PDA

View Full Version : Roll over characters

Frankenberry138
2017-01-21, 04:40 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but haven't seen this particular issue anywhere. Im wondering if it's feasible to continue adventuring my PC's from "lost mines of phandelver" into "out of the abyss" without major alterations to the characters or the module. Obviously some minor tweaks are inevitable because the ending level of LMoP and starting level of OOtA are rather different, but im curious if anyone else has tried to do this with any success.

CaptainSarathai
2017-01-22, 01:00 AM
Yeah, adjust for level and you should be fine. Treat it like you played the character from Level1 through LMoP, and then kept leveling into OotA. OotA doesn't assume that you just start at that level. You can, but you can also adventure up to it if you like.

Frankenberry138
2017-01-22, 02:38 PM
Thanks. I was thinking about just runing it from whatever level the leave off it in LMoP, but didnt know if they would be too OP in the beginning of OotA without major adjustments. I could just whittle down the exp they get until they reach the appropriate section for their level in OotA, then go back to standard exp after that. Think that would work?

CaptainSarathai
2017-01-23, 10:15 PM
Just add a few monsters to everything in OOTA, make traps hit a little harder, etc.
The DCs for checks and things are all bounded, so that doesn't need modified.
Otherwise, it's just going to bore them until they get to where they aught to be. I forget where OotA expects them to start, but they should only be about CL4 coming out of LMoP.

doc225
2017-01-24, 08:38 PM
I'd say just roll right in. They'll get a little while to feel like Big Damn heroes at the beginning of the adventure. I think you can still challenge them with tactics at that point. Just play the enemies a little smarter.

Vogonjeltz
2017-01-24, 08:47 PM
I've always wanted to have characters that progress through all the adventures, it would be interesting to come at the more dangerous enemies from a higher level, potentially being able to just knock some heads where the party might otherwise have to be cautious.

Deleted
2017-01-24, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but haven't seen this particular issue anywhere. Im wondering if it's feasible to continue adventuring my PC's from "lost mines of phandelver" into "out of the abyss" without major alterations to the characters or the module. Obviously some minor tweaks are inevitable because the ending level of LMoP and starting level of OOtA are rather different, but im curious if anyone else has tried to do this with any success.

Roll it on over, you shouldn't have an issue. Well... I mean... What race are you? That might make things bad haha