PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Complete list of Magically Created Constructs, Elementals etc

Asmotherion
2017-01-24, 11:00 AM
As the Title suggests, I am looking to make a complete list of Constructs, Magically bound elementals (such as the Invisible Stalker) and other sentient/semi-sentient magical creations included in the Monster Manual and Volo's Guide (or any other source if applicable, that is not Unearthed Arcana).

If someone has a similar list, or generally wants to help me build it, please add your input.

-The list so far- (work in progress)

Animated Objects
In this list are creations that are completelly animated by magic. The Golems Belong both in this category, and the "Bound" Category.

-Animated Armor
-Flying Sword (Any weapon applicable)
-Rug of Smothering (Any kind of carpet, or any cloth at DM discretion)
-Scarecrow
-Shield Guardian
-Helmed Horror
-Homunculus
-Clay/Stone/Flesh/Iron Golem

Bound and Shaped
This list includes creatures that bound by the caster. After binding them, the casted also modifies their shape and essance in order to make an other creature. The creatures listed here do not occure naturally, only after magic has altered them.

-Golems (Bound Earth Elemental)
-Invisible Stalker (Bound Air Elemental)
-Magmin (Bound Fire Elemental)
-Water Weird (Bound Water Elemental)
-All Undead (Necromancy-Will expand on list latter/Some cases of necromancy aplied to self)

Asmotherion
2017-01-24, 11:01 AM
-Saved for future use-

Addaran
2017-01-24, 01:29 PM
In Princes of the Apocalypse, there's the four elemental myrmidon. It's enchanted armors and weapon infused with elemental energy. Basically, an humanoid-ish elemental with armor/weapon.

AFB but i'm pretty sure they are created.

arrowed
2017-01-24, 02:17 PM
Would you count the Azer, since they propagate through creating their children out of bronze?

Asmotherion
2017-01-24, 05:39 PM
In Princes of the Apocalypse, there's the four elemental myrmidon. It's enchanted armors and weapon infused with elemental energy. Basically, an humanoid-ish elemental with armor/weapon.

AFB but i'm pretty sure they are created.
Thank you for your input :)

Would you count the Azer, since they propagate through creating their children out of bronze?
Hmm... I am mostly interested on any creature that can be created or bound into shape in a Wizards Lab in this list. Things like Homunculli, Helmed Horrors and Invisible Stalkers if you get what I mean? Thank you for your input though :)

Ashuan21
2017-01-24, 06:03 PM
Curse of Strahd!!
It features a small evil robotic construct, a CR6 Animated Armor, a Guardian Portrait, a Broom of animated attack and a walking animated hut (CR11...)

Addaran
2017-01-24, 06:32 PM
Thank you for your input :)

Wanted to make sure to mention it cause it's in a less obvious book. =)

Elemental myrmidons are elementals conjured and bound by magic into ritually created suits of plate armor. In this form, they possess no recollection of their former existence as free elemental. They exist only to follow the commands of their creators. CR 7

So the transformation from elemental to myrmidon is kinda like corpse to undead, but using something else then necromancy.

From the MM:
Animated objects
Pretty much every type of undead
Golems
Helmed Horrors
Homunculus
Invisible Stalker
Scarecrow
Shield Guardians

You could probably put awakened animals and plants in that list.
And possibly owlbears and the like, depending on the setting. (are they "natural" monstruosity or they were made by insane magic users)

ApplePen
2017-01-24, 06:44 PM
Caryatid column is a favorite of mine. I wish they had creation rules