PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lets talk about NeoExodus and it's mechanics

EisenKreutzer
2017-01-23, 02:19 AM
I bought the new NeoExodus Campaign Setting (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/194977/NeoExodus-Campaign-Setting-PFRPG) PDF yesterday, and have been absolutely devouring the book.
It is pure, unadultered awesome.
The setting is unique and feels very different and refreshing compared to more standard fantasy worlds, there is some excellent world building going on there.
The whole "magitech meets high fantasy" vibe is refreshing, the cultures and races of the world are very interesting and the crunch is excellent! They really went to town on this one. New Feats, new Spells, even new psionic options for DSP Ultimate Psionics. One of the things I really enjoyed were the unique magic weapons, with some pretty cool backstory and very flavourful yet mechanically solid effects.
I feel this is one of the better 3pp campaign settings out there, and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck.
The setting has apparently been around for a few years in one form or another, but has passed under my radar so far. The new book really presents the setting in a compelling and inspiring way. I can't wait to dive further into this world and set campaigns in it!

Does anyone have any experience with NeoExodus?
I'm not the most mechanics-savvy player in the world, and I have a hard time judging how solid or broken the mechanical aspects of the book are.
Is it properly balanced? Are there any glaring issues, or is the book as solidly thought out and put together as I get the impression it is?