PDA

View Full Version : Sigil, The Hive and The Slags

Invader
2017-01-26, 09:05 PM
I've never played a Planescape campaign and I don't have any of the books but can someone point me to a description of these two areas or describe them for me please?

I know the Hive is like the slums of the city and I found brief descriptions of a couple areas within but I can't find anything on the Slags.

GilesTheCleric
2017-01-26, 09:56 PM
Planescape Campaign Setting (2e) has got you covered.

"The Hive: On the ring of Sigil, this ward runs from the edges of the Shattered Temple to beyond the walls of the Hive, the Xaositect headquarters that give the ward its name. Embraced within the ward, among other sites, are the Mortuary and the Gatehouse. The Hive Ward is physically synonymous with the chaotic sprawl and the tangled slum that surrounds it. Indeed, it's almost impossible to be sure where the faction headquarters end and the true slum begins."

"The Plane of Fire: The efreet are lords of this domain, ruling from the City of Brass, which floats in a sea of fire. Here one finds realms called the Charcoal Palace, the Obsidian Fields, the Furnace, and Slag. Like the dao, the efreet keep many slaves. Revolt and escape are impossible, since only the magic of the efreet protects slaves from the fiery element (who'd want to flee into the Fire?). Eighty miles from the City of Brass is Jabal Turab, the Mount of Dust. From its top rises a plume of smoke, a vortex to the plane of Air. Elsewhere throughout the plane are other efreet outposts, smaller palaces that float on the fiery seas."

Invader
2017-01-26, 10:02 PM
Planescape Campaign Setting (2e) has got you covered.

"The Hive: On the ring of Sigil, this ward runs from the edges of the Shattered Temple to beyond the walls of the Hive, the Xaositect headquarters that give the ward its name. Embraced within the ward, among other sites, are the Mortuary and the Gatehouse. The Hive Ward is physically synonymous with the chaotic sprawl and the tangled slum that surrounds it. Indeed, it's almost impossible to be sure where the faction headquarters end and the true slum begins."

"The Plane of Fire: The efreet are lords of this domain, ruling from the City of Brass, which floats in a sea of fire. Here one finds realms called the Charcoal Palace, the Obsidian Fields, the Furnace, and Slag. Like the dao, the efreet keep many slaves. Revolt and escape are impossible, since only the magic of the efreet protects slaves from the fiery element (who'd want to flee into the Fire?). Eighty miles from the City of Brass is Jabal Turab, the Mount of Dust. From its top rises a plume of smoke, a vortex to the plane of Air. Elsewhere throughout the plane are other efreet outposts, smaller palaces that float on the fiery seas."

That's a good start, can I find a more in depth description anywhere? The Hive is easy enough, I can use generic slums and adapt them but I still need more to go on for the slags.

GilesTheCleric
2017-01-26, 10:16 PM
That's a good start, can I find a more in depth description anywhere? The Hive is easy enough, I can use generic slums and adapt them but I still need more to go on for the slags.

I can't just copy the entire chapter of the book, sorry. There might be a wiki with more info, though.

NecroDancer
2017-01-26, 10:17 PM
The slags are a battleground where the blood war (battle between demons and Devils) has spilled into Sigil.

Invader
2017-01-27, 09:34 PM
I can't just copy the entire chapter of the book, sorry. There might be a wiki with more info, though.

No I appreciate it I just wasn't sure if there was something more specific in that certain book or just that blurb, thank you.

Invader
2017-01-27, 09:38 PM
The slags are a battleground where the blood war (battle between demons and Devils) has spilled into Sigil.

Thank you!