Shakey
2017-01-20, 04:01 PM
Yeah my dm makes us roll for health and I've had terrible luck. But I outdamage the group by aaaa looott.

GlenSmash!
2017-01-20, 04:14 PM
Bloodhunter is tough on the hitpoints. You could take it and not use crimson rites and curses, but ignoring the classes two main features like that is going to be pretty rough.

Shakey
2017-01-20, 04:27 PM
Bloodhunter is tough on the hitpoints. You could take it and not use crimson rites and curses, but ignoring the classes two main features like that is going to be pretty rough.

Don't think the tough feat would help?

Shakey
2017-01-20, 08:49 PM
I'll probably be dipping 3 and taking tough.

Matticusrex
2017-01-21, 07:57 PM
Why does your dm make you roll health? Not even the DND devs recommend it lol.

Nishant
2017-01-21, 10:03 PM
i made a guide for blood hunters here;

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505473-Preparing-for-the-Hunt-A-Blood-Hunter-Handbook&highlight=blood+hunter

it might help a bit

Alejandro
2017-01-22, 12:21 AM
Why does your dm make you roll health? Not even the DND devs recommend it lol.

This. I have never met any DM that requires it.