PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Endless planes to choose from (New Lands for Druids)

The Ship's dog
2017-01-21, 04:48 AM
So I was looking at the available Land choices for CoL Druid and saw that there were really only two extremely good lands (Grasslands and Under dark), a few more decent lands and a few sub-par Lands compared to the rest (Arctic, Swamp).

Because of this I want to add some of my own to create some variance.

NOTE: If anyone has any ideas for Lands they may want to see then please say, I'm thinking about an Outer Plane (G.O.O anyone?) with an eldritch horror/divination theme for lots of knowledge.

Elemental Plane
Druid Level Circle Spells
3 Earthbind, Maximillian's Earthen Grasp
5 Call Lightning, Fly
7 Watery Sphere, Control Water
9 Conjure Elemental, Immolation

Feywild
3 Suggestion, Calm Emotions
5 Hypnotic Pattern, Major Image
7 Compulsion, Hallucinatory Terrain
9 Modify Memory, Geas

Feydark
3 Gift of the Dark
5 Vampiric Touch, Fear
7 Dominate Beast, Confusion
9 Dominate Person, Contagion

Outer Plane
3 Detect Thoughts, Misty Step
5 Phantom Steed, Fear
7 Evard's Black Tentacles, Divination
9 Contact Other Plane, Commune

2nd level Transmutation or Evocation (see description)
Components: VSM (A glow worm)

When you cast this spell choose one of two effects:
1. You cast the Darkness spell and choose up to 2 other creatures. You and the creatures you chose can see through, around and into this Darkness but not through any Darkness spells created by other creatures. You and the creatures you chose see your own Darkness spell as a faint dark mist.
Or
2. You gain Darkvision out to 1.5 times your normal sight and can see through magical darkness. If you choose this effect, it counts as a Transmutation Concentration spell that lasts up to 2 hours.

You cannot have both effects of this spell active at the same time.

Elemental Plane
The feel I wanted to give off was of the Druid in question being in tune with all four elements. Earth was obviously going to be the control-based element and Fire being the damage-based element. I had a bit of trouble with the Water and air elements, so I decided that I would mix in a bit of utility and damage/control spells.

Feywild
So with this Land I wanted to heavily emphasise the classic Fey magic of charming people, manipulating their minds and creating incredible illusions. Even though Druids aren't typically the charismatic ones of the group, I wanted to have this concept as an option to those Druids that want to charm people.

Feydark
With this, I wanted to have the same sort of vibe of enchanting people that the Feywild Land had, but make it a much darker feeling. The Feydark society is controlled by Formorians, a race who frequently use slaves and have a society based around completely dominating people, animals and anything they can. Because of this, I chose spells like Dominate Person/Beast, but also things like Vampiric Touch which damage the target and give you more power (HP).

Gift of the Dark
Both Darkvision and Darkness are pretty meh, Darkvision because quite a lot of races have it anyway and Darkness because quite often it causes more problems for you than the ones it clears up. With this, it makes Darkvision a bit better, even for races that have it already, but also has limitations on it e.g. Only you can benefit from it and it is now a concentration spell. It also makes Darkness better for yourself and a few allies. I'm planning on using it or something like it when changing the spells for the base game Lands.

Changed so Elemental Plane Druid could summon elementals from any element. Was just fire elemental beforehand.

PotatoGolem
2017-01-21, 11:34 AM
If the druid is supposed to be tied to all the elemental planes, why can they only Conjure fire elementals? Either they should conjure any elemental, or you should have a separate spell list for each plane

The Ship's dog
2017-01-21, 12:37 PM
If the druid is supposed to be tied to all the elemental planes, why can they only Conjure fire elementals? Either they should conjure any elemental, or you should have a separate spell list for each plane

Right, good point. I was looking at the progression of: earth, air, water, fire and didn't think about that.