PDA

View Full Version : Playing a Lizard Folk Druid and I want to Multiclass

JobsforFun
2017-01-22, 04:32 PM
I am playing in a 5e campaign currently and I am playing a druid that is in the circle of Shepard Domain, we were level 7 but our DM recently gave us Lvl 8. I wanted to try multi classing, I am un-sure of what I should do because at lvl 8 you get the chance to transform into beasts that can fly and an ability score improvement. I am still somewhat new to DnD and I have never tried multi-classing. I wanted some insight of what I should do with this current build and if I should multi-class or not.

WickerNipple
2017-01-22, 07:12 PM
We'd need to see your stats/feats and know what you wanted to accomplish by multi-classing.

I suspect we'd almost all recommend you get lvl 8 as a druid now.

adonis53
2017-01-22, 09:44 PM
It really depends on the power level of your other party members and what you all are fighting. Generally I'd suggest taking that 8th level and then multiclass afterward, but as long as the campaign isn't super tough then you should be able to multiclass without worry.

JobsforFun
2017-01-23, 11:56 AM
It really depends on the power level of your other party members and what you all are fighting. Generally I'd suggest taking that 8th level and then multiclass afterward, but as long as the campaign isn't super tough then you should be able to multiclass without worry.

Alright, I forgot to add the stats of my current character but I am most likely gonna multi class for my 9th lvl.

Ursus the Grim
2017-01-25, 10:58 AM
I am playing in a 5e campaign currently and I am playing a druid that is in the circle of Shepard Domain, we were level 7 but our DM recently gave us Lvl 8. I wanted to try multi classing, I am un-sure of what I should do because at lvl 8 you get the chance to transform into beasts that can fly and an ability score improvement. I am still somewhat new to DnD and I have never tried multi-classing. I wanted some insight of what I should do with this current build and if I should multi-class or not.

As a Lizardfolk Druid I would suspect your stats are something like 12/13/16/10/16/8. Just a rough approximation of a guess. If you rolled for stats they're going to be higher, and I didn't guess where you put your level 4 ASI.

First, I would stick to grabbing level 8 for the ASI and fly potential.

If you're adamant about multiclassing, I would point you towards Life Cleric. It works very nicely for efficient out-of-combat healing and doesn't limit your slot progression. Barbarian isn't very useful for you - you already have unarmored defense and you don't fight in wild shape. Monk is the same thing.

As a summoner and probably a healer, you don't really need to pump your Wisdom as much as other spellcasters, so I would work on improving your Dexterity. Druid armor is pretty terrible (Hide's the best you can get) but with a decent Dex and a shield, Lizardfolk can get a pretty good Armor Class to keep them safe.