PDA

View Full Version : Dragor's Ridin' The 15 Year Old Wave

Dragor
2007-07-20, 04:05 AM
Well, two days until I'm the, erm, ripe age of 15. Sadly I won't be hear posting with y'all on the 22nd, as I'll be in Pompeii for a week.

Anyways, closing this thread to fulfill my ego..... have long and fruitful lives. :smallsmile:

Dragor/Tom Brierley

Toddler in the Playground (well, older then Castaras, but she hasn't taken this yet- ner ner ner ner!)

Castaras
2007-07-20, 08:28 AM
:smalltongue:

Happy AFONAL day for 22nd. And, you might not believe it, but there *are* people younger than me on here. :smallamused:

Dragor
2007-07-20, 08:30 AM
:smalltongue:

Happy AFONAL day for 22nd. And, you might not believe it, but there *are* people younger than me on here. :smallamused:

I don't believe it. :smalltongue: Seriously, I thought you were the youngest. I'm still pretty young by any Playgrounder's standards, anyway. I think the average age must be something around 24...? Just a guess.

Serpentine
2007-07-20, 09:17 AM
There was a poll done of ages some time ago, but the whole "You can only search every 300 seconds" and "age is too small" things are getting to me too much to do a proper search for it.

Siwenna
2007-07-20, 11:01 AM
Happy (early) birthday! Have fun in Pompeii.

And I'm younger than Castaras, but only by a few months.

soozenw
2007-07-20, 12:08 PM
God I feel old (27). Happy Bday and I'm jealous that you are going to Pompeii.

Insert Name Here
2007-07-20, 09:46 PM
Let's see... I'm 14 with a birthday in June 3rd. Does that edge me below everyone else?
Well, I'm obscure on the forums (I only usually lurk), and I have doubts that I'm actually younger than whoever Castaras was referring to. But still...

YOU'RE ALL OLD! :smalltongue:

Raven T.
2007-07-20, 09:48 PM
God I feel old.

QFT. I didn't know you COULD feel this old at 22.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 09:56 PM
Didn't Pompeii get buried under miles of ash, soot, and lava?
Well, whatever floats your boat, as long as it's a river of ash....

PS, Castaras is older than me.
PPS, have a happy birthday.
PPPS, avoid lava.

Dr._Weird
2007-07-21, 04:21 AM
Let's see... I'm 14 with a birthday in June 3rd. Does that edge me below everyone else?
Well, I'm obscure on the forums (I only usually lurk), and I have doubts that I'm actually younger than whoever Castaras was referring to. But still...

YOU'RE ALL OLD! :smalltongue:

Jumping on the 14-year-old bandwagon here, I'm gonna call you all old.

Breaon
2007-07-21, 04:24 AM
God I feel old (27). Happy Bday and I'm jealous that you are going to Pompeii.

Oh to be 27 again... I'm edging up on 37 here *sigh*

Happy early birthday, and have a blast in Pompeii. :smallbiggrin:

bosssmiley
2007-07-21, 05:45 AM
Well, two days until I'm the, erm, ripe age of 15. Sadly I won't be hear posting with y'all on the 22nd, as I'll be in Pompeii for a week.

Anyways, closing this thread to fulfill my ego..... have long and fruitful lives. :smallsmile:

Dragor/Tom Brierley

Toddler in the Playground (well, older then Castaras, but she hasn't taken this yet- ner ner ner ner!)

Happy AFONAL day for tomorrow Dragor. Here's to the beginning of perhaps the most interesting decade of your life.

Bring us back pix of Pompeii (or Vesuvius eruption nevar happend! :smallwink: )

Oh to be 27 again... I'm edging up on 37 here *sigh*

Speaking as a fellow Old Git (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeXUgw7bwY): "Neeeeeeeeeeeeeer!"

squidthingy
2007-07-23, 07:58 AM
Wow, you turned 15 two days after I did, weird, you actually posted this thread on the day I turned 15

Dragor
2007-07-29, 04:06 PM
Wow, back from Pompeii. It was an absolute blast- and no eruptions, luckily. It was a strictly archaelogical tour, so we got to see all the good bits- wall paintings, preserved villas, Greek temples (we weren't restricted to Pompeii only) and such-like. I expected myself to be bored, or at least frustrated, but I wasn't! It was extremely in-depth and I loved it. I heartily recommend it to anyone with an interest in ancient history.

And yes, I climbed Vesuvius. That mother trucker is very intimidating up close. As my Dad put it, "Naples is screwed if that thing blows." :smalltongue: Nice guy, my Dad. :smallwink:

I'll try and get pics up, of course! Watch this space, guys.

Syka
2007-07-29, 04:51 PM
As a Classics student, I am cursing the fact that I was not born somewhere in Europe. Seeing the places I'm studying would be so much cheaper. :smallwink:

Oh, and happy birthday. :)

Cheers,
Syka

Ranis
2007-07-29, 05:26 PM
Happy Womb Liberation Day! May all of your Liberation Days be merry and fruitful and such. :D

Dragor
2007-07-30, 05:34 PM
Interesting fact: Romans thought penises were lucky. A penis with a penis on it would give you extremely good luck and fertility. A penis with a penis with bells on it would be extremely good luck, increase your fertility AND ward off evil spirits.

There was a whole room in the Naples museum dedicated to the phallus. I tried not to laugh.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 05:42 PM
That would have been somewhat embarrassing.

By the way, how were the rivers of chocking ash and lava?

zeratul
2007-07-30, 06:04 PM
I'm 14 in October so I fall into that crowd oldie Mcoldold.

Cyrano
2007-07-30, 06:04 PM
CRAP! I'm like, a month older than you! I feel old! Someone check me for Mummy Rot! Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dragor
2007-07-30, 06:06 PM
That would have been somewhat embarrassing.

By the way, how were the rivers of chocking ash and lava?

They were fine thanks. :smallwink:

It wasn't embarassing, in fact. I became surprisingly less immature towards art of a sexual nature whilst I was in Naples.