PDA

View Full Version : Serval Indust. [IC]

BelGareth
2017-01-22, 06:47 PM
Mission 1.

You had just been hired on by Serval, not sure of what to expect, you were surprised. It was definitely a military organization, but so much less....stern. Perhaps that was the wrong word, it had efficiency, but it lacked that certain inefficiency of really militaries, where those who were promoted, were not always done so because they could lead, or had the skills to do. Several philosophies spoke to the efficacy of such methods, but that was all well and good, actual militaries in the real world ran and performed as expected.

This was different.

Everyone who walked these halls could annihilate at the very least a small town, all by their lonesome.

The power radiated off everyone, like waves of heat, blurring the outline on the horizon. Not all were the same, some, as is the case in such organizations, where more powerful. It was obvious when you passed such individuals, they held themselves slightly different, a little change to their bearing, attitude, and posture, they seemed...just different.

Maybe it was your awe of being recruited into such an organization, there were few of them, and only the best were recruited. And you managed to score a spot.

Your first mission was today, you were about to meet your team, and be briefed.

~25 minutes later~

A flying paper flops and flaps its way to you, making small fluttering sounds as it moves through the air. Grabbing it, you read the missive, summoning you to briefing room 5 in 5 minutes.

~Upon arriving~

You see several other beings, they must be your teammates.

[Feel feel to introduce yourselves]

~5 minutes later~

A stunningly beautiful man steps into the room, and for a moment, it threatened to overcome you, but then faded, allowing you to see the man for all his immense power. This was surely one of those beings you had seen before, walking the halls of the organization, he radiated a power about him, as if he could rend your soul from your body with only but a kurt gesture, and if he was only in the mood to do so.

His eyes sparkled with power, and almost living fire breathed behind them.

"Hello, my name is Armthesis, I will be your team attache for the first few missions, I'm here only to make sure your Serval's investment is protected, and you all survive, or at the very least, can be called back to continue your job." he says, with a wan smile, as if he was reminiscing.

He gestures to the table in the middle of the room, which thrums to life.

A glowing blue scroll appears with the following list:

Option 1: Retrieve Artifact on Solus Prime
Option 2: Eliminate wandering mage on Selectus
Option 3: Investigate anomalies in the Brass City

Touching one expands expands it, bringing forth additional information:

Travel to the Prime Material world of Solus Prime, and retrieve the Golem Armor from the Tribe of Gnolls who have started worshipping it as a new deity, somehow, it has started moving on its own.

Travel to the Prime Material world of Selectus, and eliminate the mage Kaladineus.

Travel to the City of Brass, and investigate the strange disappearance of a Serval owned gateway. Avoid detection or audience by the Great Sultan at all costs.

alanek2002
2017-01-22, 07:54 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e2/b5/50/e2b5503d83f1b66f5bfac4f3fa69d3c5.jpg

Shakun speaks up first, to the group. "My name is Shakun, the wandering sage. A pleasure to meet you all."

Later, when they are presented with their options by Armthesis, he speaks up first once more. "I'd be fine with the first two options, but prefer the second."

J-H
2017-01-22, 08:33 PM
Teucer

"Hello. I am Teucer Treebow. I hope we work well together."

(later)

"I think the wandering mage option may be best. What can you tell us about his specialties and objectives? What has he done that requires his death?"

Bad Wolf
2017-01-22, 11:12 PM
Kyparissos flicked between the 3 options on the scroll, contemplating the downsides of each. He had tangled with genies before, and the wrath of the Grand Sultan was not something he wanted brought down upon himself.

"I don't know about that. A mage of a level comparable to us would be a rather... unpleasant encounter. And we'd have to investigate the entire Prime Material world to find him. If there's one thing I know, it's that mages aren't easy to find.

I suggest retrieving the Golem Armor. A band of primitive Gnolls would be a cakewalk compared to a mage or an entire city. Besides, it's probably some clever goblin inside the armor that's the 'deity'."

He paused for a moment, scanning his...Peers.

Kyparissos, by the way."

NineOfSpades
2017-01-23, 12:42 PM
Ivy walked the halls of Serval industries, hands interwoven behind her back, her gaze passivly taking in the artwork which adorned the interior of the building. To all she passed, she gave a warm smile, a nod of her head, and a few kind words of greeting and wellwishing. Her attire was perhaps the most out of place. A simple brown tunic, some light fitting trousers that had several stiched holes in them, and a well-worn apron that had probably once been white as lambs-wool, but had faded somewhat with age. Her hair was the color oak-bark, and tied back in a ponytail by a red bandana. At her neck was a simple brass pendent, shaped in the emblem of a fist holding bolts of lightning. She looked like a barmaid, or perhaps a housekeeper. Perhaps the only piece of attire that detracted from such an assumption was the thick leather belt, onto which was strapped her sword, which rested patiently in its sheath. The hilt, gleaming silver with a luminosity that was far to brilliant to simply be due to the reflected ambient lighting, displayed a level of craftsmanship that would not be out of place as part of a royal treasury.

Like most members of Serval, Ivy radiated power. It was a more subdued sort of power than most. If the power of an arch-mage could be compared to dormant volcano, great and terrible and only waiting to be unleashed, than to stand before Ivy was to find oneself on a sandy beach gazing out at a bottomless sea on a cloudless, balmy day. It was warm, soothing even, something that disarmed those who were exposed to it, easing their fears and worries. The air around her hummed faintly, an eternal sigh of relief. For where this humble woman tred, there was unshakable faith, an absolute certainty, that everything was going to be alright.

At the meeting

Ivy rested her hands infront of her, the palm of her right hand gripping the back of her left. "Hail fellows, well met!" she beamed, her voice coming out melodious and clear, as the woman bowed deeply to her peers. "Tis a fine day upon which to make the acquaintance of strangers. My name is Ivy, and tis my honor to find fellowship among a band as distinguished as those now gathered here. Mayest our journey together know nought of strife nor pain, but be a time of wholesomeness and mirth" She gave an additional show of respect to Armthesis, before adding "We will do well then to make sure your task tis not an over-difficult one, and spare us all the specter of calamity"

With proper introductions concluded, Ivy Assumed a slightly more relaxed posture, one hand absentmindedly falling upon the hilt of her blade, the other rested comfortably upon her waist.

Ivy is using her detect evil ability on the group, including Armthesis. This effect is modified by her pendent of redemption. Instead of just detecting evil, it detects whether or not a being can be redeemed of its sins, and informs Ivy of what sorts of tasks they must undergo inorder to be forgiven in the eyes of her God. (IE. A theif might need to make a great donation to charity as an example)

Her sword, Zadkiel, is using detect magic, and will alert Ivy it will alert of her if it deems any magic it detects to be dangerious.
Zadkiels Spellcraft roll
[roll0]

"I find myself in agreement as well, though would second Master Treebow's inquiry. I know little of the arcane arts, nor can I recall the name of Kaladineus. What manner of person are they? What transgressions have they committed to merit this act?"

Virdish
2017-01-26, 05:57 PM
Geran strode through the halls of Serval industries quietly surveying the people around him. He hadn't been sure that he was going to accept the offer to join up when he got it but ultimately the boredom of his life had gotten to him. He could meditate for days but after a while even he craved to be out and doing things. He had contemplated heading back to the Grove but ultimately decided that he had learned what he could from that stage of his life. It had been one of the best parts of his long life but every season had a purpose and to revisit one simply out of nostalgia would be a waste of his time.

It had surprised him how little information was available on the individual members of this organization. Or perhaps it didn't. Surely there was much to be gained by ensuring that very little information about oneself was readily available when others far more powerful might see you as a threat. He doubted that much could be done to strike at people within Servals walls but even the most powerful within these walls likely had enemies just as powerful who would stop at nothing to eliminate them. He thought of one of Greyleaf's lessons then, the old tree had spoken of the fact that often even the most vile people thought themselves righteous.

He entered the room and when introductions were made he nodded and gave his own name.

"My name is Geran Ghostclaw, It is good to meet all of you."

When they were told about the three possibilities for their mission he sat quietly listening to the opinions of the others. He contemplated the options slowly, mulling them over in his mind.

"I think that out of the three options it would depend on the nature of the transgressions this mage is guilty of. I would not like to test our worth against one such as him and find it lacking but stealing a 'God' from a knoll tribe doesn't sound very noble."

BelGareth
2017-02-01, 05:46 PM
Your sword Zadkiel is almost overwhelmed by the aura's of magic, and can barely discern the interweaving power levels that reside in the room.

Armthesis nods, he stifles a small smile as he does so "The mage is known to us as a threat, not all mages in the multiverse are known to everyone, this one has managed to remain underneath our gaze for a while, but has recently overstepped his means and is threatening the local populace of his locale, he must be stopped, more than that, I cannot say, other than he is an accomplished enchanter."

He thinks for a moment, letting the pause hang in the air like a perfect note. "Remember, these are missions that are not solely presented to your team, others may choose, in fact, if they do, they will disappear from the list, but keep in mind, choosing the right one for your teams strength is definitely in your best interest, and they may not seem as they are." he says with a twinkle in his eye.

Bad Wolf
2017-02-05, 07:11 PM
Kyparissos sighed. Idiots. Yes let's all go and take out a mage that we know barely anything about. Still, he knew when he was outnumbered.

"Very well. After the mage we go. I'm not familiar with the location. Any...inhabitants that could prove perplexing for us? Does the mage have any allies?"

Virdish
2017-02-09, 01:56 PM
"It would also be useful to know the layout of the political climate on this particular prime material. If only to allow us to better blend in so that we do not attract more attention then those of power already do."

alanek2002
2017-02-09, 05:21 PM
Shakun inclines his head to their guide slightly. "I have no further questions. I'm ready to leave once the rest of you are satisfied."

BelGareth
2017-03-20, 12:25 PM
Amthesis looks to Geran with a warm smile. Hell, everything about this guy was warm, but even still. "Nothing is known about the local political environment, you will need to find that out for yourself."

As he speaks, several of the other choices disappear. "Ah yes, some of the other missions have been taken, shall we go on this sortie then?"

J-H
2017-03-21, 07:44 AM
Teucer

"Yes, let's get started."

alanek2002
2017-03-21, 05:58 PM
Shakun

"As before, I'm ready to go."

BelGareth
2017-03-23, 01:57 PM
Armthesis nods, "very well then. Everyone who is to go, place a hand on the stones behind you, they have a circle inscribed into them, and will take you to your destination." As he spoke the mission flashed a golden yellow and faded, seemingly so other teams would not take the same mission.

"Once you have completed your task, you will have to make you own way back to the front gates, we do not allow interplanar travel directly into the base, and so you must travel to the gate, we have healers and guards stationed there at all times, just in case." He says with a grin. "I'll be able to watch you directly from these" he hands out some lapel pins, indicating you should place them upon your person. "Good luck"

Once those of you who are going on the mission attach the lapel pin, and touch the stone, you are transported by a similar feeling of teleportation, albeit a little more powerful than usual, it felt more akin to a gate, more seamless, less down time, and jerky stomach wrenching.

Once it stopped, you found yourself in a meadow clearing, on a nice summers day, a gentle breeze sifted over you, and birds chirped nearby, whatever plane or planet this was, it seemed to be rather nice.

J-H
2017-03-23, 08:59 PM
Teucer Treebow

Teucer readies his bow and looks around, his keen eyes on the alert for anything near or far on the ground or in the air that could be a threat.

Spot @ +56

alanek2002
2017-03-23, 11:28 PM
Shakun

Shakun simply shrugs, adjusting his walking stick. "Figures that we couldn't be dropped of in front of our target." he grumbles. Turning to Teucer he asks "We need to find civilization... Do you want to risk making ourselves obvious by flying, or would you rather pick a direction to start walking?" Pausing for a moment, before continuing. "Unless, of course, you know magic that would help."

I mean, Shakun has limited wish as a SLA, but he kinda doesn't want to use it to cast locate city.