PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Build for a "Magical Girl" ? 3.5 RAW

FizzingSoda
2017-01-24, 08:48 PM
This will all be written in pink to emphasize on what I am looking for. ❤

If I were to build a "Magical Girl", yes one just like Sailor Moon or Card Captor Sakura...
what abilities, race, feats, classes, prc's would it be?

Don't worry too much about the transformation part, that'd be granted by a homebrew amulet of prestidigation at will allowed by the DM to just add "spark" to dresses or whatever. However if you can also think of a way of giving this by RAW it'd be nice to know.

But other than that, was thinking of restraining it to Good allignment. Chaotic good came to mind to maybe add Warlock as one of the classes and have the inborn abilities be the source of magic and detect magic at will is also a nice touch, however this wouldn't be the only class to add since that isn't cute enough, so what are your thoughts?

EDIT: Help with feats and stuff would also be appreciated, guys!

Troacctid
2017-01-24, 08:52 PM
Warlock is fine, as is most any spellcaster (preferably a spontaneous one, because magical girls tend to have limited power sets).

Spheres of Power would be perfect for this if it were allowed.

digiman619
2017-01-24, 08:56 PM
While there are some good magical girl homebrews, I'd suggest DSP Aegis as a class; you summon psionic armor that grants interesting abilities and it's really easy to refluff it.

FizzingSoda
2017-01-24, 09:05 PM
While there are some good magical girl homebrews, I'd suggest DSP Aegis as a class; you summon psionic armor that grants interesting abilities and it's really easy to refluff it.

Looking for RAW only though, and sorry, what's a DSP Aegis? Where can I find it? can't seem to find it online other than as a race..

exelsisxax
2017-01-24, 09:14 PM
Pathfinder or 3.5? 3pp?

Because a sort-of workable PF method is aasimar bard (diva)

gorfnab
2017-01-24, 09:17 PM
Looking for RAW only though, and sorry, what's a DSP Aegis? Where can I find it? can't seem to find it online other than as a race..
The Aegis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis) is a Psionic class created by Dream Scarred Press (DSP) for Pathfinder.

FizzingSoda
2017-01-24, 09:21 PM
Pathfinder or 3.5? 3pp?

Because a sort-of workable PF method is aasimar bard (diva)

The Aegis is a Psionic class created by Dream Scarred Press (DSP) for Pathfinder.

I'm looking for 3.5! :smallsmile:

digiman619
2017-01-24, 09:34 PM
I'm looking for 3.5! :smallsmile:

While I could argue that it's easy enough to backport, I should have respected the lack of a Pathfinder tag. My bad.

Fizban
2017-01-25, 02:18 AM
Warlock, though the choice of invocations is extremely limited and you'll have to refluff most of the good ones. Swordsages can do a decent impression too, with Desert Wind and Shadow Hand for fire blasts and teleportation (and shadow blasts with Shadow Garotte and Shadow Noose).

A Ring of Arming (MiC) will switch out your worn and held armor and weapons with a single standard action. Shiftweave clothing can change between multiple outfits. On the other hand, Prestidigitation really has no business pretending it's a transformation sequence: it can recolor things or conjure glitter, but making an outfit "spark" is a stretch.

As always, if you want to play something specific it would be in everyone's best interest to get over their RAW-itis and use some homebrew, I don't know much about Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura abilities but I wouldn't expect RAW to handle it. Vael's Magical Girl Invocations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?417958-Make-A-Contract-With-Me!-Invocations) are obviously based on a number of popular shticks, and the rest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13321110&postcount=166) include other appropriate things.

RedMage125
2017-01-25, 02:22 AM
Warlock is fine, as is most any spellcaster (preferably a spontaneous one, because magical girls tend to have limited power sets).

Spheres of Power would be perfect for this if it were allowed.
LOL.
I've always said they would work best as warlocks. Glad to see some support for that.

Troacctid
2017-01-25, 02:23 AM
I'm not saying they work best as Warlocks. But Warlocks do work fine.

Tohsaka Rin
2017-01-25, 04:37 AM
Psywar/psion, into Pyrokinetic, and pick up a good ectoplasmic skin.

Ask your DM if you can pick a different element, if fire isn't your thing. You get all your basic 'magical girl shoots energy beams and stuff' plus you can cover your weapons in your element of choice, and resist said element, too.