PDA

View Full Version : DM Help The Winds Obey my Command!

DoubleF
2017-01-25, 12:32 AM
Context: My players are out on the sea right now in the middle of a natural storm. The NPC oracle on deck of the ship has just cast control wind (This guy is basically going to save the players if they look like they are going to wipe or if the dice are really unfair to them so hence why he is high enough level to cast control wind.) He is creating an eye of the storm around their ship roughly and then the winds are affecting the outside.

Question: Does Control Wind make it so that the oracle has to continue to channel or concentrate on the spell to have it continue its effect. Or can he move around normally and do other spell stuff. I read the spell description and it was not overly helpful so if anyone can offer some more clarification on this matter that would be great!

Mr.Sandman
2017-01-25, 01:18 AM
Pathfinder yes? If I am looking at the correct spell, then unless he needs to alter something about the changes he has made, example: move the calm center, he can do whatever he wants as the Casting Time is One Standard Action.

DoubleF
2017-01-25, 01:39 AM
Yes pathfinder sorry for not adding in the system