PDA

View Full Version : Player Help wizard (Necromancer) ECL 6 In need of Build Help 3.5

Nosta
2017-01-24, 10:28 AM
So I will Be in a Mid power Game that will only allow PH1 DMG1 MM1 Librus Mortis1 Complete warrior and Stormwrack and Unearthed Arcana with the ALt Class Features being allowed From Any book

I plan to make my Self Venerable in age and most likely human

point buy is 32 and besides high INT i'm not sure what else should be put were

Silva Stormrage
2017-01-24, 11:49 AM
So I will Be in a Mid power Game that will only allow PH1 DMG1 MM1 Librus Mortis1 Complete warrior and Stormwrack and Unearthed Arcana with the ALt Class Features being allowed From Any book

I plan to make my Self Venerable in age and most likely human

point buy is 32 and besides high INT i'm not sure what else should be put were

Are you sure you want to be venerable? Thats going to make you very very frail. If you want to due to flavor/character design I strongly recommend going undead via Necropolitan in Libris Mortis which will remove your con score. Make sure you are animated in an area desecrated for the extra HD!

With those book choices what exactly do you plan to go with your build? Undead minionmancy? Negative Levels?

For minionmancy you really just need animate dead/command undead for about as many undead as you can use. If you think that you might run out of onyx gems due to the DM style or you just don't want to keep track of it I suggest you taking the pale master prestige class. It's not terribly optimized (You lose a caster level) but it does give you animate dead for free without the onyx requirements and a cohort later on.

For negative levels your book restrictions makes that a bit harder due to most of the metamagic optimization is from other books.