PDA

View Full Version : Urgent inspiration needed - Dwarf Gestalt ideas!

JW86
2017-01-22, 04:33 AM
Hallo,

I'm joining in a 3.5 game later and need to quickly prepare a character.
I'm coming in at Level 2, my ability roles are 18, 18, 14, 13, 12, 10. It is a gestalt game.

So I am a Dwarf (this is established/locked) and on one half of the Gestalt am either Psion or CStP Erudite. Limited to a total of one prestige class across both sides, and multiclassing is generally to be kept to a minimum.

Couple of ideas so far:

Psion (Telepath) // Warblade - A 'Jedi' character, psionics mainly for social/mental manipulation, and various telekinetic abilities. Share Pain/Vigor/Solicit Psicrystal shenanigans. Maybe see if I can get him a Brilliant Energy weapon.

CStP Erudite // ????? - Creating a 'Force Mage' by getting lots of Force-based Spells learned as powers and manifest without spellcasting components - Battering Ram, Orb of Force, Wall of Force, Forcecage, etc.

CStP Erudite // Dungeoncrasher Fighter - A rather erudite chap, with an occasional angry streak for bludgeoning his opponents into walls. Or to the contrary, a steely fighter who will occasionally manifest almighty powers to the shock of those in the barfight..

I'm hitting a bit of a dry spell with ideas and the session is tonight, if anybody can throw some good ideas out there I'm all ears. Cheers. Chears?

Afgncaap5
2017-01-22, 04:43 PM
Do you know much about the game you'll be playing and how dwarfs are in that setting? You could be...

The Lawkeeper: a combo Psion/Paladin or Psion/Crusader or even Psion/Soulborn who hails from a tradition of dwarfish magistrates who act as judge, jury, and executioner in day to day life, blessed with the psychic ability to see the truth around them and the holy aptitude for dispensing justice in the field. Fiends have a history of attempting to impersonate Lawkeepers, a fact known to dwafish communities, meaning that many great heroes and villains from the history of the dwarves were ostensibly Lawkeepers.

The Goldspeaker: an Erudite/Bard or Erudite/Knight, Goldspeakers started as a tradition of morale officers in dwarfish armies that resorted to using conscripts. The tradition has spread to more civilized armies, however, due to their capabilities on and off the battlefield. Being able to know their enemy and see through any ruse with their mentalism while also being able to inspire their comrades on the field to victory or lift spirits after crushing defeats makes the Goldspeakers invaluable. In times of peace, Goldspeakers often retire to simple lives of boisterous cheer, swapping war tales in taverns and singing the same old songs they sang in the war... though others with a thirst for action wind up joining bands of mercenaries, parties of adventurers, or armies of other dwarfish kingdoms where they happen to have relatives.

The Silversmith Strider: Named for Bron Silversmith, the Silversmith Striders are Psionic Swordsages, or even Psionic Monks, who practice martial arts to perfect their phsyical prowess and intellectual acumen. They travel the world looking for new challenges to test their skill, knowing that even if they don't find danger, they'll at least find adventure, and a broadened horizon is restful for an enlightened mind.

The Drossman: Those who step apart from dwarfish society... the dross of the forge, if you will... tend to be erudite/rogues or erudite/ninjas. They may appear as noble or concerned with tradition as any other dwarf, but they actually remain concerned with the potential for change, whether that be a positive change that can lift the poor and ill to a higher stature, or a negative change that just influences their own coffers and coin purses. Drossmen have a seemingly limitless aptitude for trickery and betrayal; if you can befriend one of the good ones you'll tend to have good fortunes. Step lightly if you make an alliance with the bad ones, though... and if you can actually tell the difference, it may already be too late.