PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Build Help Battle sorcerer ECL 6

Nosta
2017-01-25, 10:27 AM
so I finally settled on A class for the new game i'll Be in I'll be Playing A Battle sorcerer
The point buy is 32 and my stats Are as Follows
STR: 14
Dex:14
CON:14
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 16

I plan To switch out My Familiar for the spell shield Alt Class Feature

I Plan to Be A self buffing Gish

My Main Concern is the lack of feats I have to choose From

My books i'm allowed
is PH1 Libris mortits Complete Adventurer & warrior ghost walk and storm wrack

I'll have six feats to pick out
4 at first level (two from Flaws and 1 from race plus normal Feat)

so can some one help me with feats

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 10:32 AM
Well, there's a lot of ways to play a sorcerer, even when battle sorcerer locks you into gishing. What exactly do you want your character to be capable of?

Nosta
2017-01-25, 10:54 AM
Well, there's a lot of ways to play a sorcerer, even when battle sorcerer locks you into gishing. What exactly do you want your character to be capable of?

Well I want to Be A self buffing gish - sword user (plan on using A long sword)
I want to have Decent Damage and Be Able To use my magic in many ways (that's why I picked up spell shield)
we normally have 1 or two fights per mission unless its a dungeon were exploring

LordOfCain
2017-01-25, 10:58 AM
Well I want to Be A self buffing gish - sword user (plan on using A long sword)
I want to have Decent Damage and Be Able To use my magic in many ways (that's why I picked up spell shield)
we normally have 1 or two fights per mission unless its a dungeon were exploring

Swiftblade sounds like a decent option for a self buffing gish.

Nosta
2017-01-25, 11:08 AM
Swiftblade sounds like a decent option for a self buffing gish.

oh trust me if I could play one I would.
A few games Ago I played a gestalted swiftblade and he was a Beast lol

but sadly its not one of the sources allowed

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 11:53 AM
A paladin dip isn't a bad idea on a sorcerous gish, especially if you want to enter Eldritch Knight later (which is about the only gish PrC allowed).

That said, gishes generally benefit from having lots of sources available. Are the chances of your DM allowing some additional material absolutely zero?

Nosta
2017-01-25, 12:01 PM
A paladin dip isn't a bad idea on a sorcerous gish, especially if you want to enter Eldritch Knight later (which is about the only gish PrC allowed).

That said, gishes generally benefit from having lots of sources available. Are the chances of your DM allowing some additional material absolutely zero?

I assume the paladin dip is to nab some BAB and Divine grace? so a two level dip ?

Grim Reader
2017-01-25, 12:13 PM
You don't really want to lose caster levels though. Paladin 2 is great at level 20, but being what amounts to 3 levels behind a wizard as you play through the levels is tough.

Suggestions: If you've already gone Battle Sorcerer, Stalwart may be an idea. A Sand Shaper dip forgives a lot of reduced spells known.

In all cases, go Kobold, or Changeling with Racial Emulation : Kobold for the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your limited numbers of books. Please disregard.

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 01:16 PM
I assume the paladin dip is to nab some BAB and Divine grace? so a two level dip ?

That seems to be the ideal, yes.

Of course, caster levels are also great, so consider what your party needs? If more melee ability would help them, go paladin into eldritch knight. Otherwise, stay battle sorcerer. That's about the only major build choice you'll have to make with these books.

Nosta
2017-01-25, 01:24 PM
That seems to be the ideal, yes.

Of course, caster levels are also great, so consider what your party needs? If more melee ability would help them, go paladin into eldritch knight. Otherwise, stay battle sorcerer. That's about the only major build choice you'll have to make with these books.

well what about feats?

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 02:23 PM
well what about feats?

What weapon are you using?

Darrin
2017-01-25, 02:53 PM
well what about feats?

Arcane Strike is available at 6th (Complete Warrior). Improved Familiar is in there, too.

Extra Slot is available from Ghostwalk. That helps make up for Battle Sorcerer reducing your slots.

Mobile Spellcasting might be useful (Complete Adventurer). You can use it to cast an additional swift action or immediate action spell every round.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-01-25, 05:28 PM
You can nab Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, and Leap Attack for now, and Shock Trooper at ECL 9 once your BAB is high enough. Extend Spell might be a decent choice to round out your load and make your buffs last a bit longer.

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-25, 05:46 PM
Mobile Spellcasting might be useful (Complete Adventurer). You can use it to cast an additional swift action or immediate action spell every round.

...wha? How so?

lylsyly
2017-01-25, 06:31 PM

...wha? How so?

What Mr. Adventurer said, how do you get that out of that feat? I would really like to know (now, why does that sound familiar?).

Darrin
2017-01-25, 06:41 PM
...wha? How so?

Cast a swift-action spell at the start of your turn. Then make a Concentration check to use Mobile Spellcasting as a standard action. Any spell can be used with Mobile Spellcasting so long as the casting time is not longer than 1 standard action. And since the spell is cast as a standard action instead of a swift action, it doesn't count towards your "only one swift action per turn" limit.

Mr Adventurer
2017-01-26, 04:04 AM
Ah, I see. Neat.