PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Stating out some Hindu deities

Schattenbach
2017-01-26, 05:07 PM
Inspired by the Korean Kubera Webtoon and because I'm currently constructing one setting that combines several cosmologies, and one of them is the Hindu mythology, and as result, I'm currently looking for help as I'm not really progressing well in that regard.

The deities in question are, for now, Indra, Yama, Surya, Chandra, Vayu, Agni, Varuna & Kubera.

They should obviously be noteably stronger than the norse, greek, ecetera deities printed in Deities and Demongods, but not terribly stronger than that (i.e. enough to crush the weaker ones that aren#t worth their potential CR at all and all-around good enough to be quite overwhelming towards mortals, be they epic monsters or epic PCs, but not setting-breaking powerful)

All of them are supposed to be 70 HD deities with Divine Rank 19 ... ((Edit: They also use 32-Point-buy stats as well as PC WBL))

Humanoid base (Human seems suiteable here) with deity-class state array (though - as it's relevant due to skill points - I'm not sure if that applies starting from level 1) as well as inherent +5 boost to all stats (once their WBL allows for full +5 inherent for one stat at once).

Class selection (for now ... someone has some suggestion to improve of that that fits the deities, that would be good) of the following deities: Surya, Chandra, Vayu, Agni, Varuna & Kubera: Indra could get the same class configuration as well, though.
No Outsider RHD
Druid 5(+5)/Sorcerer 1(+1)/Arcane Hierophant 10(+10)/Planar Shepherd 5(+5)/Epic Arcane Hierophant 5(+5)/Planar Shepherd 10(+5)/Epic Arcane Hierophant 10(+5)/Druid
20(+15)/Epic Arcane Hierophant 29(+19)
Overall: Sorcerer 1 & Druid 20 & Arcane Hierophant 10 & Planar Shepherd 10 & Epic Arcane Hierophant 29; casts spells as 40th level sorcerer (without taking practiced Spellcaster into
account) & 69th level druid (without taking practiced Spellcaster into account) ... upon hitting level 31, the character should already be outsider and at level 40 at the very latest, he should've access to epic spellcasting on both its Arcane and Divine sides)

Indra DR 19 ... Plane(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)??

Surya DR 19 ... Plane(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)??
Chandra DR 19 ... Plane of Shadow(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)?

Vayu DR 19 ... Elemental Plane of Air(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)
Agni DR 19 ... Elemental Plane of Fire(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)
Varuna DR 19 ... Elemental Plane of Water(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)
Kubera DR 19 ... Elemental Plane of Earth(as far as Planar Shepherd is concerned)

I'm also considering to use this kind of configuration, but I'm unsure about if that would really make sense here.

Suggestions in regard to sample Feat selection (with some minor adjustments like changing Arcane Disciple to the suiteable domain) & Divine Salient abilities (with some minor
adjustments like changing Divine Air Mastery to the one suiteable to the domain); all of these deities should possess the domains they respectively need, be able to revive (significant
Fast Healing wouldn't be bad, either), be able to craft greater artifacts, the obvious Alter Reality Divine Salient Ability, the Divine Druid Salient Ability (for those with Druid 20) ... things like that. Anyone of them who isn't a god of death
shouldn#t get his hands on no-save instant death Divine Salient abilities or anything that isn't compatible with the deities
potential portfolio (like the Salient ability that allows to create new spells, which should remain in the hands of at least sligtly more magic-themed deities).

Most of them could also get one of the obtainable Elemental Subtypes provided in Savage Species, I guess.

Suggestions about what each of their (Greater Artifact) Astra could be like, would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.