View Full Version : Player Help 3.5e I need a domain for battlefield control or buffing

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-01-21, 04:00 AM
hello :)

I am playing a Cloistered Cleric with the Noncombatant flaw in a world that I can only get spells from my domain.

I have Renewal Domain and Knowledge Domain but I need one more domain.

it will need to be good for the low levels (wen I will get spell level 5 I will start to get more domains).

NevinPL
2017-01-21, 04:22 AM
Chet Erez index files has one for domains, so have a look.
Off of top of my head, "Strength", and "War" are nicely buff-ish.
"Knowledge devotion" feat would fit nicely with your current domain, and it can provide nice buffs.

Inevitability
2017-01-21, 04:38 AM
The Ooze domain is great for BFC at low levels: it's got both Grease and Web. Beyond those it hasn't got much going for it, though.

Then again, it's the only domain with Web (not even Spider has it) and one of the only two with Grease (the other being Slime)

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-01-21, 05:29 AM
Chet Erez index files has one for domains, so have a look.
Off of top of my head, "Strength", and "War" are nicely buff-ish.
"Knowledge devotion" feat would fit nicely with your current domain, and it can provide nice buffs.
I am the healer\buffer with Noncombatant, I will not attack.

The Ooze domain is great for BFC at low levels: it's got both Grease and Web. Beyond those it hasn't got much going for it, though.

Then again, it's the only domain with Web (not even Spider has it) and one of the only two with Grease (the other being Slime)

as above, I am very bad at attacking even touch attacks.

eggynack
2017-01-21, 05:37 AM
Why's that matter for this?

Eldariel
2017-01-21, 05:51 AM
I am the healer\buffer with Noncombatant, I will not attack.

Neither of those spells requires attacking. That's precisely why BFC spells are so nice. Cold-domain is also nice - it has Sleet Storm, Ice Storm and Wall of Ice. If you only get Domain-spells, Summoner-domain is pretty good getting you most of the Summon Monster-spells, which allows accessing creatures that can access various great BFC abilities while bodyblocking space. See the Reference Desk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255219-The-Summoner-s-Desk-Reference-D-amp-D-3-5) for more details - Dretches from SMIII get Stinking Cloud for example. Spell-domain is obviously always great. Anyspell allows replicating an array of BFC effects as well as many other things, and Silence fulfills a similar role vs. many kinds of spellcasting creatures.

Ultimately, for the best level 1-2 you'll indeed want Ooze. It's hard to one-up Grease + Web. Entangle from the Plant-domain is worth mentioning as well.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-01-21, 06:41 AM
Why's that matter for this?
the other spells in the list, I will get more domains at level 9 where I can cast lv5 spells.

Neither of those spells requires attacking. That's precisely why BFC spells are so nice. Cold-domain is also nice - it has Sleet Storm, Ice Storm and Wall of Ice. If you only get Domain-spells, Summoner-domain is pretty good getting you most of the Summon Monster-spells, which allows accessing creatures that can access various great BFC abilities while bodyblocking space. See the Reference Desk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255219-The-Summoner-s-Desk-Reference-D-amp-D-3-5) for more details - Dretches from SMIII get Stinking Cloud for example. Spell-domain is obviously always great. Anyspell allows replicating an array of BFC effects as well as many other things, and Silence fulfills a similar role vs. many kinds of spellcasting creatures.

Ultimately, for the best level 1-2 you'll indeed want Ooze. It's hard to one-up Grease + Web. Entangle from the Plant-domain is worth mentioning as well.
the summoner domain look good and so is the plant domain.

anyspell have a littel problem with me reading a spell book or useing a scroll.

Inevitability
2017-01-21, 07:24 AM
the other spells in the list, I will get more domains at level 9 where I can cast lv5 spells.

That's just Poison and Rusting Grasp. You could just prepare Clairvoyance/Clairaudience and Reincarnate in those slots, it's not like they're bad spells.