PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Monster Feats

kuhaica
2017-01-24, 02:16 PM
Basically I'm trying to find all the Monster feats for 3.5, so far I've found only the most basic of monster feats from online searches and going through my many books. Any help on finding an index for Monster feats would be extremely helpful as I'm trying to better design some monsters and I want to know all the options I have available.

Troacctid
2017-01-24, 02:20 PM
Monsters can take any feat, so long as they meet the prerequisites.

kuhaica
2017-01-24, 03:39 PM
Monsters can take any feat, so long as they meet the prerequisites.

Aye, but i could have sworn that there where specific feats for monsters. I may be getting systems confused.

flappeercraft
2017-01-24, 03:45 PM
You can always check Savage Species and the series of MM

KillianHawkeye
2017-01-24, 04:29 PM
Libris Mortis has Monster feats for undead, Draconomicon has Monster feats for dragons, and I believe there's a few in Lords of Madness for aberrations.

DrMotives
2017-01-24, 05:06 PM
I think Serpent Kingdoms has some too.

Matrota
2017-01-24, 05:18 PM
Only ones I know of are found on http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm

Troacctid
2017-01-24, 06:57 PM
Aye, but i could have sworn that there where specific feats for monsters. I may be getting systems confused.
Nope, anyone can take any feat.

NomGarret
2017-01-24, 07:14 PM
While there is no firm line, there are several feats that were initially designed with the idea that only monsters would access them. Ability Focus, pre-warlock. Metabreath feats, before the dragon shaman.

unseenmage
2017-01-24, 07:48 PM
In my sig there's a link to a list of feats that any creature can take and benefir from.

I compiled it for Construct minions but it would be pretty useful for kitting out monsters too.

Thurbane
2017-01-24, 09:54 PM
Some "monster feats", such as those in the SRD, carry the General label.

Others, like many in Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, Draconomicon and other sources, carry the Monster label.

Other feats carry the Racial label, such as many in the Races of Series...

The labels really don't mean that much, generally speaking. The important thing to look at is the requisites.

Stealth Marmot
2017-01-25, 08:24 AM
A lot of feats are labeled "Monster" feats, but that is mainly because humanoids normally lack the pre-requisites to use the feats. There is nothing specifically monster only about them except the pre-requisites like "Trample".