PDA

View Full Version : Kalos but no Cigar! IC IV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 02:13 AM
Meilleure Fille is on a quest to defeat the villainous Team Heartless once and for all. She believes she can do this by defeating each admin and removing their emblems. These emblems seem to be mind control devices for Malamar.

After defeating Vexen, the Shadow of Number IV, she comes face to face with the man she sacrificed her boyfriend to rescue: Gabriel Scorn.

The man pulls himself out of the experimental tube.

"I am...a Shadow. The true self. I won't break...my promise to you. Irina!"

He charges at Mei.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 02:19 AM
Mei gasps and starts retreating from him. "Gabriel, stop! I'm not Irina, I'm Mei, remember?!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 09:21 AM
"What's the difference?" he asks coldly.

Team Heartless Shadow Roxas wants to battle! Team Heartless Shadow Roxas sent out Jolteon!

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 01:35 PM
Mei gulps and sends out Paprika. Really wishing I'd trained up Bandit right now...

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 02:25 PM
Gabriel grabs onto his head as the mark on his chest glows black. He screams in pain and opens his hands. His Organization cloak and two blades appear out of nowhere.

Team Heartless Shadow Roxas has gone berserk!
Roxas's Intelligence fell to 1!
Roxas's Wisdom fell to 1!
Roxas's Charisma fell to 1!
Roxas's Strength rose!

Roxas uses Broken Oath!

Gabriel leaps forward with his white Keyblade and slashes at Paprika.

[roll0]
[roll1] Fighting Physical

Jolteon has no commands! Jolteon used Struggle!

[roll2], and [roll3] to itself

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 02:50 PM
Paprika flinches from the brutal hit, but she stays standing. I... I have to fight back. He's going to kill me and my Pokemon if I don't. "Paprika, use Recover!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 02:55 PM
Roxas uses Slash of Oblivion!

Gabriel swings his black keyblade forward.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Dark Physical

Jolteon uses Struggle!

[roll2]
[roll3]
Plus [roll4] to itseld

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 03:01 PM
Paprika's Stamina continues boosting her Defense, allowing her to shrug off both Gabriel's and Jolteon's attacks. "Paprika, use Iron Head on Gabriel!"

Accuracy: [roll0], Flinch on 15+
Damage: [roll1]

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 03:13 PM
The attack knocks a bit of sense back into him.

Roxas's Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma rose!

Gabriel glares at her.

Roxas uses Twin Futures!

Gabriel leaps into the air and slices his key blades three times, creating shockwaves that crash into Paprika.

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
Flying, Special

"Jolteon, use Thunderbolt!"

[roll6]
[roll7]

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 03:23 PM
Paprika is barely standing after Gabriel's assault, but her Emergency Defenses ability activates, causing Jolteon's Thunderbolt to do almost nothing to her.

"Paprika, use Earthquake!" Paprika's crest gleams, and she slams her front paws onto the ground.

Paprika's Defense is up to 6 Combat stages now from Stamina, so Titanium Skull triggers.

Accuracy: [roll0]

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 03:36 PM
Gabriel and Jolteon both collapse.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 03:39 PM
"It's over, Vexen." Mei walks over to Gabriel. The question now is... how does she change him back? There's no emblem to remove that she could see.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 04:01 PM
The glowing mark on his chest...as she gets closer she realizes it's some kind of ink. She might be able to scrub it off.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 09:10 PM
Mei grabs a spare scrap of cloth out of her bag and starts to wipe the ink off.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 09:11 PM
After a few minutes it's completely clean. Gabriel is still very injured, however.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 09:14 PM
Mei glances around the lab to see if there's a first aid kit or other medical supplies nearby.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 09:54 PM
She can't find anything. Vexen slowly stands up, his Emblem falling off his chest, and runs to the exit.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 10:15 PM
Mei picks up Vexen's emblem and puts it into the bag with the others. That's one more... But now she has to get Gabriel out of here, and she has no idea if Axel is still waiting outside.

She reaches into her bag and grabs the gun that Larxene had dropped back in Vaniville, but promptly puts it back. She's not sure she can bring herself to shoot somebody, even in self-defense... and considering the condition Axel is in, it might not do anything anyway.

Mei picks Gabriel up, supporting his weight over her shoulder, and starts moving for the exit. She keeps an eye out for any other possible entrances just in case there's one she can use.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:13 PM
As Mei approaches the door, she finds herself alone. Vexen and Axel are gone. All that remains are the bits of her boyfriend strewn across the ground.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 11:24 PM
Mei stops and stares at Rush's scattered pieces. She feels tears forming in her eyes, and she grasps Yuki's Pokeball. I can't... no, I can. I have to keep going. I'm... I'm not going to let Rush's sacrifice be for nothing. With an angry growl she wipes her eyes and heads for the tunnel. She has to keep moving; if she stops for even a moment, she fears that she won't be able to start moving again.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:26 PM
Mei gets to the Anistar Pokémon Center quickly. The nurse there stares at Gabriel with surprise, but quickly has a stretcher for him.

Mei's Pokémon are healed. Now she has to decide where she wants to go next.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 11:34 PM
Mei heads back down to the lab. She needs to make sure that the place isn't able to be used for Shadow Pokemon production anymore.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:36 PM
Mei heads down into the lab and finds a room full of empty cages, along with a strange looking machine. Mei doesn't know what it's for, but it might have something to do with Vexen's research.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 11:38 PM
Mei starts looking around for any information or logs that Vexen might have left behind; if she knows what exactly he was doing here, it might help her determine the best method of disabling the lab.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:41 PM
Everything seems to be recorded on a computer. The computer requires a password.

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 11:42 PM
"Dammit..." What could he have been using as a password? Mei tries typing in "Heartless" and "Shadow" to see if they work.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:44 PM
The passwords don't match. The hint box pops up.

"The Superior's true name"

Diachronos
2017-01-27, 11:48 PM
'The Superior's true...' what? Mei considers that. Is it talking about Xehanort? If so, then she has no idea what that could be. Unless...

All of the other Team Heartless admins have similar changes to their name from their original name. Is it the same for him?

She types in "Noheart" to see if it works.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-27, 11:57 PM
The password is accepted. Mei looks around and discovers the machine in front of her administers an injection that stops a body from producing hormones that create feelings of hope and optimism.

Destroying the entire machine seems dangerous, but if she snaps the arm that administers the injection it should take quite a bit of time to repair.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 12:02 AM
Mei heads over to the machine and sends out Goliath. "Can you break that arm on the machine?" She points to the injector arm.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 12:18 AM
Goliath snaps it off without much effort.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 12:20 AM
Mei nods and strokes Goliath's horn. "Thanks. With that gone, they'll have a harder time making Shadow Pokemon." She checks the computer's logs again to see if she can get any more information about the lab's operations or Team Heartless' other plans.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 12:26 AM
She finds little else of interest, save a picture that appears to be Gabriel Scorn and Irina Sikes getting coffee and talking together in a Lumiose cafe.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 12:33 AM
Mei frowns and shuts the computer off, then heads out of the lab. She stops at the door, and with a heavy heart starts to gather up Rush's remains.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 12:55 AM
Mei recovers Rush's body and brings it to the surface. Now what will she do?

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:01 AM
Her next stop should probably be to let Adaggio know what happened with the lab, but the KBI president will likely want a formal report. Mei gets onto Articuno to fly to Vaniville Town; she might as well go somewhere where she feels comfortable while she works... and going to Shalour for that purpose will probably take her mind to a place she isn't ready to go to right now.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:09 AM
Mei arrives in Vaniville. Sapphiron comes out of her house with a hopeful smile. "Gab- oh. Did you need something, Mei? Whatever I can do to help you rescue him, just name it!"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:12 AM
Mei shakes her head. "I got him out of the lab. He's in the Anistar Pokemon Center right now." She sits down on the steps. "...I don't know what state of mind he'll be in when he wakes up. If you go, just... be ready for him to not be the same as he was when they came for him..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:14 AM
Sapphiron smiles. "Thank you so much! Don't worry, you can leave the rest to me. No one knows what he's thinking like I do. I'll bring the real him out no matter how deep it's buried."

She sends out her Altaria and flies off, leaving Mei alone.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:16 AM
Mei heads inside and gets to work on her report. She does her best not to leave anything out, but she skirts around what happened with Axel. Breaking down right now isn't going to help matters.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:18 AM
Mei hears something ringing and after a moment she realizes it's the cellphone Adaggio gave her, the one she left here with Sapphiron.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:21 AM
Mei looks around for the cellphone, and checks the caller ID before answering.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:22 AM
Its Adaggio.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:24 AM
Mei answers the phone. "Hello?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:25 AM
"Agent Fille, this is Adaggio. I'm calling to debrief you on the newest situation."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:27 AM
"You mean the situation with Luxord and Vexen in Anistar?" She adjusts the phone so she can continue writing while she's talking.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:29 AM
"What? No, Agent Fille, I couldn't give you any information you don't already have. You are the one on the ground in that area, after all. No, I'm referring to the new Heartless admin that bears a resemblance to Irina Sikes. She was spotted in Shalour City yesterday."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:33 AM
Oh, for the love of... "Nixari. I ran into her in Laverre City." She sighs. "What was she doing in Shalour?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:36 AM
"She was apparently there to meet your parents. They had dinner together at your father's house."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:38 AM
"Are my parents alright?" Why is Nixari meeting with her parents? ...To size up how useful they'd be as leverage against her. Why else would anybody in Team Heartless have any interest in her family?

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:42 AM
"Yes. The agent who observed the event was on standby the entire time to intervene if she tried to harm them, but she never did."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:44 AM
"Thanks for letting me know. I'll head to Shalour after I drop off the report on Laverre and Anistar."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:48 AM
"Negative, Agent. You just finished an assignment. Take at least one day of rest and relaxation. Spend some time with your boyfriend. You've earned it."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:50 AM
Dammit, why did she have to bring him up? "...I can't do that. Team Heartless just lost their Shadow Pokemon lab and at least one of their admins, they're sure to start acting on their other plans soon."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:52 AM
"I agree. And overworking yourself is one way to...say it with me now: lose your heart. Take the day off."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 01:56 AM
"That's easy for you to say, you didn't watch Axel rip apart somebody you care about right in front of you." She hangs up and gets back to work. Before long she's crumpling up the tear-stained paper and tossing it aside to start over.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 01:58 AM
After many hours Mei finally has her report written.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 02:02 AM
With the report done, Mei heads to Lumiose on Articuno to drop it off at the front desk of the KBI building.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:06 AM
The receptionist accepts the report. She looks up at Mei. "Agent Fille, you have not completed your hand-to-hand combat training, your firearm safety training, or your stealth training. Would you like to take one of those classes today?"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 11:11 AM
Mei sighs. "The hand-to-hand training, I guess." At least it would keep her distracted from what had happened.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 11:25 AM
Mei is given a full instructive course on attacking, blocking, dodging and countering. She learns how to throw and attack, and gets a good workout doing it.

Mei gains +2 Str!

Mei can now make Hand to Hand checks for various martial arts. The check is 1d20+ Mei's Trainer level + her Str modifier.

The class takes eight hours. By the end of it Mei is tired and sweaty.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 12:30 PM
Mei heads to the Pokemon Center and gets cleaned up before settling down for the night. She considers calling Professor Sycamore to see if he's available for her to come and visit, but decides against it. That can wait until tomorrow morning.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 12:35 PM
Terra looks up as Mei walks in. "Oh...hello Mei," she says unhappily.

It occurs to Mei that she still never got to hear Terra's side of the story regarding Arios and Team Heartless.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 02:32 PM
"Hello... is something wrong?" Maybe she shouldn't be trying to cheer up the person who had effectively kept Angela's brother prisoner for the past few years and then kicked him out, but it gives her something to occupy her thoughts.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 02:54 PM
Terra frowns. "Oh...no. I'm just thinking about Arios. I know he has a little bit of money saved up but I'm worried he might not know where to go to spend the night...or where he might buy a house or rent an apartment. He never had to do any of these things on his own before."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 03:13 PM
Mei nods. "He's with Angela right now, so he has somebody there to help him get back on his feet."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 03:18 PM
Terra relaxes. "That's good. Are you alright? You look upset."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 03:48 PM
"I've just... had a really rough day..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 03:59 PM
Angela smiles and has one of the night nurses bring Mei some cocoa and a blanket.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 04:06 PM
"Thanks..." Mei sips her cocoa, staring absently into the cup and considering what her next move should be. Should she go to Shalour to look into the Nixari sighting? Or should she start pursuing one of the other admins? Or... should she take the time to get word to Rush's parents about what had happened to him?

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 05:35 PM
Saisho comes out of his Ball and hugs her.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 05:52 PM
Mei hugs him back. "I'm sorry for getting so worked up, Saisho... I'll stay strong, don't worry."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 05:55 PM
"Ninja," Saisho replies. "Greni." Mei can tell the Pokemon is assuring her that no matter what she decides to do, he will stand by her side.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 05:57 PM
Mei nods. "We'll make it through this together. You, me... everybody."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:06 PM
Mei gets some rest.

When she wakes up in the morning, she sees Terra taking her position behind the counter. The nurse is dabbing at her eyes, but they are red and puffy. Her cheeks are wet. She's probably been crying all night.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 06:08 PM
Mei approaches the counter. "Is everything okay, Terra?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:10 PM
Terra glares at her. "How can you even ask me that? I'm getting divorced, why would anything be okay?" she snaps.

The Wigglytuff behind the counter looks at her with worry.

Terra sniffs and blows her nose. "I'm sorry...This isn't your fault, I just...sometimes you need to get angry at something and I don't have a whole lot of opportunities in my line of work. That doesn't excuse my behavior though. D-Do you need anything?" She straightens up, trying her best to regain her composure.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 06:15 PM
"...You don't want him to go, do you?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:21 PM
Terra sighs. "What I want doesn't matter. I don't own him anymore. And we never really developed any sort of first-name basis friendship or anything to fall back on now that the leash is off. He probably thinks of me as a total stranger. And I certainly don't love him either, but...I guess I'm just a little regretful that things turned out this way."

She smiles. "I'll be fine. Everyone needs a good long cry every now and then. I think I'll go manshopping later tonight. The old-fashioned way, with some makeup and a smile, instead of my wallet. Maybe I'll meet someone who makes me smile like Rush does for you."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 06:24 PM
Mei bows her head. "...I hope you have better luck than I did..." She turns and walks out of the Pokemon Center. Why do people only bring him up now that he's gone?

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:30 PM
Mei looks at Articuno's PokeBall. No time left. She has to make a decision. Where is she going?

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 06:38 PM
Mei gets onto Articuno's back and sets out for Shalour City. She needs to find out what Nixari is up to.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:46 PM
Mei arrives in Shalour City and sees her parents sitting on her dad's porch. Her mother waves to her and calls her name happily.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 06:49 PM
Mei waves back and walks up to them. "How are you two doing today?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 06:57 PM
"We're doing great, dear," Enzo says with a grin.

Linette folds her hands and nods. "Yes, we just met Rush's sister the other night. Such a beautiful and polite young lady. We're looking forward to bringing her into the family."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 07:18 PM
Mei feels her chest tighten. Her parents, too... how many people are expecting to see him again?

"Rush... isn't going to be joining the family..." She walks inside and up to her room, shutting the door behind herself. She needs time to collect herself before she can tell them what had happened.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 07:22 PM
Mei hears a knock on her door about ten minutes later. "Honey? Can I come in?" Linette asks gently.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 07:29 PM
"Yeah..." Mei sits up and wipes her eyes.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 07:31 PM
Linette opens the door and sits down. "Oh my...Here I thought you and Rush might have had a fight, but a little fight wouldn't produce tears like those. Did he...find another girl?" she says, grasping Mei's hand and squeezing.

Despite herself, Mei feels some warmth and comfort. Her mother is a kind and gentle soul, and Mei realizes that coming home was exactly what she needed to do after everything that happened.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 07:40 PM
Mei shakes her head. She feels the tears starting to flow again. "Rush is... gone..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 07:44 PM
Linette's eyes widen in shock. "Oh my gosh! Ma petit fille...are you okay? Did they hurt you too?" She wraps her arms around Mei and holds her close.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 07:46 PM
Mei can only shake her head. Her throat feels too tight for her to speak right now.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:03 PM
Linette strokes her hair. "I'm so sorry, honey. Do you want me to leave you alone?"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 08:05 PM
Mei shakes her head and hugs her mother tightly.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:09 PM
Linette smiles and keeps her company until dinner. She whispers a few words in Enzo's ear as they sit down.

Enzo's eyes widen in disbelief. "Mei, I- I'm so sorry. For someone your age to deal with something like this...damnit! This isn't what I wanted for my daughter!" He slams his fist on the table in anger.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 08:12 PM
Mei shakes her head. "No, it's... it's okay, Dad..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:16 PM
"How can you say that? Mei...I know you cared deeply for him, but I happened to like him too! I thought he was a fine man, polite and humble. I can't begin to know what you're going through, but that doesn't mean I can't be sad too." He grips the table and Linette shushes him.

The family eats in silence.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 08:23 PM
Mei picks at her food, not having any kind of appetite.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:28 PM
After dinner, the two of them leave Mei to her thoughts. Yuki pops out of her Premiere Ball and sits in Mei's lap. "Fros." She smiles and hugs Mei gently.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 08:31 PM
Mei sniffs and hugs Yuki back. "I'm sorry, Yuki... I couldn't... I didn't do anything to save him..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:43 PM
"Froslass." Yuki doesn't seem that upset. Mei realizes that she's gone through this once before, the dead spirit before her. Maybe death isn't such a big deal? Rush may be turning into a Ghost Pokemon as we speak.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 08:50 PM
Mei sighs and closes her eyes. If Rush is becoming a Ghost Pokemon... would she ever get to see him again?

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 08:59 PM
Mei drifts off to sleep. In her dream, she is running from Larxene, who is yelling angrily at her. Axel appears before her and Mei is afraid. She calls for Rush to help her. No one answers. She calls for Gabriel to help her. No one answers. She calls for Arios to help her. No one answers.

Axel moves to cut her down and she tries to scream.

But before the blow hits her, Mei sees Adaggio, Angela and Sapphiron step in and defeat Axel.

She wakes up, realizing that she still has so many people that love and support her. She needs to be strong for everyone that is being strong for her right now.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:10 PM
Mei rubs her neck after waking up from the dream. She understands now; Rush isn't the only one who was supporting her, and she can't abandon the others just because she lost him.

She gets out of bed and gets dressed. First, she needs to check on Angela and Arios, then she'll head over to see how Gabriel is doing. From there... from there, she'll just have to figure things out as they come up.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:11 PM
Mei flies out to Laverre Town. When she arrives, Angela walks up to her. "Hey! I was expecting you to come by yesterday but you...you...where is Rush?" she asks, frowning.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:12 PM
"...Axel got to him."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:14 PM
Angela covers her mouth with a gasp. "Oh my Arceus!...When is the funeral? I'll be there, I promise." She puts a hand on Mei's shoulder.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:15 PM
"I haven't arranged it yet. There's... there's been a lot going on the past couple days, and I needed time to clear my head."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:16 PM
"I can take care of letting his family know. You should rest," Angela says with a nod.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:21 PM
"I've rested enough. I'm not going after Team Heartless yet, but I have some things I need to take care of, and the sooner I do that the better."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:23 PM
She smiles. "Just let me know what I can do to help, then."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:24 PM
"For now, just stay safe, okay?" She hugs Angela before heading off to Anistar City.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:27 PM
Mei arrives in Anistar and walks in to the hospital. The nurse smiles as she enters. "Oh, Madamoiselle Fille. Monsieur Scorn is doing quite well today. Though his...er...wife is..."

Sapphiron peeks her head out of one of the back rooms. "Nurse, my husband's temperature is currently 98.7 degrees Farenheit. It's possible this will develop into a fever. I need an antipyretic on hand just in case. It's possible that the change in temperature is due to the change in the room temperature, I think someone turned on the heater a few minutes ago. If that's the case, please return the temperature of the entire hospital to exactly 70 degrees Farenheit so that I may properly monitor my husband's condition. Furthermore - oh, hi Mei!"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:31 PM
"Hi, Sapphiron. Is Gabriel doing any better now?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:38 PM
"He would be doing fantastic if this hospital was being run entirely by me," Sapphiron replies simply, walking out of the bedroom. Mei sees that she has apparently stolen a nurse's outfit and is wearing it, along with a clipboard that contains a very medical set of charts and notes. "Oh, but you're probably curious about his mental state, aren't you? It's fine. He woke up the same old Gabriel he's always been. Thanks to you. That's twice now you've brought him back to me. I can't thank you enough."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:42 PM
"That's good to hear. And with Vexen's lab being out of commission, they likely won't try again any time soon."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:43 PM
"Would you like to see him?" she asks.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:46 PM
Mei nods. "There's something I need to ask him about, but I get the feeling he won't like it."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 09:56 PM
Sapphiron steps out of the way and lets Mei through.

Gabriel is sitting up in his bed. He is wearing a helmet that seems to attach to some wires that are printing out readings on Sapphiron's computer. There is a thermometer in his mouth that sets off a beep every time his temperature moves from 98.6. And he's wearing a hand-knit sweater that says 'Get well soon' in big block letters, with a little dragon flying around on it.

"Mei. I wasn't expecting you. How can I be of assistance?"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 09:59 PM
Mei can't help grinning at the sight of him. "I had a request that I figured you might be able to help with. It's something you might not want to hear, though..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:02 PM
"That's fine. I owe you my life. I'm happy to fulfill any request you would ask of me. What's going on?" Gabriel asks.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 10:04 PM
Mei shows him Nixari's plans for the Snag Balls. "I was wondering if you'd be able to craft these."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:15 PM
Gabriel looks at the Balls with a frown. "...This is some serious engineering work. That kid from the Lumiose City Gym didn't give you these."

What? Not even Clemont could make something like this?

He glances up at Mei curiously. "There's only two people I've ever known who could create something like this. Irina Sikes, and myself. Where did you get this?"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 10:19 PM
"...There's another Shadow walking around. Her name is Nixari, and she looks exactly like Irina. She's the one who was developing these plans. And she's working on a type of Pokeball that can Snag Pokemon without needing a Snag Machine."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:26 PM
Gabriel's face turns white.

"What? No...they shouldn't have been able to...without her...damnit!"

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 10:29 PM
Mei nods. "I don't know how, but somehow they managed to make a copy of Irina as a Shadow admin. Right down to remembering that she's... that she's Rush's sister..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:35 PM
"Yeah. It's a project they had me working on when I was Roxas. The ability to clone a human, along with their memories, and create a Shadow version of them. But it shouldn't work unless they had some DNA of hers..."

Mei's eyes widen. That was it! The item that had been missing from the break-in in Irina's room...why hadn't she noticed before? Irina's hairbrush was missing!

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 10:38 PM
"They stole her hairbrush from Rush's house. That must be where they got it." Mei frowns. If this could be used to create a Shadow clone of someone, could it create a normal clone... No! Dammit, Mei, stop thinking like that! "Is there a way to... well, 'disable' the clone somehow?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 10:40 PM
Gabriel shakes his head. "No. Once it's created, the clone functions like a living, breathing person. They are indistinguishable from one another, though the clone knows it's not the real person. That must be why she's calling herself Nixari and not Irina."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 11:10 PM
"Then... the only way to turn Nixari back to 'normal'... would be to kill her, is that right?" Just her luck; the only way to remove this admin would be to take her life, when she had no control over what she was from the beginning.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 11:13 PM
Gabriel raises an eyebrow. "How would killing her 'turn her back to normal'? She'd be dead. That wouldn't solve anything. You do realize there are Shadow Humans in the world who exist without harming others, right?"

Mei blinks. She had met one before, the woman who traded her Skyfire.

"If you defeat Malamar then Nixari likely won't have any reason to keep doing bad things."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 11:15 PM
Mei nods. "Right... then it's just a matter of keeping her from finishing her Snag Ball project until Malamar has been dealt with." Easier said than done...

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 11:17 PM
Gabriel frowns and then slowly gets to his feet. He staggers a bit and winces. Mei feels a pang of guilt. She really hurt him with her Pokemon, didn't she?

"If Irina Sikes is back...even if she has a different name and identity, I need to see her. We have some things that were left unsaid between the two of us."

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 11:23 PM
"That should probably wait until you've recovered. Paprika did a number on you while you were under Vexen's control." She steps forward to support him. "...If you're going to see her, though, I want to go with you. There's something she needs to hear, even if she won't take the news well."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-28, 11:37 PM
Gabriel falls forward against her as she tries to support him. He looks up at her with a smile. "Ah...thanks. I really just keep messing up don't I? I used to think I could save the world on my own and now I'm relying on you, again and again. Mei, I-"

"Okay, that's enough!" Sapphiron interrupts, stepping forward and forcibly separating them. "Sorry Mei, but it's time for Gabriel's blood tests."

"What? No it's...oh no. Not the 'Gabriel Did Something Wrong' Needle."

Gabriel's eyes widen in fear as Sapphiron produces a sharp pointy needle attached to a tube that Mei is certain is much longer than the standard amount of blood normally drawn in a hospital.

Mei quickly darts out of the room.

"You don't get to smile at girls with bigger...argh! You're such a pain sometimes! Didn't we go through this already with Kelastra? And Facia? And Christine, Olivia, Clarisse -"

The rest of the list is drowned out by Gabriel's cry of pain.

Diachronos
2017-01-28, 11:45 PM
Mei leaves the hospital. Where to next... Well, Gabriel's going to be busy for a while with... that, so she can't really turn to him for help with the Snag Machine or Snag Balls at the moment.

She decides to head to Coumarine to do some shopping. Might as well take this chance to prepare for the journey, after all.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 12:07 AM
Mei arrives in Coumarine and takes some time to enjoy herself, shopping around and looking at cute tops and accessories for her Pokemon. She finds the experience soothing and, combined with her discussion with her mother and the support she received from Angela, she finally feels like she's calmed down.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 12:16 AM
While she's in Coumarine, Mei picks up a Fire Stone for Inari, and a Brick Break TM. She finds a nice cafe for them all to eat at, and uses the Fire Stone.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 12:31 AM
Inari evolves into Ninetails and looks at Mei.

"I can speak to you now, as Mother did," she thinks.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 12:34 AM
Mei hugs Inari. That's wonderful! She smiles at the Ninetales.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 12:49 AM
Inari nods. "I know you're in a lot of pain right now. ...We all are. But Elaina is still out there suffering. And you saw how Angela and Sapphiron were upset when Arios and Gabriel were in trouble. You don't want Adaggio to deal with this any longer, do you?"

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 01:09 AM
Mei shakes her head. No, I don't. It might be too late for Rush, but it's not too late for Elaina. We'll find her, and get her back to normal.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 01:20 AM
Inari yips happily and nuzzles her.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 01:32 AM
Mei hugs Inari again. After they finish eating, she calls Angela to let her know she's going out to search for Elaina.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 01:35 AM
Angela is busy working. She can't come to the phone when Mei calls.

Mei realizes that Angela has to try and provide for her brother now, and her main reason for traveling with Mei is no longer valid (trying to stop Luxord). She may pick one city and stay there from now on.

After a moment a voice answers the phone. "Hello Mei. Are you doing well?"

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 01:37 AM
"About as well as I can be, all things considered... I was just calling to let Angela know that I'm heading out to see if I can find Elaina." She hadn't considered the possibility that Angela would be devoting her time to looking after Arios. If that's the case, it looks like she'll be traveling alone for a while.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 01:47 AM
"Would you like me to come with you?" Arios offers.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 01:49 AM
"Huh? Are you sure? I thought you and Angela would've wanted to spend some more time together."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 01:51 AM
"We have so much time for that now, though. I don't need to rush to get to know her all over again. Besides, Angela..told me about what happened. I think if you run into this woman again having a warrior by your side might save your life."

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 01:54 AM
"I see... yes, I'd love for you to come along, Arios."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 01:58 AM
Arios tells her that he'll be ready in an hour. When the time comes, Mei flies in to pick the armored warrior up. Now where will she go?

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 02:02 AM
Mei considers their options. "Even if we find Elaina, we can't change her back without her heart. And since she was turned into a Heartless while going after Xehanort... her heart is most likely somewhere in Mistaton Town."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 02:10 AM
"There's only one Articuno in Kalos. If we just fly into Mistalton they'll know you're coming."

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 02:14 AM
"Then I guess we're walking."

As they start on the road to Mistaton, Mei gets an idea. She calls the hospital in Anistar to get in touch with Sapphiron and Gabriel. If they're walking into Team Heartless' lair, there are going to be Shadow Pokemon everywhere; an upgraded Snag Machine or the Snag Balls would be a huge benefit.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 08:51 AM
When she explains the situation Gabriel tells her he needs three days. That's three days she would spend in Anistar with Arios and Sapphiron.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 09:10 AM
After considering her options, Mei decides to just wait in Anistar while Gabriel works on the upgrades.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 09:12 AM
Mei gives Gabriel the plans and her Snag Machine. Now, how will she pass the time?

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 02:21 PM
Mei decides to head to the Anistar Gym. If she's going to be here for three days, she might as well make sure that dhe and her team are ready for the trip to Mistaton.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 02:28 PM
Arios and Mei head to the Anistar City Gym. Arios glances up at it with a whistle. "So, you already have five Badges, huh? Just three more to go, and one of them is right in front of you."

He chuckles and turns to face her. "Would you like a warmup match before you head inside?"

A battle against Arios? Mei considers that. Arios is a Ghost Pokemon exterminator. He likely specializes in Pokemon meant to suppress wild Pokemon rather than Trainer battles. So...he wouldn't be all that tough, would he?

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 02:33 PM
Mei nods. "A warmup sounds like a nice change of pace."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 02:55 PM
Arios nods. "Very well. Of course, I have my pride as a knight of the realm, so I can't just let you beat me too easily! Gladius, come forth!"

A small yellow creature appears out of the PokeBall. Its back is turned to Mei, but instead Mei can see a large mouth jutting from the top of its head, protecting its back almost like a shield. The mouth has many sharp teeth.

Mei checks her PokeDex. "Mawile, the Deceiver Pokemon. Don't be taken in by this Pokémon's cute face-it's very dangerous. Mawile fools the foe into letting down its guard, then chomps down with its massive jaws. The steel jaws are really horns that have been transformed."

As Mei thinks about which Pokemon to use, she realizes that it's likely that every single one of Arios's Pokemon can use that King's Shield attack he taught Titaneon. So this will actually be quite a long 'warm-up'.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 09:01 PM
If Arios is going to make a lot of use of King's Shield, then most of his Pokemon are probably Steel-types. She throws one of her Pokeballs. "Inari, you're up! Hit Mawile with Flame Burst!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 09:33 PM
The attack leaves Gladius with barely a leg to stand on, but Arios does not pause. "Use your Crunch attack!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 09:41 PM
Inari staggers from the blow, and her guard is weakened from the Mawile's fangs. "Finish it with Hex!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 09:45 PM
Arios interrupts Mei's command with a loud bang as he draws his sword and plants it firmly in the ground with both hands in a single motion. Mei finds herself in awe. How can he possibly move that fast in all that armor?

"King's Shield!"

Gladius's mouth opens up and her many teeth grow thicker and longer, until it looks like she has a mouth full of short swords. These swords spin around until they all point towards the center, intersecting to form a barrier that deflects Inari's attack.

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 09:49 PM
Mei frowns. "Use Flame Burst again!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 10:47 PM
The attack delivers a devastating blow. Gladius collapses.

Arios frowns, but recalls his Pokémon. "Flamberge, assume the position!"

Enduring Soul Arios sent out Probopass!

"Use Rock Slide!"

A barrage of stones collapses down on Inari.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 11:02 PM
Inari staggers from the shower of stones, but she's still standing. "Use Flamethrower!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 11:26 PM
Probopass stiffens its body and the flames don't even seem to harm it.

"Flamberge, use Power Gem!"

A group of stones appears out of nowhere and strikes Inari.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 11:31 PM
Mei holds out Inari's Pokeball and recalls the Ninetales. "Good job, Inari, rest up for a bit." She sends in Goliath in her place. "Goliath, use Brick Break!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-29, 11:41 PM
Goliath's attack fails to damage Flamberge's hard outer shell.

"Flamberge, use Flash Cannon!"

Mei has to cover her eyes as a blast of gray light fires outward. How can Arios stand to..oh right.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-29, 11:48 PM
Goliath stumbles, but he weathers the hit. "Go in for another Brick Break!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 12:18 AM
Arios's eyes widen. "Flamberge, use King's Shield!"

The Pokémon stops Goliath in its tracks, but Probopass won't be able to evade the next attack.

Goliath's Attack harshly fell!

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 12:22 AM
"Goliath, use Close Combat!" The Heracross charges in, pummeling Probopass in a reckless frenzy.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 12:36 AM
That attack proves too much, and Flamberge finally falls to the ground. Arios recalls the Pokémon and chuckles.

"Now I can see why Angela thinks so highly of you. But you won't be able to defeat Olympia if you cannot surmount my defenses. Claymore!"

Enduring Soul Arios sent out Foretress!

Arios grips his sword in both hands. "And now for my special attack. Claymore use Dreadnought!"

Claymore surges as its body grows even brighter.

Dreadnought - Steel - At-Will
Increases the user's Defense and Special Defense by one stage each. Until the end of this turn, the user takes no super effective damage.

If a Pokemon uses Dreadnought while both its Defense and Special Defense are raised to the maximum stage, the Pokémon does not take super effective damage due to its Steel type until it is switched out. (It takes super effective damage from its other type normally).

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 12:41 AM
Well, this isn't good. "Goliath, use Brick Break!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 12:45 AM
The attack hits, but with Claymore's Steel type suppressed, its Bug type resists the Fighting move easily. Mei likely won't be able to scratch this Pokémon with Fighting moves.

"The first thing a knight learns is to keep his head when in battle. You won't beat me if you just charge in recklessly. Claymore, use Dreadnought."

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 12:50 AM
Mei nods. "Goliath, use Rock Tomb!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 01:04 AM
The attack barely seems to scratch Claymore.

"Patience is a virtue, Claymore. Dreadnought!"

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 01:07 AM
Mei recalls Goliath and sends Inari back in. "Hit Claymore with Will-o-Wisp!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 01:31 AM
Withdrawing her Pokémon takes her action. She is unable to attack this turn.

"Claymore, this victory shall be ours! Use Dreadnought."

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 01:36 AM
"Inari, Will-o-Wisp!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 01:57 AM
Arios turns his gaze to Inari. "What's this? A wandering spirit? I shall set it free!"

He leaps in front of Claymore, and swings his massive greatsword forward, slicing the burning wisp in half.

Inari looks back at Mei. "...I want to be upset but I'm too shocked by how incredibly manly that was."

Arios hefts the broadsword over his shoulder. "The true battle will begin soon. For now, Claymore, use Dreadnought!"

Claymore's Defense rose to maximum! Claymore's Special Defense rose to maximum!

Arios uses the Enduring Soul ability Resilience to negate a status condition that would affect his Pokémon.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:06 AM
Crap... that was pretty manly, though. "Inari, use your Drought ability and follow up with Fire Blast!"

Sunny Day boosts the damage of Fire moves by 50%, so that would be an additional 37 damage, for a total of 112.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 02:39 AM
Arios shakes his head. "Trying a pure power tactic again? Let me remind you of the outcome! Claymore, use King's Shield!"

The Foretress fires a barrage of spikes forward that shift themselves into the kanji symbol for fire, matching the shape of Inari's attack. The two collide, and both attacks vanish. Claymore is totally unharmed.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:41 AM
Mei frowns. She should've sent Inari in sooner. "Inari, use Will-o-Wisp again!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 02:47 AM
Arios frowns as Claymore takes the attack. "Hm. Pretty clever of you to use a status effect to do the attacking for you. But...Claymore, hit Ninetales with Swagger!"

[roll0]

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:57 AM
Inari shakes her head. "You've got this! Use Flamethrower!"

Confusion check: [roll0]
Accuracy: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Inari hurts herself for 18 from the recoil

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 03:03 AM
"Alright. Time to end this, Claymore. Earthquake!"

A huge rift opens up under Inari.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 03:05 AM
The attack is more than Inari can take, and she collapses. Mei recalls her. "You did great, Inari. Rest up, okay?"

She sends out Saisho. "Alright, let's see how Claymore handles your Surf, Saisho!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 03:11 AM
Claymore takes the Surf quite well. That's probably because its Special Defense is at the maximum level.

"Alright, Claymore. Use Zap Cannon!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 03:13 AM
Saisho leaps over the bolt. "Use Night Slash!"

Accuracy: [roll0], crit on 18+
Extra 13 damage from the crit, for a total of 64

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 03:18 AM
The attack deals a bit more damage but Claymore is still up. However, the burn seems to be taking its toll.

Arios raises his PokeBall. "Enough. I concede defeat. I hope you are sufficiently warmed up."

Mei got 150 yen for winning!

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 01:45 PM
Mei nods. "Thanks, Arios." She declines the prize money he offers her. "You need money more than I do right now."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 01:55 PM
Arios nods. "Alright, then. ...Say, speaking of need. Could I...borrow some money from you? I'll pay you back as soon as I can. I just need about 15000 yen."

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 01:57 PM
Mei blinks. What's he buying that costs that much? "Can I ask what you need the money for?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 02:01 PM
He rubs one arm. Mei can't see his expression under the helmet, but he seems uncomfortable.

"Er...just a new outfit," he says awkwardly.

Mei recalls that Kalos does generally have ridiculously high prices on clothes. A single dress had cost her nearly twice as much, and if he was buying a shirt, pants, shoes, the whole ensemble it might be a bit pricy.

I'm being generous on your wallet here. You know how much clothes cost in X and Y.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:06 PM
Mei nods and hands over 15,000 yen. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 02:22 PM
Argos accepts the money gratefully. "Alright. Good luck with your match!" He heads off.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:31 PM
Mei heads to the Pokemon Center to heal her team, then makes some adjustments; she deposits Goliath and Articuno so she can bring Yang and Tina along.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 02:39 PM
Mei enters the Gym and finds a young lady there.

"Hi. Are you here to challenge Olympia? Well, first you have to prove to me that you're smart enough for the battle!"

In order to pass this Trainer, Mei must present a Pokémon with at least 20 Special Attack.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 02:45 PM
Mei shows Saisho to the Trainer.

Saisho currently has a Sp. Attack of 28

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 03:10 PM
"Great! You clearly have a lot of respect for an intelligent Pokémon."

Mei continues on. Another Trainer blocks her path. "Hello. Here to challenge the leader? I need proof of your wisdom."

In order to pass this Trainer, Mei will need to present a Pokémon with at least 20 Special Defense.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 03:40 PM
Mei frowns. She doesn't have anything like that on her at the moment, so it looks like she isn't going to be passing through just yet.

Of course, I leave the two Pokemon on my team with 20+ Sp. Defense in the PC before coming here :/

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 03:56 PM
The Trainer tells her she's free to come back whenever she feels wiser.

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 10:36 PM
Mei returns to the Pokemon Center and deposits Paprika, withdrawing Goliath in her place.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 11:13 PM
When Mei returns, the Trainer nods in approval.

"You have shown the wisdom to defend yourself against power. You may pass."

Mei approaches the last Trainer.

"Do you wish to challenge Olympia? Then you must demonstrate your bravery in the face of overwhelming odds."

In order to pass this Trainer, Mei must present a Pokémon that is weak to Psychic attacks, and move it to the front of her party (she just send that Pokémon out first against Olympia)

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 11:38 PM
Mei places Goliath at the front of her party.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-30, 11:45 PM
Mei approaches the leader. She gazes at Mei closely.

"Seek you the proof of your conquest? A Badge must be earned, it can never be granted. Victory must be total. If any room for doubt is left, empty will your hands be when you leave here. Knowing this, do you stand tall?"

Diachronos
2017-01-30, 11:50 PM
Mei nods. "I didn't earn my other Basges by backing down. I'm ready for whatever you have in store."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 12:25 AM
"Very well. The battle shall be three on three with no time limit. You are allowed substitutions and healing items, however..."

Olympia's eyes open wide as she peers at Mei. "The air in this Gym is unsettling to all who are of a weak mind. Your Pokémon may not hear your words. This disadvantage may prove insurmountable."

While inside the Anistar City Gym, all non-Psychic Pokémon are automatically and incurably confused.

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 12:29 AM
That's... quite a handicap. Should she still try to challenge Olympia?

...Well, her track record's pretty good so far, it can't hurt to at least try. "I'll still attempt the challenge."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 02:25 AM
Olympia nods. "Then, we shall begin! Siglyph, go!"

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 03:11 AM
Another freaking Flying-type, really? "Go, Goliath!" She sends in her Heracross. "Use Rock Tomb!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 12:06 PM
The attack strikes home, dealing massive damage. Siglyph manages to remain hovering, however.

"Siglyph, your power must be demonstrated. You are commanded to perform the Air Cutter maneuver."

"Sigil!"

The floating creature spins around and fires a barrage of slicing air right at Goliath.

Crit on 18+
[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 02:10 PM
Goliath manages to dodge the attack. "Finish it with Aerial Ace!" He moves in to attack, but stumbles and falls flat on his face.

Confusion check: [roll0]

Goliath takes 18 damage from confusion

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 02:20 PM
"Air Cutter."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 02:29 PM
Goliath manages to withstand the hit, but he won't be able to handle another. "Just one more hit, buddy! Horn Attack!"

Confusion: [roll0]
18 recoil damage, just enough to KO him...

Goliath falls flat again, but he doesn't get back up after taking damage this time.

Mei recalls Goliath, and sends in Saisho in his place. "Use Feint Attack!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 02:43 PM
Sigilyph faints and Olympia recalls her. "A demonstration of your strength is required, Slowking!"

Olympia sends out Slowking. "A peace will be called to your thoughts. Calm Mind!"

Slowking's Special Attack rose! Slowking's Special Defense rose!

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 02:56 PM
"Saisho, use Night Slash!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 02:59 PM
The attack hurts quite a bit, but Slowking manages to absorb it and continue.

"Energy Ball!"

A blast of Grass energy strikes Saisho in the chest.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 03:03 PM
"Alright, finish Slowking off with Feint Attack!"

18 recoil damage

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 03:07 PM
"Use Calm Mind again!"

Slowking builds up its power to finish Saisho off next turn!

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 03:09 PM
"You can do it, Saisho! Use Night Slash!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 03:16 PM
Slowpoke collapses.

"Your Pokémon's bond is strong, it can hear your voice despite the air. However, your advantage stops here. Meowstic! Use Charm!"

Leader Olympia sent out Meowstic! Meowstic used Charm! Saisho's Attack harshly fell!

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 04:00 PM
"Saisho, use U-turn!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 05:19 PM
The attack misses. Olympia's eyes light up with excitement as Saisho's Protean ability takes away its immunity.

"Now is your chance, Meowstic! Psychic at full power!"

An enormous wave of energy crashes into the Greninja and sends it flying.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 09:32 PM
Saisho shrugs off the attempt to throw him. "Go in with Night Slash!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 09:38 PM
The attack hurts quite a lot, but Meowstic remains standing. "Another Charm!"

[roll0]

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 09:45 PM
Saisho's not in good shape; he's taken a bit of damage and his attacks are growing weak. Switching now might be a good idea. "Saisho, use U-Turn!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 09:52 PM
The attack manages to bring Meowstic down.

"I'm stunned! You managed to crush my group with little room for doubt! Well, I can't deny your skill. Here, take the Psychic Badge, along with this TM for Psychic."

Mei got 15000 for winning!

As a friendly reminder, you have the Amulet Coin on Goliath.

Sigilyph - 5230 XP
Slowking - 5400 XP
Meowstic - 5970 XP

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 09:59 PM
Mei accepts the Badge and TM. "Thank you."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 10:17 PM
Mei heads outside and finds Arios waiting for her. At least...she thinks it's Arios.

http://static.zerochan.net/Aerogel.full.952178.jpg

"Hey! How did the match go?" the boy with sunglasses asks her.

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 10:18 PM
Mei stares at him for a few seconds before answering. Is that what he'd been hiding under his armor all this time?

"It went well. Although I could've done without the air messing with my Pokemons' heads."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 10:22 PM
"Heh! I bet your Pokémon managed to pull through with some help from the powerful defensive technique I taught them, right?" He beams at Mei earnestly, seeming really proud of himself for helping her earn her badge.

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 10:26 PM
"Well... not exactly, no. I didn't use Paprika or Skyfire in the battle."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 10:31 PM
The boy deflates a bit. "O-oh. Well, that's okay. I bet my King's Shield got you out of several jams when you were kicking Team Heartless out of Anistar City!"

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 10:35 PM
Can she really bring herself to tell him that she hadn't used it there either? ...no, she really can't. "Yeah, it did. It was a huge help against Roxas."

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 10:51 PM
Arios perks up. "Tres bien. I am pleased to have been of service, my lady."

He kneels down in a full knight's bow. After a moment he stands back up.

Mei isn't sure what to say. Normally people call her 'madamoiselle' when they are being informal or polite. 'My lady' is something she's never heard before.

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 10:53 PM
Uh... "You don't have to be so formal, Arios. But really, thank you for your help." She gives him a warm smile.

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 10:55 PM
Arios smiles. "It is no formality, Mei. A knight must choose one woman to be the target of his affections, his valor and his honor. Now that I am apart from my wife I humbly dedicate myself to your service instead."

He presses his sword (where did it even come from?!) to his chest and nods with conviction.

Diachronos
2017-01-31, 11:19 PM
Mei blinks. "Why me, though? There's got to be somebody you'd rather devote yourself to, isn't there?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-01-31, 11:26 PM
Arios grins and returns to one knee, taking her hand in his. He seems quite comfortable with this, he's likely done this with Terra numerous times.

"Quand je regarde dans vos yeux je ne vois aucune faiblesse. Je vois la détermination, la bonté et la puissance. Je ne vois pas une fille, mais une femme. Une femme qui aime vraiment tous les Pokémon."

Mei listens to his voice, as smooth and warm as velvet, and realizes exactly why her mother enjoys Enzo serenading her in French so much.

"When I gaze into your eyes I see no weakness. I see determination, kindness and power. I see not a girl, but a woman. A woman who truly loves all Pokemon."

Diachronos
2017-02-01, 12:04 AM
Mei blushes and averts her eyes. He sounds so sincere, so confident in what he's saying... "I'm... I'm not sure what to say, Arios..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-02-01, 12:10 AM
Arios stands up. "Do not worry. You need not say anything. It is not my intention to upset you while you still grieve."

Mei considers that. She didn't even think about Rush or whether he played into all this. Perhaps..she's already focused enough to move on? Or maybe she's just pushed it to the back of her mind and she doesn't want to deal with it right now.

Saying nothing right now seems to be an option Arios won't be offended by. But if Mei knows in her heart of hearts that Rush was the only man for her she should say so, or perhaps she simply doesn't feel any interest in Arios specifically. Then again, if she is attracted to him and she would rather not dwell on the past, there is little reason to keep him waiting.

Diachronos
2017-02-01, 02:55 AM
Mei nods slowly. "I... I need time to sort things out..." She doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but... is she ready to move on after what happened to Rush? Will she ever be?

NeoSeraphi
2017-02-01, 09:34 AM
Arios smiles. "Of course. Pining for an unrequited love is the best part of knighthood, you know."

Damnit, this would be so much easier if he was still a big suit of armor. Mei can see exactly how he looks at her...just like how Enzo looks at Linette.

Diachronos
2017-02-01, 07:16 PM
"W-what? Are you saying you..." He's saying he has an unrequited love for her? They barely know each other!

NeoSeraphi
2017-02-01, 07:21 PM
He seems to recognize Mei's alarm and frowns. "My apologies, Mei. I was merely speaking as rhythmically as I could. It sounds better to say 'unrequited love' than 'unrequited attraction'. But I will admit that the gratitude I feel for you freeing me from Luxord's grasp intensifies my attraction somewhat."

Mei can't argue with that. She's heard plenty of stories about love blossoming when a hero rescues a lady in trouble. In this situation she happens to be the hero and Arios is the person she saved.

Diachronos
2017-02-01, 07:23 PM
Mei nods. "It's alright. I'm just... my head's not in a good place right now. If I say something bad or hurtful, I'm sorry."