PDA

View Full Version : Player Help War weaver and (Creature touched) spells

Tamorlin
2017-01-21, 04:19 AM
Is War Weaver too much dependant on his familiar to deliver all those (creature touched) spells through his eldritch tapestry? How do you play around that? I don't want to become an one-trick pony or get my familiar killed.

By the way, I'll be playing a focused transmuter 5/war weaver 4, not a full buffer, but a half buffer half typical god BFC machine.

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-21, 05:01 AM
Metamagic Rod of Reach Spell, or Archmage

Khedrac
2017-01-21, 07:22 AM
That is where the 5th level of Warweaver really shines - it ups spell range categories by one notch - so touch spells become close.

Deox
2017-01-21, 08:18 AM
May be useful. The Favored Soul ACF that allows you to add temporary HP to spells you cast. Combo that with the Spellguard of Silverymoon PrC and the majority of your buffs are now eligible for use with the tapestry.

Also, since your familiar can deliver touch spells, you can actually cast spells before combat and the familiar can essentially hold the charge indefinitely (as long as you don't cast other spells). So, in the first combat round, the familiar can move and release the spell, then you can take your full turn, keeping it from getting whacked.

Spectral Hand and Glory Tongue also come to mind.

DarkSoul
2017-01-21, 05:32 PM
Seconding the recommendation of War Weaver 5.