PDA

View Full Version : Return to days passed (corresponding to throwback)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-20, 06:12 PM
Our story begins. in the small troubled village of Teverin. an insignifigant tradepost on borderlands of the kingdom of Zefyral It's population borders on the stagnant, at just over one hundred. and the lot of you have been drifting about the small settlement for a good week now. somehow never meeting save for small conversations.

You are currently all in the marketplace, out of eachothers view. as usual you smell rotting vegetables and spoiled meat in the air. The ville was impoverished from lack of trade, and none knew to farm or raise animals for themselves. clearly. a community in peril.

You hear a crash. and the lot of you rush to the scene. A muscular man in baggy pants holding a scimitar to a merchant's throat. produce scattered about on the dirt road below. the man with the sword seems to be cheered on by a group of scrawnier men with rusted shorts words

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-20, 09:23 PM
Gilgrand sniffed at the rotten produce. How these peasants lived off of the miserable food was a mystery to him. He had lost the last few visages of fat in his weeks in this village, and now his lean muscle was starting to waste away. He had been working in one of the local forges, mostly doing mending work, to stretch out the little coin he had. As he prepared to affix the merchant with his warrior's gaze, and the full force of his spirit, noise and motion caught his senses.

The dwarven samurai turned, and stepped towards the commotion, pushing through the crowd that was gathering. He knew the merchant who was being threatened. He had purchased some of the sad produce from him yesterday, and while he had haggled as hard as any of the merchants in the town. Settling his spirit, grimaced at the sword-wielding man from under his horned helmet, the cheek and neck guards fashioned like a black dragon's crest and horns, embodying the dragon spirit of the Stonesoul clan.

"By the judging scales of Korsc the fair, what is happening here?" he thundered. Above his shoulder the gilded handle of his greatsword rose from the scabbard on his back, and shining in the dim sunlight was the scrollwork gilding on his armor.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-20, 10:12 PM
the bandit turned to the little dwarf. a dumb smirk on his face "Are you this cheat's friend? If so you've made a poor choice of company! How one can expect to get even a single copper for this slop is beyond me." He tossed an apple into the air for emphasis. scimitar now a safe distance from the merchant's throat. "So I really can't be blamed for stealing this can I?" the other four laughed all with a very similar look to their commander.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-20, 10:46 PM
(What would be the appropriate check for knowledge of the local laws? I would like to know if threatening the merchant in the way I have witnessed is against the local laws.

Assuming it's an int check of some sort:
[roll0]

so...that's a no.
)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-20, 10:56 PM
(What would be the appropriate check for knowledge of the local laws? I would like to know if threatening the merchant in the way I have witnessed is against the local laws.

Assuming it's an int check of some sort:
[roll0]

so...that's a no.
)

While you do not know if threatening the merchant is against the local laws. the fact that he is bragging about stealing is likely more than enough to have this brigand punished. weather by you or the lawmen of this village.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-20, 11:16 PM
Gilgrand internally cursed not learning the local laws, but fixed the thug with his stony gaze. "Stealing? That's not for me to judge. The guard, however, does have that jurisdiction. You should lower your weapon, so nobody gets the wrong idea." Gilgrand makes no move towards his sword.

( Attempting to intimidate him into lowering his weapon and waiting for the guards. [roll0] (note: intimidation has my prof bonus on it, so not sure if I get anything more because of the samurai kit ability) )

johnswiftwood
2017-01-20, 11:21 PM
Gilgrand internally cursed not learning the local laws, but fixed the thug with his stony gaze. "Stealing? That's not for me to judge. The guard, however, does have that jurisdiction. You should lower your weapon, so nobody gets the wrong idea." Gilgrand makes no move towards his sword.

( Attempting to intimidate him into lowering his weapon and waiting for the guards. [roll0] (note: intimidation has my prof bonus on it, so not sure if I get anything more because of the samurai kit ability) )

The bandit freezes. Not expectingb for someone to actually stand up to him. He steps back "Er, well theres no need for violence really." The others follow behind their paper tiger of a leader.,crisis and combat averted.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-20, 11:56 PM
"And what do you have to say?" Gilgrand nodded to the merchant. "Do you feel the need for the guard? Or has this....man....caused you no harm?" The samurai does not remove his gaze from the thug and his henchmen.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 12:23 AM
"And what do you have to say?" Gilgrand nodded to the merchant. "Do you feel the need for the guard? Or has this....man....caused you no harm?" The samurai does not remove his gaze from the thug and his henchmen.

The merchant looks to e dwarf "all is fine. While id rather not be stolen from. He like everyone is hungry and scared of what is to come." The merchant was old and frail. Wrinkled skin sagging around a very angular face.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 12:38 AM
"Very well." Gilgrand breaks his gaze from the thug, and lowers his booming voice as he speaks more candidly with the merchant. "Why have things gotten so bad? I will agree with him that what food remains available seems barely worth the effort of buying or eating. Times seem hard, but surely this town would not still exist if this was the norm?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 12:57 AM
"Very well." Gilgrand breaks his gaze from the thug, and lowers his booming voice as he speaks more candidly with the merchant. "Why have things gotten so bad? I will agree with him that what food remains available seems barely worth the effort of buying or eating. Times seem hard, but surely this town would not still exist if this was the norm?"

The merchant sighs "it is true many people have left. But those of us who remain have neither the money nor strength to move. Save for the blacksmith. And yet he chooses to stay and gives what he can to the rest of us." The merchant explains, looking down to the dwarf. " beyond that this land is where our fathers and mothers grew. We can not simply give up hope, not yet."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 01:11 AM
"When did the trade stop coming? It must have been lucrative at one point if nobody here farms or raises livestock. What caused this desolation?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 01:19 AM
"When did the trade stop coming? It must have been lucrative at one point if nobody here farms or raises livestock. What caused this desolation?"

The old man shrugs " one day caravans just stopped showing up. Perhaps it's bandits. But if ya ask me i'd go a bit further, we never seen any cards, or any bodies." The old man exlained "i don't wanna panic anybody. But i think it coulda been a group of ogres." He whispered to the dwarf.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 01:23 AM
"If that is the case, I fear your merchants may be the meal of some beast. Which direction do they get lost in?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 01:28 AM
"If that is the case, I fear your merchants may be the meal of some beast. Which direction do they get lost in?"

"I'm not the one who goes around searching. I'd suggest going to the blacksmith, he's the captain of the militia you see. Course, the taverns always a good e to find gossip, though for obvious reasons there haven't been many patrons."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 01:35 AM
"My thanks. Should these trouble you further or need held til the guard is called, just ask for Gilgrand of the Stonesoul clan." With a small bow he left to find the blacksmith. Odd that, in the few days he had worked with the man he had never mentioned being captain of the militia or any problems around.

(As part of my background, I would have been offeeing my services as a smith in town in exchange for some silver or a place to stay. I would assume that i would be working for or with the smith in question.)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 01:55 AM
"My thanks. Should these trouble you further or need held til the guard is called, just ask for Gilgrand of the Stonesoul clan." With a small bow he left to find the blacksmith. Odd that, in the few days he had worked with the man he had never mentioned being captain of the militia or any problems around.

(As part of my background, I would have been offeeing my services as a smith in town in exchange for some silver or a place to stay. I would assume that i would be working for or with the smith in question.)

The middle aged man har been hammering away at hot iron his young daughter watching from a short distance away.happy to see the drwarf she hopped up from her seat to greet him, though she butchered the dwarve's language in the process.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 10:06 AM
"Ein Lakh othok var Mer E Amoruk Nazka, nad ein." Gilgrand bowed to the girl with a rare smile, removing his dragon helm. "Keep up you studies, and nobody who hears you speak will be able to tell you aren't a dwarf by your voice alone." He placed his helm on an arming dummy and expertly doffed his armor, placing it on the same dummy. He looped the leather strap with his scabbard and handaxe around the neck of the dummy, feeling significantly lighter. He donned a smith's apron and removed the leather mask he used to protect his beard from his pack, tightening it around his chin, and putting his pack at the base of the arming dummy.

Seeing the heat fading from the metal the smith was hammering, he went to the bellows and expertly pumped the chains to bring the forge's heat to the right levels for reheating of the piece.

"I heard a rumor you might know more of. One of the merchants mentioned the reason things are so...dim...here in Teverin is that merchant caravans are going missing. He mentioned his own suspicions that it is not bandits or ruffians, but something more sinister, like ogres. No matter the cause, I feel duty-bound as a warrior of the Stonesoul clan to do something about it. What do you know that would aid me in this goal?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 11:08 AM
"Ein Lakh othok var Mer E Amoruk Nazka, nad ein." Gilgrand bowed to the girl with a rare smile, removing his dragon helm. "Keep up you studies, and nobody who hears you speak will be able to tell you aren't a dwarf by your voice alone." He placed his helm on an arming dummy and expertly doffed his armor, placing it on the same dummy. He looped the leather strap with his scabbard and handaxe around the neck of the dummy, feeling significantly lighter. He donned a smith's apron and removed the leather mask he used to protect his beard from his pack, tightening it around his chin, and putting his pack at the base of the arming dummy.

Seeing the heat fading from the metal the smith was hammering, he went to the bellows and expertly pumped the chains to bring the forge's heat to the right levels for reheating of the piece.

"I heard a rumor you might know more of. One of the merchants mentioned the reason things are so...dim...here in Teverin is that merchant caravans are going missing. He mentioned his own suspicions that it is not bandits or ruffians, but something more sinister, like ogres. No matter the cause, I feel duty-bound as a warrior of the Stonesoul clan to do something about it. What do you know that would aid me in this goal?"

The man wiped the sweat from his brow "ogres huh? People still believe they exist?" He grunts in mild displeasure " well given how muddy it can get in the area near town around this time of year it is damned strange that entire wagons go missing.... What can i say but find a group to watch yourback and go check things out yourself. If it was ogree get i'll have to rally the militia and try and chase 'em out."

Almost on que, a scrawny man in heavy splint armor stomped into the forge, he had bumped into the dwarf once or twice. He wore a strange hat that did not at all mesh well with the style of his armor.
It was the cap of an inquisitor.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 12:18 PM
"Could be that some ogres still exist, but I think it is more likely a group of bandits trying to be more frightening than they actually are. A group as well organized to pull that off would be the death for militia. Perhaps we could get a patrol of Zefyral soldiers, though we are far on the border." He glanced at his armor and sword. "Or, I could lead them. I was a Captain of the Dusk Guard once, before they were destroyed by the Odo Clan." Gilgrand stops when the new man walks into the shop, raising an eyebrow at the newcomer, especially his hat.

"Good day....inquisitor."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 12:29 PM
"Could be that some ogres still exist, but I think it is more likely a group of bandits trying to be more frightening than they actually are. A group as well organized to pull that off would be the death for militia. Perhaps we could get a patrol of Zefyral soldiers, though we are far on the border." He glanced at his armor and sword. "Or, I could lead them. I was a Captain of the Dusk Guard once, before they were destroyed by the Odo Clan." Gilgrand stops when the new man walks into the shop, raising an eyebrow at the newcomer, especially his hat.

"Good day....inquisitor."

The man said nothing and turned to the blacksmith "Jean. I have urgent news on the carravan problem." The blacksmith raised a brow.

"Oh? And what would that be inquisitor?" Asked the hurly man stretching and all too ready to don his armor. The inquisitor was not quick to answer.

He paced back and forth looking at the smith's daughter. The blacksmith git the hint and shooed the girl off to her room."Good, now dwarf, would you mind? I need a word alone with this gentleman."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 12:59 PM
"If you are speaking of the caravans disappearing, then perhaps I can be of assistance, as we were just discussing that matter. I am Gilgrand Stonesoul, Captain of the Dusk Guard."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 01:54 PM
"If you are speaking of the caravans disappearing, then perhaps I can be of assistance, as we were just discussing that matter. I am Gilgrand Stonesoul, Captain of the Dusk Guard."

"Tiberius malloy, son of Greggor malloy." He offered his hand. In greeting

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 07:01 PM
Removing the leather beard protector, Gilgrand shook his hand. "A pleasure. I was speaking to Jean about the problem. It seems something that could easily destroy a sma mitia force sent against it. A group of soldiers would be best, but failing that some people with real combat experience. No offense intended to those willing to take up armsin a crisis, but those who make war their business....who have control over their Ro, their warrior spirit...stand a better chance."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 08:00 PM
Removing the leather beard protector, Gilgrand shook his hand. "A pleasure. I was speaking to Jean about the problem. It seems something that could easily destroy a sma mitia force sent against it. A group of soldiers would be best, but failing that some people with real combat experience. No offense intended to those willing to take up armsin a crisis, but those who make war their business....who have control over their Ro, their warrior spirit...stand a better chance."

"I believe it is not a platoon of soldiers that will solve the problem. but an exorcist" Tiberius explained walking forward " Jean, there are no temples in town to my knowledge. is this assumption correct?" The smith nods

"Aye, the last time a temple or shrine was set up was more than ten years ago, around the time we stopped receiving commerce now that i think of it." the smith recalled as he go back to work "Why ask?"

"Some time around a few centuries ago a small skirmish broke out between rival caravans. Hundreds of lives were lost. lives lost in anger and fear. when one dies feeling an exceptional amount of any given emotion it leaves behind an aura. while usually it fades within days, should people die en masse it has a tendancy to stick around longer..." The smith was still confused.

"an what's that got to do with missing caravans?"

You may attempt to answer the question for the inquisitor with an arcana check.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 08:05 PM
(Odds are good i know nothing but; [roll0] )

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 08:33 PM
(Odds are good i know nothing but; [roll0] )

You fail to recall a fairly well known fact about magic. Well, well known for mages.

"Simply put, when an aura of emotion remains unattended to for anywhere from a few days to a few centuries, It becomes a fountain of necrotic energy. While it will run out eventually. in all likelihood this village will be long gone by then. so, our answers are to either exorcize the area which the battle took place. or to realign trade routes along a safer path. which could take gods know how long." Malloy summated in a longwinded monologue.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 08:52 PM
"I won't pretend to know much about the kami that haunt these roads, but I will pledge my blade to the task if it will help this village, by the Stone Dragon himself."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 09:44 PM
"I won't pretend to know much about the kami that haunt these roads, but I will pledge my blade to the task if it will help this village, by the Stone Dragon himself."

"It should over all be an easy process if my hunch is correct. but perhaps it's best to check things out first. then come back and recruit help if we can."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-21, 11:43 PM
"I would feel better with more than two blades. If it is bandits or ogres instead of Kami, it would be best to meet them with force."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-21, 11:48 PM
"I would feel better with more than two blades. If it is bandits or ogres instead of Kami, it would be best to meet them with force."

"You keep saying the word kami. I am unfamiliar, on our way to the area of dissapearence would you mind explaining?" He asked before waving to the blacksmith.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 12:36 PM
(Guess no ones interested)

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 02:34 PM
(Guess not. We can keep going solo if you want or try to get more people)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 02:36 PM
(Guess not. We can keep going solo if you want or try to get more people)

(Hm, well we can add them at whatever level you end up when they join in theyre still going to have to earn their strongholds though.)

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 03:51 PM
"Provided Jean is willing to take my promised work on a different day, as I did pledge him the day's labor, I can accompany you immediately." After receiving the assent from Jean, he doffs the smith's apron and dons his armor, weapons and backpack, settling the dragon helm on his head, and ensuring the Stonesoul Clan Sashimono flows freely, displaying a grey rock on a red field with a black legged serpent curled around it. That serpent was to represent the clan's Guardian Spirit, a black dragon, though each depiction of him seemed different and his name was lost to the centuries. One day, Gilgrand would find the Guardian Spirit, if he proved worthy, and he could set the accurate depiction in ink, so it would be preserved for history when he wrote of his travels, as all long-lived warriors did.

"I will gladly regale you of the stories I know of Kami, in hopes that my knowledge will aid you in your goals."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 04:14 PM
"Provided Jean is willing to take my promised work on a different day, as I did pledge him the day's labor, I can accompany you immediately." After receiving the assent from Jean, he doffs the smith's apron and dons his armor, weapons and backpack, settling the dragon helm on his head, and ensuring the Stonesoul Clan Sashimono flows freely, displaying a grey rock on a red field with a black legged serpent curled around it. That serpent was to represent the clan's Guardian Spirit, a black dragon, though each depiction of him seemed different and his name was lost to the centuries. One day, Gilgrand would find the Guardian Spirit, if he proved worthy, and he could set the accurate depiction in ink, so it would be preserved for history when he wrote of his travels, as all long-lived warriors did.

"I will gladly regale you of the stories I know of Kami, in hopes that my knowledge will aid you in your goals."

"By all means sir Gilgrand, explain away." He answers with a stern look on his face. A quick glance at his grim features shows a rather feminine looking young man. Almost certainly an elf of some kind.

Y.T.
2017-01-22, 04:39 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/79/27/71/792771f5b6a114a4ddeef9d8f3cce533.jpg

Gorgon had been scouring the market a bit today, he had heard a bit of commotion earlier but saw from a distance that a dwarf had intervened, and so Gorgon hadn't paid any attention to it. He had been getting a bit grumpy over the bad food, and had been considering moving on to better places. He figured he'd check the local Smith before he left this sad place. Gorgon was a bit of a engineer and needed some hardware for his projects.

He asked around and soon found himself in front of the smithy. He walked through the door and a small bell connected with string to the door made his presence known.

The smells of the smithy, together with the familiar heat, put a smile on Gorgon's face. He walked into the store and spotted the smithy, together with the dwarf he'd seen earlier, and a young girl. There was also a man with a cap, that he couldn't quite place..

"Greetings!" He said cheerfully to everybody who cared to hear it.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 04:39 PM
(Would I be able to tell whether or not he is a wood elf from his features? )

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 04:43 PM
(Would I be able to tell whether or not he is a wood elf from his features? )

(He is a half elf, thoughheavily fevors his mom ,he is half avariel, but has no wings)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 04:45 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/79/27/71/792771f5b6a114a4ddeef9d8f3cce533.jpg

Gorgon had been scouring the market a bit today, he had heard a bit of commotion earlier but saw from a distance that a dwarf had intervened, and so Gorgon hadn't paid any attention to it. He had been getting a bit grumpy over the bad food, and had been considering moving on to better places. He figured he'd check the local Smith before he left this sad place. Gorgon was a bit of a engineer and needed some hardware for his projects.

He asked around and soon found himself in front of the smithy. He walked through the door and a small bell connected with string to the door made his presence known.

The smells of the smithy, together with the familiar heat, put a smile on Gorgon's face. He walked into the store and spotted the smithy, together with the dwarf he'd seen earlier, and a young girl. There was also a man with a cap, that he couldn't quite place..

"Greetings!" He said cheerfully to everybody who cared to hear it.

Tiberius blinked at the second dwarf, what was there a gold mine near by? Questions for later. He could tell from skin tone and manner that the two dwarves were not likely comrades by any streatch, but he would rather that assumption be unclear.

"Hello." Greeted tiberious in a courtly manner stepping toward the shop's exit getting ready to scout the area.

Y.T.
2017-01-22, 04:59 PM
Gorgon gave the man a nod, and walked over to the smith.

"Any chance you've got some finger-thick nails and a couple of strips of metal lying around? I'd be happy to take them off your hands. If you need to make them, then don't bother though. I plan to be travelling onward as soon as possible." He scratched his chin. "No offence, but this town has seen better days, and it looks to be going downhill."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 05:02 PM
"We should leave Jean to his customer, if we are to see about these spirits you think you'll find, Tiberius." Gilgrand said gruffly, eyeing the newcomer.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 05:14 PM
"agreed." Said the half elf with a nod. moving on as Jean answered to the second dwarf. "Yes i think i have what you need, though i never seen you 'round here"

The smithy was actually well off comparatively. then again everyone values a good sword.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 05:38 PM
As Gilgrand walks with Tiberius, he recounts the nature of Kami.

"Where I am from, we feel that all things, living and non-living, have a spirit inside of them. We refer to these spirits generally as Kami. The rock has a kami, the sword has a kami, the tree and deer have kami, and you and I have kami. The kami of a sentient being is a complex and mutable thing, often wishing to pursue a variety of paths. As a warrior, one must learn to settle this spirit onto a singular path to accomplish a task at hand. When I draw my blade, my kami is that of the warrior, melded with the kami of my sword into one purpose. When I work the forge, my kami is that of the craftsman, imbuing balance and order into the kami of iron and coal to make steel. When I sit down to write my history, I will settle my kami into that of the calligrapher, flowing with the kami of the ink and pen."

And when I am again with my wife and daughter, my spirit will truly be settled and free. Gilgrand thought to himself.

"Kami are only spirits from this world. We also believe in Oni, evil spirits from the nether realms, and Jani, angelic spirits from the divine realms. I have never encountered anything so good or so evil to be Oni or Jani, but Kami are everywhere around us." Gilgrand kicked some dirt into a small cloud with his boot. "Each pebble has its own spirit, and drives its own destiny in a way. Greater spirits can give them a direction, but their form and will move them as surely as the force of my boot. Does that begin to shed light on my beliefs, inquisitor?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 05:46 PM
As Gilgrand walks with Tiberius, he recounts the nature of Kami.

"Where I am from, we feel that all things, living and non-living, have a spirit inside of them. We refer to these spirits generally as Kami. The rock has a kami, the sword has a kami, the tree and deer have kami, and you and I have kami. The kami of a sentient being is a complex and mutable thing, often wishing to pursue a variety of paths. As a warrior, one must learn to settle this spirit onto a singular path to accomplish a task at hand. When I draw my blade, my kami is that of the warrior, melded with the kami of my sword into one purpose. When I work the forge, my kami is that of the craftsman, imbuing balance and order into the kami of iron and coal to make steel. When I sit down to write my history, I will settle my kami into that of the calligrapher, flowing with the kami of the ink and pen."

And when I am again with my wife and daughter, my spirit will truly be settled and free. Gilgrand thought to himself.

"Kami are only spirits from this world. We also believe in Oni, evil spirits from the nether realms, and Jani, angelic spirits from the divine realms. I have never encountered anything so good or so evil to be Oni or Jani, but Kami are everywhere around us." Gilgrand kicked some dirt into a small cloud with his boot. "Each pebble has its own spirit, and drives its own destiny in a way. Greater spirits can give them a direction, but their form and will move them as surely as the force of my boot. Does that begin to shed light on my beliefs, inquisitor?"

"It sounds like some form of tribal mysticism." Tiberius scratches his chin in thought. "Interesting. though i am fairly certain that 'oni' can mean a variety of things yes? such as demons, Devils, and ogres?" He raised a brow hoping to impress as the duo left the smithy

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 05:58 PM
"Aye, anything evil we do not consider part of this world. Personally, I put orcs and some kinds of elves in that category, no offense intended, but I have my reasons."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 06:39 PM
"Aye, anything evil we do not consider part of this world. Personally, I put orcs and some kinds of elves in that category, no offense intended, but I have my reasons."

"ah, so you've gathered that i'm an elf have you?" the two got yo the outskirts. "Are you ready to go scouting? As long as we keep our distance we likely needn't enter any sort of physical contest with our foes."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 06:42 PM
Gorgon gave the man a nod, and walked over to the smith.

"Any chance you've got some finger-thick nails and a couple of strips of metal lying around? I'd be happy to take them off your hands. If you need to make them, then don't bother though. I plan to be travelling onward as soon as possible." He scratched his chin. "No offence, but this town has seen better days, and it looks to be going downhill."

The smith searched about his shop "I had prepared some for an older carpenter for some odd project. but the man unfortunately passed recently. They should be around someplace." said the rather tall businessman. "While you wait why don't you get acquainted with my daughter, she seems to have an odd fascination with dwarves."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 07:11 PM
"Those who do not prepare for battle, are swept away by it. Those who prepare for it, and do not find it, are not. I am ready."

(
in case a sneak stealth roll is needed: [roll0]

)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 07:29 PM
"Those who do not prepare for battle, are swept away by it. Those who prepare for it, and do not find it, are not. I am ready."

(
in case a sneak stealth roll is needed: [roll0]

)

The duo venture out, the area surrounding the village was a serene grassy valley. Shame no one knew to farm at the village.
The plains were dotted by grassy hills some with abandonned buildings scattered about their surface.

"Come, i will take you to where i believe the source of the problem lies." He begins marching to the northwest.

Samshiir
2017-01-22, 07:45 PM
(Sorry or the delay, I didn't realize this game had started. I'm not sure how to get Ceredwyn into the game right now with the current situation. Also, is there an OOC link I missed?)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 08:08 PM
(Sorry or the delay, I didn't realize this game had started. I'm not sure how to get Ceredwyn into the game right now with the current situation. Also, is there an OOC link I missed?)

(It was on page two of the recruitment thread, and maybe the could bump into Gorgon? Or we can keep them all split til the two come back?))

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 08:26 PM
(The old "one guy running away from something that the rest of the party helps him evade/defeat trope works for me)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 08:29 PM
((Ooh, what if he's the last survivor of a caravan that was destroyed?))

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 09:49 PM
(works for me)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 09:58 PM
(works for me)
(Its up to the player)

Samshiir
2017-01-22, 10:23 PM
(The old "one guy running away from something that the rest of the party helps him evade/defeat trope works for me)

(I could get behind this idea.)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 10:31 PM
(I could get behind this idea.)

Okay, so i guess you an hop in any time?

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-22, 11:08 PM
Gilgrand stretched the bowstave he had tied across his backpack and strung it with ease. His stocky, dwarven frame did not make firing a bow easy, and this bow was far shorter than the longbows that elves and men could wield, but he was accurate with it, nonetheless. Knocking an arrow to the fresh bowstring, he followed Tiberius, keeping en eye out for anything unusual.

(

Perception if it is needed [roll0]
)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-22, 11:37 PM
As you look through the field. You spot smoke in the distance. Though it hardly looks controlled

Y.T.
2017-01-23, 01:23 AM
The smith searched about his shop "I had prepared some for an older carpenter for some odd project. but the man unfortunately passed recently. They should be around someplace." said the rather tall businessman. "While you wait why don't you get acquainted with my daughter, she seems to have an odd fascination with dwarves."

Gorgon nodded. "Thanks Chief, sorry to hear about your woodworker."

He fished a fat cigar out of his breast-pocket. With ease he lit the thing and a thick bellowing smoke started forming around Gorgon. He let out a breath of satisfaction and turned to the girl.

"So you like dwarves eh?" He asked. "You've got good taste milady." He added with a grin.

Gorgon was woefully unequipped to deal with children, but he made the effort.
"Do you smoke?" He asked as he moved to offer her a cigar too.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 01:28 AM
Gorgon nodded. "Thanks Chief, sorry to hear about your woodworker."

He fished a fat cigar out of his breast-pocket. With ease he lit the thing and a thick bellowing smoke started forming around Gorgon. He let out a breath of satisfaction and turned to the girl.

"So you like dwarves eh?" He asked. "You've got good taste milady." He added with a grin.

Gorgon was woefully unequipped to deal with children, but he made the effort.
"Do you smoke?" He asked as he moved to offer her a cigar too.

The girl was anything but a child being well within the marrying age of the kingdom in which the village resides. At fifteen.

"Well, not with pipeweed, but given how much coal is burned here i suppose it couldn't do any damage to try." The young woman smiled at the dwarf. As jean glared at the two.

"You will do no such thing pat." Said Jean with an authorative voice, causing the young lady to grunt and glare back.

"Never mind then, sir dwarf." She said in a slightly angry tone.

Y.T.
2017-01-23, 02:55 AM
"Never mind, didn't mean to cause discord." He said and shrugged.

Gorgon always had a hard time gauging humans and their age. You just couldn't count on the length of their beards.

"So you two seem to be doing alright for yourselves." He said casually, without judging.

"Any chance you lot know where I can find a decent stew? The market didn't look too promising."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 03:02 AM
"Never mind, didn't mean to cause discord." He said and shrugged.

Gorgon always had a hard time gauging humans and their age. You just couldn't count on the length of their beards.

"So you two seem to be doing alright for yourselves." He said casually, without judging.

"Any chance you lot know where I can find a decent stew? The market didn't look too promising."

"I'd go to the tavern the fat man up front owns the place, he buys about everything he can from the caravans that do make the trip." Rambled the blackamith with a tone iust as casual.

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 03:08 AM
As you look through the field. You spot smoke in the distance. Though it hardly looks controlled

Ceredwyn travelled alone down the road toward the next village. He still had his desert attire on with a majority of his face concealed, as that was how he always wore it before, and had found it comfortable even in this new climate. He used his staff to assist his walking as he travelled.

This was a fantastic new land, very different from the desert he grew up in. He made mental notes of the nature to be found here. There were new sights, smells, and tastes abound, much more abundant than anything he had ever experienced before.

Suddenly, he noticed the smoke ahead. He knew the dangers of uncontrolled fire, and so he doubled his pace to quickly investigate the situation.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0e/8f/b9/0e8fb991e4af02f6bf29710c8c1ca8c8.jpg

Y.T.
2017-01-23, 07:20 AM
"I'd go to the tavern the fat man up front owns the place, he buys about everything he can from the caravans that do make the trip." Rambled the blackamith with a tone iust as casual.

"I just might do that." He took some coins out and finished the transaction.

After rummaging through his large backpack, and placing the items in it, he walked to the door. He was just of a mind to leave when he spotted an expertly crafted pickaxe. There weren't many who put such effort in a simple item like that, but Gorgon could definitely appreciate such things.
An idea hit him, and he hesitated at the door.

"Say.. You have skills." He said as he turned around to Jean. "I hope you don't mind, but i'd like to borrow some of your time."

He walked over to the counter and put a large stick like item, wrapped in leather on it. He pulled two strings and the leather came loose revealing his ornately crafted thunder-canon.

"My name is Gorgon Bitterleaf, from the western Bitterleaf clan, and this is my boom-stick. I've built it years ago, but I'm always looking to improve on it." He looked over to the smith to see if his interest was peaked.
"Maybe we could look at the trigger mechanism? I'm quite proficient with all sorts of tools, but unfortunately I don't have any on me at the moment."
Gorgon kept quiet about the thieves tools in his pack.

"I have scetches of the springs I need in order to make it work. If I may borrow your time, and tools, I can promise to repay the favour in a similar manner. I'm no stranger to the forge and I noticed you're used to having a dwarf working in your shop, if you'll suffer me beside you I will make it worth your while. Time for time, so to speak." He smiled friendly and waited to see what Jean had to say.

I figured since he's an artificer with the flaw: I’m horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I’m surrounded by rivals. That he'd like a chance to prove himself. I wouldn't mind him waiting and working around the store until you see a good moment or opportunity to include him with the others. Maybe we could role-play them a bit. I was hesitant to go down this road, since Gilgrand already has a similar relation to the smith and I don't want to step on any toes. But then I thought, maybe it's a good reason for Gorgon and Gilgrand to get to know each other.
What do you guys think?

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 08:02 AM
(Not like I have a monopoly on Jean, but I think he will loke me better because I don't try to get his daughter to smoke)

"There's a sign of trouble." Gilgrand nodded to the smoke and began heading towards it. He left an arrow knocked but not drawn.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 12:29 PM
Ceredwyn travelled alone down the road toward the next village. He still had his desert attire on with a majority of his face concealed, as that was how he always wore it before, and had found it comfortable even in this new climate. He used his staff to assist his walking as he travelled.

This was a fantastic new land, very different from the desert he grew up in. He made mental notes of the nature to be found here. There were new sights, smells, and tastes abound, much more abundant than anything he had ever experienced before.

Suddenly, he noticed the smoke ahead. He knew the dangers of uncontrolled fire, and so he doubled his pace to quickly investigate the situation.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0e/8f/b9/0e8fb991e4af02f6bf29710c8c1ca8c8.jpg

you head toward the smoke , keeping a safe distance while still being close enough to see what exactly is going on. There you see five burning corpses hanging from firehardned posts. You also happen to hear loud moaning in the distance

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 12:32 PM
(Not like I have a monopoly on Jean, but I think he will loke me better because I don't try to get his daughter to smoke)

"There's a sign of trouble." Gilgrand nodded to the smoke and began heading towards it. He left an arrow knocked but not drawn.

"A storm passed not longh ago, lightning probably just struck a tree or bush. It'll die off eventually." He said with the usual composure of an elf.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 12:42 PM
"I just might do that." He took some coins out and finished the transaction.

After rummaging through his large backpack, and placing the items in it, he walked to the door. He was just of a mind to leave when he spotted an expertly crafted pickaxe. There weren't many who put such effort in a simple item like that, but Gorgon could definitely appreciate such things.
An idea hit him, and he hesitated at the door.

"Say.. You have skills." He said as he turned around to Jean. "I hope you don't mind, but i'd like to borrow some of your time."

He walked over to the counter and put a large stick like item, wrapped in leather on it. He pulled two strings and the leather came loose revealing his ornately crafted thunder-canon.

"My name is Gorgon Bitterleaf, from the western Bitterleaf clan, and this is my boom-stick. I've built it years ago, but I'm always looking to improve on it." He looked over to the smith to see if his interest was peaked.
"Maybe we could look at the trigger mechanism? I'm quite proficient with all sorts of tools, but unfortunately I don't have any on me at the moment."
Gorgon kept quiet about the thieves tools in his pack.

"I have scetches of the springs I need in order to make it work. If I may borrow your time, and tools, I can promise to repay the favour in a similar manner. I'm no stranger to the forge and I noticed you're used to having a dwarf working in your shop, if you'll suffer me beside you I will make it worth your while. Time for time, so to speak." He smiled friendly and waited to see what Jean had to say.

I figured since he's an artificer with the flaw: I’m horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I’m surrounded by rivals. That he'd like a chance to prove himself. I wouldn't mind him waiting and working around the store until you see a good moment or opportunity to include him with the others. Maybe we could role-play them a bit. I was hesitant to go down this road, since Gilgrand already has a similar relation to the smith and I don't want to step on any toes. But then I thought, maybe it's a good reason for Gorgon and Gilgrand to get to know each other.
What do you guys think?

The smith took a look at the weapon and grumbled. "I can craft the finest of swords, the strongest of hammers and the sharpest dreadful looking of spears, however i am unfamiliar with a weapon such as this. If i had time to inker with it i could probably figure it out. But i haven't the time. That will be five copper for the nails." He handed the dwarf exactly five nails."if you need more give me a few hours." He said, not holding much of a grudge for Gorgon offering his daughter a cigar.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 01:58 PM
(Gilgrand did not offer her a cigar! He has manners! :) )

"I cannot ignore that this is a sign of trouble. If it is a mere lightning strike, we waste a little time. If it is not, we may find what we seek"

Without waiting for assent, he runs towards the smoke.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 02:13 PM
(Gilgrand did not offer her a cigar! He has manners! :) )

"I cannot ignore that this is a sign of trouble. If it is a mere lightning strike, we waste a little time. If it is not, we may find what we seek"

Without waiting for assent, he runs towards the smoke.

Taking the point made, he follows quickly behind the dwarf. The scent of burning flesh growing as the two of them got closer to the source of the smoke.

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 02:36 PM
Ceredwyn moves toward the sound of the person in pain, cautious of any danger that may be around him.

[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 02:39 PM
"Unless a poor fool got caught in the fire, that is the smell of trouble." Gilgrand slows to a more stealthy speed, and watches for trouble.

Y.T.
2017-01-23, 02:52 PM
The smith took a look at the weapon and grumbled. "I can craft the finest of swords, the strongest of hammers and the sharpest dreadful looking of spears, however i am unfamiliar with a weapon such as this. If i had time to inker with it i could probably figure it out. But i haven't the time. That will be five copper for the nails." He handed the dwarf exactly five nails."if you need more give me a few hours." He said, not holding much of a grudge for Gorgon offering his daughter a cigar.

"Fair enough, good health to you both." Gorgon wrapped his weapon in leather again and left the smithy. He walked slowly through the streets looking for the tavern Jean had indicated.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 03:43 PM
Ceredwyn moves toward the sound of the person in pain, cautious of any danger that may be around him.

[roll0]

You begin to notice it is more than a single groan. There were in fact several, four, maybe five. You see what looks to be several charred corpses. Walking around as if they were among the living

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 03:46 PM
"Unless a poor fool got caught in the fire, that is the smell of trouble." Gilgrand slows to a more stealthy speed, and watches for trouble.

Tiberius nods and follows less than a few steps behind the samurai there stood five smoldering posts, and upon them were tied charred corpses of varying sizes. Out the corner of your eye you spot someone moving, their clothes reminiscent of a desert wonderer.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 03:50 PM
"Fair enough, good health to you both." Gorgon wrapped his weapon in leather again and left the smithy. He walked slowly through the streets looking for the tavern Jean had indicated.

You enter the opal ox tavern. For obvious reasons there are few patrons. Behind the counter stood a fat man with a patchy , ugly beard, wearing glasses with a bent frame. As you enter you feel a spoon hit the back of your head, and hear a girl's giggle.

"JANIS! 'Ow many toimes'ave i told you ta not 'arrass the customers!" You hear a young woman go 'eep' and she runs upstairs. "Girls, oughta lock 'em in stocks." Said the overweight owner of the establishment before turning his attention to gorgon. "Wat can i do for ye?"

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 05:33 PM
You begin to notice it is more than a single groan. There were in fact several, four, maybe five. You see what looks to be several charred corpses. Walking around as if they were among the living

"Are...you alright?" Ceredwyn cautiously attempted to communicate from a safe distance.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 06:30 PM
Drawing the arrow back, Gilgrand shouts. "You there! Halt and explain what is going on."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 06:50 PM
"Are...you alright?" Ceredwyn cautiously attempted to communicate from a safe distance.

(who is this aimed at?)

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 09:21 PM
(The person moving in the desert wanderer clothes)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 09:25 PM
(The person moving in the desert wanderer clothes)

(not you, him)

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 09:35 PM
(The moaning people, lol)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 10:00 PM
(The moaning people, lol)

the shambling people fail to hear you. or perhaps, they are ignoring you?

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 10:35 PM
Drawing the arrow back, Gilgrand shouts. "You there! Halt and explain what is going on."

Ceredwyn jumped at the sudden response and was surprised that it was not from one of the strange people wandering about. "I- I don't know! I'm trying to figure that out myself! Who are you?!"

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 10:41 PM
(insight check if I can on Ceredwyn to see if he really sounds like he doesn't know what's going on. [roll0] )

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 10:44 PM
(Knowledge: Religion [roll0])

(Yea he has no idea)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 10:45 PM
(insight check if I can on Ceredwyn to see if he really sounds like he doesn't know what's going on. [roll0] )

(i'm not gonna say what their character sounds like, but i'm gonna say you succeed)

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 11:02 PM
Not relaxing tension on the bowstring, Gilgrand moves swiftly forward. Once he is sure the strange figure can see him clearly, he halts. "Gilgrend of the StoneSoul clan, Captain of the Dusk Guard. And you are?"

Samshiir
2017-01-23, 11:07 PM
Ceredwyn held his arms apart and his hands open, save for his staff in one hand. The gesture was there to show that he meant no harm. "Ceredwyn, warrior scout of the desert elves. Do you know what is going on with these folk here?" He nodded toward the burned, mindless people nearby.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-23, 11:11 PM
Ceredwyn held his arms apart and his hands open, save for his staff in one hand. The gesture was there to show that he meant no harm. "Ceredwyn, warrior scout of the desert elves. Do you know what is going on with these folk here?" He nodded toward the burned, mindless people nearby.

"it is my theory that this place is a necrotic well. best to stay clear, until we can get a priest or paladin on the sight!" Called out Tiberius Odd, anyone with a decent knowledge of history would know inquisitors were almost entirely overly vigilant paladins, though, that is on your knowledge rolls to recall that little fact.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-23, 11:53 PM
"Well, Tiberius, what can we do in the meantime?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 12:58 AM
"Well, Tiberius, what can we do in the meantime?"

Tiberius took a brisk stroll up the hill "hey dwarf, we ought head back to town it's as i feared."

Y.T.
2017-01-24, 09:46 AM
You enter the opal ox tavern. For obvious reasons there are few patrons. Behind the counter stood a fat man with a patchy , ugly beard, wearing glasses with a bent frame. As you enter you feel a spoon hit the back of your head, and hear a girl's giggle.

"JANIS! 'Ow many toimes'ave i told you ta not 'arrass the customers!" You hear a young woman go 'eep' and she runs upstairs. "Girls, oughta lock 'em in stocks." Said the overweight owner of the establishment before turning his attention to gorgon. "Wat can i do for ye?"

Gorgon scratched his head where the spoon had hit him. "Ha! Not to worry my friend. I suppose it's fitting on a day like today." He walked over and pulled up a barstool.
"I'm looking to be heading out sometime soon, and I'd like a good meal before I go." He said hopeful. "Now, and I don't mean no offence, but I did say good meal. And do you have some wine, or ale, to wash it down with?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 12:25 PM
Gorgon scratched his head where the spoon had hit him. "Ha! Not to worry my friend. I suppose it's fitting on a day like today." He walked over and pulled up a barstool.
"I'm looking to be heading out sometime soon, and I'd like a good meal before I go." He said hopeful. "Now, and I don't mean no offence, but I did say good meal. And do you have some wine, or ale, to wash it down with?"

"Hm none taken. Of course i have good food, but it's going to cost quite a bit. " he handed the dwarf a small paper menue of the food items

Bean stew-20 Gold
Bacon and cabbage-15 gold
Meat pie-25 gold
Fig wine-50 gold
Goblinic Ale 5 gold

All of these things were outrageously priced for what they were, but since it was supposedly the only decent, hot food in town visitors would have little other choice

Samshiir
2017-01-24, 03:10 PM
Tiberius took a brisk stroll up the hill "hey dwarf, we ought head back to town it's as i feared."

Ceredwyn follows Tiberius up the hill to get a look at what he saw.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 03:32 PM
Ceredwyn follows Tiberius up the hill to get a look at what he saw.

Before the two elfs were a good thirty undead. This certainly was cause to find a priest. No group as small as their's cpuld kill that many undead. But then there was the question, who is is burning people at the stake? undead don't have any instinct for propagation, so who is leading them into creating more?

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-24, 03:56 PM
"Very well. Let us hurry then." Gilgrand says, following the elves.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 03:58 PM
"Very well. Let us hurry then." Gilgrand says, following the elves.

"Of course, if ceredwyn would be kind enough to join us."

Y.T.
2017-01-24, 04:05 PM
"Hm none taken. Of course i have good food, but it's going to cost quite a bit. " he handed the dwarf a small paper menue of the food items

Bean stew-20 Gold
Bacon and cabbage-15 gold
Meat pie-25 gold
Fig wine-50 gold
Goblinic Ale 5 gold

All of these things were outrageously priced for what they were, but since it was supposedly the only decent, hot food in town visitors would have little other choice

Gorgon looked at the prices and couldn't believe his eyes. He half expected it to be a joke, but the man seemed to be serious.

"I should shove this insulting menu down your throat. But you have a daughter, so I'll instead ask you to explain these outrageous prices." Gorgon said as he slowly put the meny down and shoved it away from him.

He looked at the man and shook his head.

"Are things really this bad in this sad town? Why aren't people leaving?"

Samshiir
2017-01-24, 04:36 PM
"Of course, if ceredwyn would be kind enough to join us."

Ceredwyn wanted to help the poor folk however he could, but he knew he wouldn't be able to on his own. His best bet would be to go with the other elf and the dwarf to help follow up on their plan. He turned to Tiberius and Gilgrand and answered their offer of him to join them, "I am with you, my friends."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 06:59 PM
Gorgon looked at the prices and couldn't believe his eyes. He half expected it to be a joke, but the man seemed to be serious.

"I should shove this insulting menu down your throat. But you have a daughter, so I'll instead ask you to explain these outrageous prices." Gorgon said as he slowly put the meny down and shoved it away from him.

He looked at the man and shook his head.

"Are things really this bad in this sad town? Why aren't people leaving?"

" well im one of the two men in town who can afford a decent kitchen stock, the other one is that fool of a blacksmith who gives half his prophet away to the needy.as per why we don't leave this hell hole? Well hard to leave when most of the population is sick and starving."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 07:01 PM
Ceredwyn wanted to help the poor folk however he could, but he knew he wouldn't be able to on his own. His best bet would be to go with the other elf and the dwarf to help follow up on their plan. "I am with you, my friends."

" then come along." He said before marching in the village's direction. "So i take it you've been to Teverin ceredwyn?"

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-24, 07:34 PM
Gilgrand marches on, keeping a wary eye on both of his companions and the road itself.

Samshiir
2017-01-24, 08:54 PM
" then come along." He said before marching in the village's direction. "So i take it you've been to Teverin ceredwyn?"

"I have not. This is my first time in these lands."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 10:51 PM
"I have not. This is my first time in these lands."

"Then how would you know of the villagers?"

Samshiir
2017-01-24, 10:57 PM
"Then how would you know of the villagers?"

"I didn't say I did."

(Ceredwyn is agreeing to go with Tiberius and Gilgrand back to town, as Tiberius suggested. I don't know what caused the confusion, but hopefully this is straight-forward enough.)

johnswiftwood
2017-01-24, 11:03 PM
"I didn't say I did."

(Ceredwyn is agreeing to go with Tiberius and Gilgrand back to town, as Tiberius suggested. I don't know what caused the confusion, but hopefully this is straight-forward enough.)

"I must have misheard you then"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-25, 12:55 PM
Th three return to the turmoiled town. "I suggest we go to thentavrn, it might be a great while before we find an excorcist." Tiberius spoke as they neared the village.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-25, 05:53 PM
"If there's not the proper type of exorcist in town now, we'd best formulate a plan to eliminate those beasts in a more...martial way. It should be easy to ambush the mindless."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-25, 06:17 PM
"If there's not the proper type of exorcist in town now, we'd best formulate a plan to eliminate those beasts in a more...martial way. It should be easy to ambush the mindless."

"perhaps, but there might be someone directing them. no undead are smart enough to work together, nor are they strong enough to move wagons on their own."

Y.T.
2017-01-26, 08:23 AM
" well im one of the two men in town who can afford a decent kitchen stock, the other one is that fool of a blacksmith who gives half his prophet away to the needy.as per why we don't leave this hell hole? Well hard to leave when most of the population is sick and starving."

"Starving?" Gorgon looked at the man like he didn't believe what he was hearing. "Starving you say?"

He looked down at the menu again and scratched his beard.

"Your own people are starving and you use the opportunity to rake in as much gold as you can? How much food have you got back there?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-26, 01:54 PM
"Starving?" Gorgon looked at the man like he didn't believe what he was hearing. "Starving you say?"

He looked down at the menu again and scratched his beard.

"Your own people are starving and you use the opportunity to rake in as much gold as you can? How much food have you got back there?"

The man laughs, seemingly proud of himself. " lets just say there's a reason i'm big as i am."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-26, 06:22 PM
"Then we find and neutralize whatever is controlling the undead. We shall see if there's anyone of a divine persuasion at the inn."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-26, 08:06 PM
"Then we find and neutralize whatever is controlling the undead. We shall see if there's anyone of a divine persuasion at the inn."

"sounds like a plan" The trio made their way through the narrow roads of the village.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-27, 11:34 AM
Once back in town' Gilgrand marches to the first inn he finds. After entering it, he shouts "I am in need of a priest or some other religious figure."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-27, 12:27 PM
Once back in town' Gilgrand marches to the first inn he finds. After entering it, he shouts "I am in need of a priest or some other religious figure."

It was abandoned. There is only one functioning inn in town.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-27, 03:35 PM
Grunting....Gilgrand heads to the one functioning inn and repeats his request.

johnswiftwood
2017-01-27, 07:31 PM

The owner turns his attention from one dwarf to the other" You ain't gonna find one here, all them witch doctors were chased out ages ago."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-27, 08:58 PM
"While I know that you, innkeeper, seem to be doing very well during this time of troubles, there are many others who are not. The work I seek assistance with will clear the roads of a vile menace and restore trade to this village. While you will not be able to gouge honest folks on food, surely you will agree that this village not dying off is in your best interests?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-27, 09:08 PM
"While I know that you, innkeeper, seem to be doing very well during this time of troubles, there are many others who are not. The work I seek assistance with will clear the roads of a vile menace and restore trade to this village. While you will not be able to gouge honest folks on food, surely you will agree that this village not dying off is in your best interests?"

a young girls face peeks down from upstairs. "Actually it is, how's he gonna make money when there's competition?" Mocked the child the bar keep threwa mug in her general direction, it shattered and the luckily uninjured girl ran back upstairs.

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-27, 11:01 PM
"The girl has pointed out what I am too polite to say. How do you manage to get fresh food when no caravans make it to the city?"

johnswiftwood
2017-01-28, 02:29 PM
"The girl has pointed out what I am too polite to say. How do you manage to get fresh food when no caravans make it to the city?"

"Well its not that they don't come. Its that when they do i grab all i can, it's just business."

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-28, 11:04 PM
Gilgrand grunted again, and turned to the inquisitor. "See anyone you'd peg as a ghoul killer? If not, we should find some oil, and create a trap for our mindless friends."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-29, 12:16 PM
Gilgrand grunted again, and turned to the inquisitor. "See anyone you'd peg as a ghoul killer? If not, we should find some oil, and create a trap for our mindless friends."

"I'm afraid not, and your idea is none too great either dwarf, what would we have then but flaming undead?"

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-29, 04:08 PM
"Burning undead will crumble to dust eventually, and we can easily outrun the shambling monsters."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-30, 01:40 PM
"Burning undead will crumble to dust eventually, and we can easily outrun the shambling monsters."

"I suppose that that is a fir point"

Y.T.
2017-01-31, 02:48 AM
"Master dwarf." Gorgon said to Gilgrad as he stood up. "Ill kill a ghoul with you any day, but first i'd see this man in chains and his food redistributed among the population. It's not the prices of the ale that make me want to do this, although personally they offend me greatly, but it's the fact that families are starving out there and I feel it's our civic duty to restore some semblance of order here."

He looks at Gilgrand to see what he thinks of this proposal.

"What do you say?"

tigerusthegreat
2017-01-31, 07:41 AM
"If you think he does something illegal, I will help you take him to the magistrate. As it is, profiteering on the poor is not typically against the law."

johnswiftwood
2017-01-31, 06:20 PM
"If you think he does something illegal, I will help you take him to the magistrate. As it is, profiteering on the poor is not typically against the law."

"Monopolies are, but then that is not really a violent enough crime to place him in jail over, just a hefty fine." Tiberius joined in on the little conversation. Before stepping aside to speak with the inn keeper's daughter upstairs.

Y.T.
2017-02-01, 05:03 AM
"Well I don't care for it one bit. And I'll be sure to make this fat bastard suffer for his crimes. Somehow."

[Guys, ill be honest. I don't have a good idea where to take it from here. It feels like we have two and a half player and half a DM]

johnswiftwood
2017-02-01, 01:05 PM
"Well I don't care for it one bit. And I'll be sure to make this fat bastard suffer for his crimes. Somehow."

[Guys, ill be honest. I don't have a good idea where to take it from here. It feels like we have two and a half player and half a DM]

(Sorry, been dealing with some stuff, ive only really been replying to keep this alive)

"Good luck with thatg" mummbled the bartended the town had no guards, no connection to the kingdom. It'd be weeks before one could get to the nearest town. He was for the time being, immune to any repercussions for his actions.

tigerusthegreat
2017-02-01, 01:26 PM
(Any legal repercussions :) So Gilgrand is out)

Grumbling, Gilgrand left the inn and went looking for oil and torches.

johnswiftwood
2017-02-02, 01:17 AM
(Any legal repercussions :) So Gilgrand is out)

Grumbling, Gilgrand left the inn and went looking for oil and torches.

(Something tells me this will be a grave violation of alignment)