PDA

View Full Version : crystal dragon template?

zanedapain
2017-01-25, 11:06 AM
Is there a template for a crystal dragon as a playable race? I don't care about level adjustment just need to know if one exist.

Xervous
2017-01-25, 11:18 AM
Monster Manual 2 has the crystal dragon but no obvious template available. Level adjustment is sadly not listed but the playgrounders can easily get a fair ballpark value if you want one.

The stat template can be extracted from the creature's default stats. Subtract 10 from all ability scores and round them down to nearest even number: these are the modifiers. Dragon HD are d12s, all good saves, class skills for racial HD as noted.

ShurikVch
2017-01-25, 01:10 PM
Monster Manual 2 has the crystal dragon but no obvious template available. Level adjustment is sadly not listedAccording to MM2 3.5 update booklet, LA for Crystal Dragon is +5 from Wyrmling to Young and +6 to Juvenile

Inevitability
2017-01-25, 01:15 PM
According to MM2 3.5 update booklet, LA for Crystal Dragon is +5 from Wyrmling to Young and +6 to Juvenile

I have never even read the crystal dragon statblock, but I'd be incredibly surprised if they were worth more than +1.