PDA

View Full Version : kingdom of loathing

wojonatior
2007-07-20, 12:20 PM
kingdom of loathing is a free text based rpg with humor this is a game you should look at:smallbiggrin:

KBF
2007-07-21, 05:51 PM
Nobody wants to reply to you, with a post like that. PLEASE use capitalization & grammar.

Please.

Gaelbert
2007-08-29, 01:37 PM
I play it. I have a level 8 Oreganoccultist, and I'm in the Hyrule clan.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-29, 02:57 PM
kingdom of loathing is a free text based rpg with humor this is a game you should look at:smallbiggrin:

Toot just lost a feather...

Fishies
2007-08-29, 03:00 PM
Toot just lost a feather...

Aww, that poor Oriole.

XBobbis
2007-08-29, 03:28 PM
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/The_Altar_of_Literacy

Raiser Blade
2007-09-11, 05:52 PM
I play i have:
A level 5-6 Sauceror
A level 5 Accordion Thief
A level 5 Turtle Tamer

I started 2 days ago.

Dairun Cates
2007-09-11, 07:25 PM
I cry every time I forget to login for three months, but I laugh every time I start over.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-18, 06:51 PM
Level 7 woot! >_>

Icewalker
2007-09-18, 10:32 PM
I've started playing KoL twice. First time I ascended once.

I think the ascendance system is very cool. The game itself is a little weak. There are points of tedious grinding which I find particularly boring in a text/choice game. You've already read all the enemy attack jokes for the guys you are grinding on, etc. I notice this gets bad around the fantasy airship.

I'm stickin with WoW.

waffletaco
2007-09-19, 06:31 PM
Well all online rpgs have grinding issues. Grind the same raid til you get your set of armor so you are strong enough to grind at the next raid to get a set of armor? then rinse and repeat until you are as strong as you can be and then pvp? Wrath of the Lich King is coming and then in Northrend you're screwed again. It's all just too fun though. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some baseball bats to fight.

Tengu
2007-09-19, 06:57 PM
You haven't played a lot of WoW if you call raiding or leveling grinding.

Anyway, while you have to grind for levels or items at times in KoL, the best thing about it is that it's fairly fast - the only things that limit you is how fast can you click (and the speed of your connection) and the number of adventures you have left. However, after you've heard all the jokes, this game indeed starts to become a bit dull - but hey, you're not supposed to spend ages playing it, only about 15-30 minutes daily. It's ever better as an oxygenarian (or oxycore), when you cannot eat and drink - less turns daily.

WarriorTribble
2007-10-18, 06:57 AM
It's not a bad game imo. Unfortunaly I'm at the point where I'm playing for the community instead of the gameplay. On the plus side new content does come out regularly, and Kolmafia removes most of the tedium (allows you to save conversations as well).