PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Destructive Water Spells

Aeturo
2017-01-24, 07:14 PM
I'm looking for water spells that focus on damaging enemies. Water seems to have a reputation as being the smooth, healing force. I want the way people viewed it in Mesopotamia and that kind of area. A destructive force that is necessary to survival. It provides life and death. I'm open to homebrew and splatbooks. I want the force of raging rivers, waterfalls, floods, and hurricanes.

Doctor Despair
2017-01-24, 07:17 PM
Drown, mass is a good place to start

flappeercraft
2017-01-24, 07:35 PM
There is the spell Tsunami (Druid 9th). Also what you want sounds like would be on Stormwrack.

Mehangel
2017-01-24, 07:43 PM
I would recommend taking a look at Spheres of Power (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/). Specifically, I would recommend the Nature sphere (Water geomancing package).

ExLibrisMortis
2017-01-24, 07:45 PM
Not exactly what you mean, but I've always wanted to play a character with the ability to create instant abyssal horror.

First, prepare a greater spell matrix with deeper darkness, sanctum evard's black tentacles, and major image. Set it to activate when you cast forcecage, in the area of the (closed-walled) cage. Have a contingency that creates a massive amount of water inside any forcecage you cast.

Start the fight by casting forcecage. Watch as your target is trapped in a dark, watery, tentacle-filled unbreakable cage, with a nightmare view in every direction (major image includes sound, smell, and thermal sensations, such as screeching, demonic ichor, and cold, although it deals no damage).

A particularly insensitive reading of the rules suggests that this doesn't even cause you to lose your good alignment.

unseenmage
2017-01-24, 07:52 PM
Create Water on about a bajillion Spellsong Nightingales would be intetesting.

Alent
2017-01-24, 07:55 PM
From some cursory searching... there's some good ice flavor stuff: Ice storm, Storm of Vengeance, etc.

On the water side, you have Animate Water, Waterspout, Jet of Steam, Flashflood. I'm not too familiar with Wu Gens, but apparently there's an entire Water elemental Wu Gen spell list.

For Water of a more insidious nature, Desiccate and Mass Desiccate. (My first thought, actually.)

Stormwrack has an odd spell called Blackwater Taint lets you imbue an area of water with negative energy that deals 1d6/2 levels and hands out negative levels each turn.

There'd be no harm in taking Flame Blades and just crossing out references to Fire and Flame and replacing them with Water.

Aeturo
2017-01-24, 08:00 PM
Wu Jens are an elemental caster but if their water list is like the Water Shugenja, same book, spell list it's very healer type but a lot of this is good stuff. Thanks everyone. Keep them coming

DrMotives
2017-01-24, 08:08 PM
There's a 3.0 spell waterball, which never had a 3.5 update (meaning it's legal as written) which is fireball, except the the damage is nonlethal and the level is druid 4 instead of sor/wiz 3. The other one I think of is "Master of the Rolling River" which is in OA & Complete Divine. It makes a surge of water that does normal damage and acts as a bull rush attempt.

Palanan
2017-01-24, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by DrMotives
The other one I think of is "Master of the Rolling River" which is in OA & Complete Divine. It makes a surge of water that does normal damage and acts as a bull rush attempt.

Hydraulic Push (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hydraulic-push) from Pathfinder works along these same lines. No damage, but knocking people prone can be worthwhile in itself.

Originally Posted by DrMotives
The other one I think of is "Master of the Rolling River" which is in OA & Complete Divine.

This is in OA, but I'm not seeing it in Complete Divine.

DrMotives
2017-01-24, 09:52 PM
This is in OA, but I'm not seeing it in Complete Divine.

Yeah, I see that now. In CD, it's listed as a Shugenja spell. Unlike other OA spells brought into CD, they seem to have forgotten to reprint it. So it's in the spell list, but not the spell descriptions.

Thurbane
2017-01-24, 09:58 PM
Blackwater taint, Blood to Water, Dark Tide, Depthsurge, Geyser, Maelstrom, Mark of Water, Pressure Sphere, Red Tide, Tidal Surge, Tsunami...

Afgncaap5
2017-01-24, 11:14 PM
I'm gonna go on record as loving Jet Of Steam. It's a water spell that deals fire damage. It was the only spell that my pyromancer learned of the water type (though I'm trying to remember how I did that since I was a wizard and it was a wu jen spell and my GM is typically pretty strict about that kind of thing within reason.)

Darth Ultron
2017-01-24, 11:32 PM
Extract Water Elemental is a nice water based attack spell.

ShurikVch
2017-01-25, 04:51 AM
Anarchic Storm/Axiomatic Storm/Holy Storm/Unholy Storm
Bo of Water (Oriental Adventures)
Blackwater Tentacle (Stormwrack)
Mudslide (Stormwrack)
Rushing Waters (Spell Compendium)

Curse of Spilt Water (Dragon #334) Transforms an enemy into water
Shark Bolt (Dragon #334) Summons sharks made of water to attack your enemies.
Waves of Destruction (Dragon #342) Waves crash from above extinguishing fires and dealing non-lethal damage.