PDA

View Full Version : Arenas of Death IC

Ieagleroar
2017-01-27, 05:34 AM
"Wake up!" A short, grubby man shouts. He's human, but from his stature one could be forgiven if they thought he was a beardless dwarf. "Come you filthy bunch. We here and we want to make a good impression for the team owners," he jeers.

You were transported early this morning from the slave camp where you were being held, and now find find yourselves locked inside a caged cart, with bars made of iron. Considering that some of you are ten feet tall, it's quite cramped, and a wonder any of you were able to fall asleep at all.

"Hurry up!" shouts the grubby man-dwarf, this time to a large orge who is fumbling with the keys to the cage. Finding the key on an impressively-sized key ring, the Orge slides it into the lock and turns it, the cage door swinging open. "Don't get any ideas grubs," says the man-dwarf to the group.
Sliding out of the cart, you each have your hands shackled behind your back. Your feet are clicked into a chain with many shackles on it, long enough that your are all connected single-file. A rope is then tied around your necks, meaning you are all joined by the feet and throats, although there was clearly no thought to the order you were connected. Y'muckluck is between Slash and Jacob, and the height distance has left him being force to walk on the tips of his toes to avoid stranglulation. On the man-dwarf's command, you are led by a gang of ogres to a raised stage, located in an alley way of urban Normania.

Your have all be in the man-dwarf's 'care' for vastly different periods of time. Y'muckluck was practically raised in this man's slave camp, while Iss, the last to be captured, has only been there a week. You quickly made eachothers adquantances in the slave camp; it's funny how a shared fate can bring people together.

Standing on the stage, people of all shapes and sizes come up and inspect you. Three in particular take interest in some of you. The first is a gruff, large human. His hair is cut close to his head, and his shoulders are nearly as wide as the great axe strung across his back. The second is cloaked elf. He has sharp features, and is dressed cleanly, though not showing any overt wealth. Across his chest hangs a belt with gleaming daggers. The final man is a dwarf. His beard is cleaned, brushed, and falls down into a single braid down to his belly. He is particularly stout, even for a dwarf, but the way he moves seems almost graceful.

"The auction will begin in two minutes!" the man-dwarf announces to the crowd. This clears most of the people off the stage, though they hang around, seemingly out of interest. The human, elf, and dwarf remain standing on stage. "Two minutes to prove your worth maggots," the man-dwarf whispers to you. He then walks to the far back of the stage, leaving the group standing in the middle, still shackled.

Quatzolect
2017-01-27, 10:43 PM
Hack looks to Slash and whispers Are you thinking why I'm thinking? Always. If he wants us to prove our worth...
...it would be rude not to oblige him. With this, the twins draw up a large quantity of saliva in their mouths, then both spit at the gruff man on stage.

Ranged attack: [roll0]

Ripptor
2017-01-27, 11:10 PM
Zephyrpinque, excited for the opportunity to improve her conditions, focuses her attention on the small crowd. The Elf in particular catches her eye, and she focuses on him directly. "Gracious greetings," She lithely bows, showing off some skin and muscle, "While I could dance for you all night, I would rather spend our time in the hunt." She looks up, and focusing her charm mainly on the elven male, knowing that it will bleed as it may across the other two. "Purchase my services, and I would love to show you."

Slyly cast Hypnotism as an SLA, no components or gestures, with the given command.
30' Radius centered on the elven male, affecting [roll0] HD of creatures. Least HD affected first, DC 11 Will negates. (Here's hoping he's a low-will fighter!)
Creatures affected are fascinated [roll1] rounds, but afterward continue to view the request favorably.

J-H
2017-01-27, 11:35 PM
The black-furred catfolk with red stripes snarls. "Unchain me and I'll prove my worth on your hide. I wield forces of elemental destruction, not fancy words or stupid tricks."

Syless
2017-01-27, 11:45 PM
Aukrra yawns. She'd been napping in the cart, regardless of the rough conditions. Naps were her favorite part of the day, and as such, she tried to get in at least three. Even once she was forced out of the cart and onto the stage, she was still half asleep. Once jarred to make an impression on the potential buyers, she sluggishly looks between the three, focusing her attention on the dwarf. "Were I not bound here, I could summon creatures for you in my sleep. As it stands..." She looks between her fellow slaves, and settles on the lithe girl near her. "Fall."

Being a jerk (I won't once things start proper) and casting Command on Zephyrpinque, Will DC 15.

Vánagandr
2017-01-27, 11:46 PM
The day had finally arrived. Grakk's life was going to change hands once again. The gladiator stands tall while also turning his body, as much as his restraints will allow, as if to properly show the gathered people his size and build. Meanwhile, he moves his hands slowly and carefully. "If you need something or someone broke, I'm the one you should pick. Plus, I've been in this whole slave game for a long time, experience is very important."

Edit: OOC: Sorry for double post but I think I broke this posts ability to show dice by previewing it before posting.

Vánagandr
2017-01-28, 12:05 AM
Escape Artist check to free hands.
[roll0]

Ellowryn
2017-01-28, 12:10 AM
Number 4563 stands there as the fleshy things writhe and wiggle on their chains. There was no interest or animosity in its gaze, simple patience. Once this was done with it knew that there would soon be more combat, so who was it to slow things down. No, it would just stand there as the things around him made loud noises and flashy displays, almost as if a silent arbiter to the proceedings. It didn't care who bought it as everything always ends in the arena.

Ripptor
2017-01-28, 12:22 AM
:smalltongue:
Will Save +0,+7 vs. Enchantment: [roll0] vs DC 15

TankLaser007
2017-01-28, 05:24 AM
Iss squints his eyes, which are half caked shut, he rubs his muzzle against his shoulder trying to clear the obstructions crusting on his nose and also tries to wipe his muzzle and eyes with his hands and shoulder. Looking out he is surprised to see how many people were there to buy other beings.

"This is not right." he says looking out at those assembled for the auction. "You should, all of you, feel shame! Unless you are intending to buy one of these wrongfully imprisoned souls to free them and return them home you should leave."

Ieagleroar
2017-01-28, 05:47 AM
@Ripptor: You successfully cast your spell. Only the dwarf, human, and elf are within the range.
Dwarf:[roll0]
Human:[roll1]
Elf:[roll2]

@Syless: Zephrynique notices you looking at her, and here you say fall, but fails to follow your command,

@Vanagandr: You fail to slip out of the manacles.

The human, dwarf, and elf all watch the group. They had seen this many times before; some would argue, some would plea, some would try to beguil, some would try to show their physical or mental prowess, and some would stand still and silent. It had almost become routine to these three veterans. The human seemed especially disappointed when the fey didn't fall. "I don't care how many times I see it," he says to the dwarf. "It's still always funny when they make eachother do stupid sh*t."

While the other two exchanged opinions of the groups efforts, the elf looks at Zephyrpinque, a sly knowing smile spreads slowly but briefly across his face, and he mouths the word 'cute'. He then turns his attention back to the man and dwarf's conversation.

None of the three really took much notice Hack and Slash, who were positioned at the far right of the line, and had only been whispering between themselves. Sure they had size, but the three had enough experience to know that size didn't necessarily equal win in the arena.

SPLAT! The glob of spit from Hack's mouth now ran down the human's face, while Slash's ran down his chest. The human stood shocked, then began to wipe his face to a chorus of laughter from the crowd. The dwarf, standing next to him, was laughing particularly loud. "You're right. That was funny!" The dwarf said between chuckles. Feeling quite embarrassed, and even more angry, he turned and struck at the mocking dwarf, who nimbly jumped out the way. He brought back his fist for another swing, when the elf threw a well-placed dagger between the two of them. "That's enough!" The elf half-shouts at the two. He turns to the grubby slave-owner "Bersh, perhaps now would be a good time to start the auction."
"Good thinking Mr. Archer. Gentlemen, if you'll turn you attention to this fine specimen," pointing towards Iss at the opposite end of the chain from Hack and Slash. "Now, who will start the bidding at five hundred gold pieces"...

The auction was long, with the three often running each other up. Occasionally, someone from the crowd would start bidding, but would quickly be out-bid by the three on stage. There was also a moment of confusion with the bidding of Hack and Slash. The human thought that they should be sold separately, but the dwarf insisted that since they were "those special twins" that they count as one competitor in the arena and thus should be sold as a pair. The elf cast the final vote towards selling them together.

Finally the auction finishes. The human had bought Gokal, Cealis, Grakk, and Iss, and now leads them to a cart similar to the one you were brought in. The elf had purchased Aukrra, Raglek, Zephyrinque, and Number 4536, and he begins leading the on foot through the back streets of Normania. The others, Jacob, Spooky, Y'muckluck, Hack and Slash now belong to the dwarf, who leads them to a finely-decorated stagecoach pulled by four huge horses, in which they pile into.

For simplicity, the three different groups will each have their own in-character thread. The dwarf group will continue to use this one, the elf group moves to here:Team Flint (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?513449-Arenas-of-Death-Team-Flint&p=21648114#post21648114), and the human group moves to here:Team Gruff IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?513448-Arenas-of-Death-Team-Gruff&p=21648107#post21648107). Everyone can keep the same OOC thread.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-28, 07:43 AM
Sitting in the moving stagecoach, you find that it's quite comfortable. Even Hack and Slash find there is plenty of room. "Let's get these off," said the dwarf. He removes the manacles off your wrists, then sits back and pulls a bottle from underneath he seat. "You have to excuse me but I have no glasses, which means we sharing a bottle for this ride." He takes a swig than hands it to Jacob. "First, introductions. I'm Darfell Ironbone. I've been a team owner for nearly twenty years now, and though I've never had a team win the Death Games, in the last five years I've coached four teams into the top six. So don't worry, you're in good hands." He takes another swig from the bottle. "You can all introduce yourself in a moment, but first let me inform you of your situation. In one week, you'll be entering the arena and, with my guidance, you will survive. You already have character-" he looks to Hack and Slash, "-and a sense of humor, which is good. However, in the arena you need a bit more. So I'm going to make sure you're untouchable. It doesn't matter how hard your opponent can hit, if he can't hit you. So we will begin training for the arena as soon as possible. This week shall not be wasted." He takes another swig from the bottle, emptying it's contents. He places it under the seat, just as the stagecoach is beginning to stop. The door opens and you see a large house standing in front of you. Stepping out of the stagecoach, Darfell instructs you to follow him, the signals to the coach's driver. The coach's speeds off, and Darfell leads you inside. There he leads you through the grand house, until you reach a room filled with machines. Though stationary now, it seems that they may form some form of a gauntlet. Darfell signals to no-one in particular, and the gauntlet starts spinning. He turns back to the group and asks, "Do any of you have any questions?"

J-H
2017-01-28, 08:16 AM
Spooky looks at the machines, attempting to figure out their purpose, how to use them, and how to not get hurt.

Int check [roll0]?

"I am a mage, not a close-combat fighter. Do you have a library with books on arcane and infernal theory? I have been thinking of something that I want to check."

Jopustopin
2017-01-28, 12:58 PM
Earlier in the week the man-dwarf had told her that she was being sold. The man-dwarf was the only family she had. You wouldn't know by looking at her but the entire week had been hard on her. That morning the man-dwarf had told her that most likely she would be bought by the dwarf. "He has a keen eye for talent, The other two won't look twice at you" he had told her in draconic. While she was on stage none of them looked at her. Actually no one, in the crowd, on stage, nor the auctioneer even bothered to look at her. She was a little shocked on the size of the fellow slaves... she was used to fighting goblins and other kobolds and gnome squads (unbeknownst to Y'muckluck this was mostly comic relief. Still when Y'muckluck savaged her opponents it brought out even more roars of laughter watching the gnomes run in absolute terror).

Y'muckluck didn't understand what was going on and so she had just stood there waiting for someone to tell her what to do.

On the cart ride over she watched intently as her new master talked to them but it was just because she was hoping to make out some of the words he had spoken. She hoped secretly that they would teach her the language (the man-dwarf had always barked out his orders in draconic).

When the gauntlet began spinning it was much needed relief. Finally something she understood.

Quatzolect
2017-01-28, 04:23 PM
The twins look at each other. Questions, what could we possibly question? Seems simple enough to me. We train......we fight......we win a bunch of money...Should be fun. They stand there as the others ask their questions, listening to Darnell's answers. Suddenly, a very important popped into their mind. We do get something to eat right? Yeah, cause we didn't bring anything!

Coretron03
2017-01-28, 11:04 PM
Jacob had been quiet up until now due to the little he could do at the auction without spells apart from turning invisible which he doubted would be taken well. He takes some of the drink and after a mouthful he speaks I am also a spellcaster but without a spellbook all I could do is turn stuff invisble I'm afraid" and later asks This arena, is their preparation for it beforehand for it? Numerous spells could be handy if precast.. He looked somewhat oddly at the guantlet. Maybe one of his teamates would be stupid, ah brave enough to go first.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-29, 12:44 AM
The machine looks like it would be some sort of obstacle course, though it is much larger than any you have ever seen before. You instincts tell you the best way not to get hurt, is not to get hit by any of the moving parts.

Darfell looks at Spooky and shakes his head. "I myself am not trained in the arcane arts, so have never had any use for a large library. I do have one, but I doubt you'll find what you're looking for, and I won't be able to teach you much about them at all either I'm afraid. I do know many knowledgeable wizards, but they are other team owners and I wouldn't trust them with your life. The only one I would sadly is dead..." His voice drifts off at the end of the sentence, and a momentary look of sorrow spreads across his face. Quickly regaining his composure, he continues," However, what I can teach you is how to survive in the arena. Some of you may not in the front lines often, but the arena is small and eventually you all will be targeted by some attack. The more you can escape harm, the more chances you'll have to inflict it." Darfell turns back to the group, "To answer Jacob's question, you will have time to prepare before each fight. We must arrive at the arena at least one hour early, and after we have entered, buffs may be applied to the team. However, be sure not to cast any spells that debuff or directly damage your opponents prior to combat, less you face disqualification." He snaps his fingers and a human appears carrying a tray with goblets on it. Inside is a portion of fine liquor. He gestures for you to each take one, then picks up one himself. Finishing it in one gulp, he chuckles, "Of course disqualification means death; let's avoid that shall we."

Darfell notices that Y'muckluck has yet to say anything. He leans towards him and in a strange tongue says:
Don't be afraid little master. I understand the process of changing hands can be overwhelming, but you are among friends here.

At this moment Hack and Slash speak up, causing Darrell to chuckle again. "Why of course! I can't hardly let my friends enter the arena hungry now can I. I'm sure you are wondering about this contraption in front of you, so I shall demonstrate first. Then, we shall have a feast in honor of our new partnership!" With this, the stout dwarf placed his goblet down on the tray. He climbed up to what appeared to be the starting platform of the gauntlet, turned back and flashed a smile." The trick is not to think too much!" With that he set off, jumping, twisting, ducking, twirling, tumbling, and occasionally even flipping over the many moving parts of the machine. His movements carried with them a certain grace; an odd combination when combine with his clearly overweight body. Even so, he completed the whole course, without so much of a brush by one of the machine's moving parts. The fact that this machine was larger than all but the grandest house, proves this to be quite the feat. Upon reaching the final platform, Darfell dismounts and returns to the group. "By the end of this week, I'll have you doing that." He voice brimming with confidence and assurance. "But for now, we feast!"

The week of training flew by quicker than you could have imagined. Although you all were struck many times by the machine, Darfell guided you through, ensuring you could conquer each obstacle you faced. He also informed you of the effects of the many arenas you could possibly fight in, and helped with formulating strategies for the group. By the end of the week, you have all found yourselves to be much more in-control of your body's movement and your awareness of external objects has greatly increased

As a result of Darfell's training, you all receive a permanent untyped bonus of +1 to AC. This bonus applies to both flat-footed and touch AC as well.

Overall, you found Darfell to be of pleasant nature, always ready for a good laugh, although very knowledgeable as well. On the final night of the week, he called you into the dining room for a banquet larger in size than he had ever treated you to before. At the end of the night, Darfell pushed back his chair and stood up. "Friends, I hope that you have enjoyed this week as much as I have. I understand that our method of meeting may have been off-putting for some, but I hope that I have proved that I do wish for your survival, more than just for the benefits I will gain from it. Of course, this is just the beginning. After your victory tomorrow we will prepare for the next match, but for now, take these." He clicks and five humans appear, each carrying a red silk pillow. On top of it, is a brooch in the shape of a shield. The humans deliver one to each of you, and then return to the room they came from. "These are your team's symbol. The rules dictate you must wear it in the arena." He takes a swig from the goblet in front of him. "I wish you all a good night." He turns and exits the room, leaving you to discuss among yourselves strategies, worries, and hopes for tomorrow.

J-H
2017-01-29, 08:07 AM
Spooky

"Of the three choices, we ended up with the best one." The tiger-like humanoid bares his fangs. "Tomorrow, we hunt and kill. Thanks to the magic of wands, I have a single spell of fireball available to me, and if the enemy starts in a tight group, I will open with it. Try not to close in until I've used it, as the fireball will be large.

After that, I will use my magic to try to kill the most dangerous threats."

Jopustopin
2017-01-29, 01:36 PM
OOC

J-H your character is the only one who speaks draconic. Y'muckluck means dog in draconic. I'm assuming over the week that you have communicated to Y'muckluck. If you have not let me know and I'll change my post.

The training here was unlike anything she had endured up to this point. At first she didn't see the point in dodging blows as she'd never been hurt before. As if sensing Y'muckluck's apathy to avoiding blows the dwarf had her spar with the Twins. When she woke up from her unconsciousness she quickly learned that, yes, in fact, there was a benefit to dodging blows. Her respect for her new master grew considerably after that and she followed his orders without question. She was a zealot for the fight. It was all she wanted to do. While sleeping she would dream of flesh riping between her claws and the taste of blood running down her maw.

At night she would pester Spooky to teach her what words meant in common. Since she was the only one who could communicate with her, Y'muckluck was often near her to get something clarified. She had revealed to Spooky that she was part feline as well (and shapeshifted to prove her point). It was odd being trained with other people as a team. But she found quickly that there was an advantage to this as well. Y'muckluck had no problems working together and, in all honesty, was glad for the allies the master had assembled. If they were on her team in the ring she would do everything in her powers to aid and protect them. If the rules changed and they became her enemy, Y'muckluck would not hesitate to tear them up. Such is the life of a gladiator in her mind. She was loyal only to the arena. She was kind of adorable in a "team mascot" sort of way and her thoughts and philosophy on being a gladiator would never have come up.

The only time Y'muckluck really asked questions was when the dwarf began to talk about the various Arena's and there effects they had. it probably became annoying for those who don't speak draconic as Y'muckluck seemed shameless in asking questions about the ring.

But the long grueling week was over and soon Y'muckluck would get her wish. Killing her opponents without mercy. The roar of the crowd inspiring her, guiding her, healing her, and cheering for her.

"Fire x'lix'ys Y'muckluck kill?" Y'muckluck said in bad common in response to Spooky.

Quatzolect
2017-01-29, 03:12 PM
Hack and Slash also speak draconic.

Hack and Slash pick up their symbols and pin them on their chests. When they are finish admiring one another's they join the conversation, still licking their lips from the hearty meal.I agree Spooks. Definitely the best team owner. So we were thinking......after Spooks lets off his boom stick tomorrow......what's our strategy? The twins seem almost serious, a side they've yet to show to the group. We had thought that......perhaps we take the front lines......try and take down their biggest melee threats......doubt their casters will be much of a threat at this point in the arena......Y'muckluck you're the only one with healing capabilities......why don't you head off anyone heading for our casters...... and Jacob and Spooks can make the arena......a living hell for the other team! It's clear the two have put some thought into this, something that rarely ever happens. After repeating the plan in Draconic for Y'muckluck, they lean back in their chairs.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-30, 05:34 AM
Eventually you head of to bed, in hopes to get well rested for tomorrow. The next morning Darrell wakes you up. "Rise and shine. Today we head to Axiom." After eating the morning meal, you all get in to the stagecoach and head to the Normanian Death Games office. Darfell leads you inside, cheerfully greet the man at the front counter, as well as informing him of your destination. The man leads the group to an empty room, only containing a sleeping gnome on a wooden chair. "Gerland," the man shouts, awakening the gnome. "Axiom." With that the man turns and leaves you with the gnome.

With a hurried, but cheerful, demeanor, the gnome rises and begins to speak. "Darfell! Long time no see. Got a fine looking team this year. Very good, very good! I'm Gerland. You want Axiom. Perfect! Very honorable. Have fun! Bye-Bye." The gnome flicks his hands and with a flash you find yourself in a similar room. Darfell leads you outside the building and through the streets of Axiom to the arena, a building with two golden statues of knights outside the door. Darfell greets the gaurd standing outside the building's door, and then shows him your team's symbol. The guard opens the door. Once inside Darfell takes you to a room that would be completely empty, if not for the 10*10 foot platform located in the center. He begins to speak, "From this moment onwards you have one hour. In that time you may buff, but you may not summon any creature or take any action that would damage or debuff the other team. At the end of the hour, you will take stand on the platform and be lifted into the arena, where you shall have a brief moment of time before combat begins. You can summon creatures in this period, but still may not effect the other team. Also, make sure to stay on your half of the arena until the fight begins. We don't want anyone disqualified!" With this he produces a small bottle of liquor and six goblets from his coat. Offering you each a goblet he fills them up, then raises his. "A toast; to good friends and good health." He downs his, collects the empty goblets, then announces, "I've got to sign us in, don't leave this room. I'll see you after the fight." With that he leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

J-H
2017-01-30, 08:39 AM
Spooky

After their "owner" leaves, Spooky stands at the rear of the platform (so that he'll a bit farther from the enemy). His armor and shield are at a ready, and behind his shield, his off hand holds a wand with a single charge ready and out of sight.

"Don't get too close to the enemy too fast. If they start in a cluster like we do, I may be able to kill them all right away."

Quatzolect
2017-01-30, 04:00 PM
Hack and Slash slash draw their greatsword. Guess the rest of us...... are on clean up. Hey, how bad*ss would we look......if we killed them all in one shot.We would be the greatest...team ever!!!
The get into their stance, ready to fight.

Hack and Slash activate Bolstering Voice. All allies within 60 feet of one of them get a +2 on will saves and a +4 against fear.

Jopustopin
2017-01-30, 10:14 PM
Y'muckluck

The small kobold sits in a position of prayer and remains calm and meditative unless disturbed.

One round before we roll for initiative Y'muckluck will cast Fist of Stone and enter into Martial Spirit.
Maneuvers Granted for Round 1 (Alphabetical Order):
Burning Blade = 1
Crusader's Strike = 2
Douse the Flames = 3
Leading the Attack = 4
Vanguard Strike = 5

First Maneuver: [roll0]
Second Maneuver: [roll1]

Coretron03
2017-01-30, 10:38 PM
Here we are, ready to fight to our deaths. Well, almost ready, he had some last minute preparation's and spoke to spooky "Spooky, I happen to have a spell that reduces size, making you harder to hit and quickening you reactions to help you get your spell off and uh, not die. Would you care for me to cast it on you?". Jacob made sure he had the correct spells prepared and ready for use. "Anyway, we should go fine. If they survive the fireball I will attempt to knock them unconscious and don't worry if they get near me or shoot at me, I have a particular trick to prevent that.
Will cast reduce person on Spooky before we stand on the platform if he agrees. If declined he casts it on himself instead and stands on the very rear of the platform like spooky. Currently prepared is 2 sleeps, Reduce person and a word of pain.

J-H
2017-01-30, 10:41 PM
Spooky

"A wise old cat once said 'size matters not.' He didn't fight with his claws very often, and I'll emulate his example."

Ieagleroar
2017-01-31, 06:20 AM
The hour passes by fast, the anticipation in you rising. At the mark of one hour, an man enters the room, and instructs you to stand on the platform. The floor above the platform opens up, and your hear the sounds of a mass of cheering people. The platform starts to raise, bring you closer to the roar of the crowd. One voice, louder than the rest, as if amplified by some means, booms out, "... and to face them, TEEEEEAM DARFELL!" Around the outside of the arena, you see thousands of people- men and women, young and old- cheering, waiting to see you fight to your deaths. You notice that behind you stands Darfell on a platform that extended above the crowd. In his hand is a bottle of liquor. You catch his eye, and he you a thumbs up. On the opposite side of the arena, still in he crowd, stands a dwarf on a platform similar to Darfell's. Floating high above the arena, at least 150', is a platform. The voice seems to emanate from it.

The arena itself is laden with grass. Strangly, the grass looks perfectly cut; not even one blade is lower or higher than the rest, and the platform below you has seemed to have disappear.

Across the arena, you see a angry looking half-orc, a halfling, a dwarf, all men, and a human woman. The half-orc stands confidently, even though he lacks both a weapon or armor. The halfling holds a crossbow, and you can see no sign of another weapon upon him. His armor seems to be made of some strange leather, though you have never seen such a material before. The dwarf holds a morningstar in his right hand, with a shield strapped to a gauntlet on his left. He wears armor made of chain. The human at the back lacks a weapon. Her armor is also constructed from chain.

The voice booms out again. "Let the fighting commence in" at this point the whole crowd joins in, "10! 9! 8! 7! 6!..."

You now have one round to cast any buff, summon, or area of effect spell in your half of the arena. Note: casting any spell that damages or debuff the other team, or affects their half of the arena, will result in immediate disqualification. You may also use this time to move, use an item, or do anything thing else you could do in a normal round, as long as you don't enter the other team's half.

During this time the dwarf lays a hand on the half-orc. The half-orc then grows.

The dwarf casts Enlarge person on the half-orc.

The halfling moves from S16 to T13. The now much larger half-orc roars furiously. The human woman blows a kiss to the crowd.

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/01/31/xHTIi.jpg

J-H
2017-01-31, 08:03 AM
Spooky's wand drops into his main hand, and he waits.

Jopustopin
2017-01-31, 08:07 AM
As the platform rose up Y'muckluck lowered her sundark goggles over her eyes. She was ready.

Y'muckluck waved her hand to the crowd. This is what she lived for. She could feel her strength growing and an excitement reverberated through her body. The fresh grass, the beautiful sun, and her enemies. She could see them now, larger than she was used to, but cocky. They were all cocky.

Y'muckluck watched them intently for clues, analyzing her enemies. They were all in her temple now; they just didn't know yet.

As the voice boomed out the timer in common, the countdown she had heard plenty of times in her past, she waited for them to make the first move. As the halfling bolted out Y'muckluck quickly used her spell-like ability before taking flight.

Round 0:

Standard: Fist of StoneSp
Swift: Enter Martial Spirit stance
Movement: Move 5 squares to the right and 5 squares up. D9 +25 feet (I'm assuming it's the same 1-2-1 rule for diagonal movement in three dimensions)
Maneuvers Rolled for Round 1: Burning Blade, Crusader's Strike

Quatzolect
2017-01-31, 04:06 PM
Upon entering the arena, Hack and Slash finds the energy of the crowd pumping them up. The peer across the arena at the enemy, and notice the human chick at the back. Damn......she's smokin'!
With that Hack starts running, jumps into the air, and then flashes his weapon around in a fury of blades.

He moves to D6, attempts to jump 6 feet straight in the air (DC:24) [roll0], at the height of his jump he uses Sudden Leap Manuever to high jump a further [roll1] feet. He the uses his standard action to do the flurry stuff that recovers all my maneuvers.

So we're playing like that then.

He moves to F4, attempts to jump 6 feet straight in the air (DC:24) [roll2], at the height of his jump he uses Sudden Leap Manuever to high jump a further [roll3] feet. He the uses his standard action to do the flurry stuff that recovers all my maneuvers.

Both land on the ground looking to see who the chick reacts more favorably to.

Hack and Slash wasted their round trying to impress the girl. Here's why: Str:30 vs Int:4. Thus, testosterone>logic. They'll be fighting seriously though, I just had nothing better to do.

Jopustopin
2017-02-01, 05:48 PM
I don't know if I posted incorrectly but I wanted to move here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Jopustopin/movement_zpsuibx8w0h.png

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 06:04 PM
Jacob casts reduce person on Spooky, and then remains stationary.

The crowd misconstrued Hack and Slash performance, thinking it was for their benefit. This sends them ecstatic, watching the two jump over twenty feet in the air. The human girl however takes little notice.

"3! 2! 1! FIGHT!" yells the crowd.

1st Spooky
2nd Human
3rd Halfling
4th Y'muckluck
5th Jacob
6th Dwarf
7th Half-Orc
8th Hack and Slash

Normally I'll just leave the initiative rolls up, but I had tech issues.

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/01/jE5S.jpg

Your random effects is:
[roll0] [roll1] =80 You got the breath weapon enhancement.

One shot breath weapon that does 2d6 fire/cold damage (your choice) in either a thirty foot cone or a sixty foot line. Ref DC:15 for half damage. Because there are two of you, both Hack and Slash may use it once.

J-H
2017-02-01, 08:30 PM
Spooky (I get to go first!)

Spooky moves up raises his hand, palm upwards. A small ball of flame comes into existence above it, and he rotates his hand until it's above the ball of fire. He waits until a target is in range, and the flame streaks across the stadium to strike it.

Move to E9, readied Lesser Orb of Fire, CL3
Ranged touch [roll0] (base 5, +1 size, +1 dex bonus from Reduce Person)
Damage [roll1]+2 from warmage edge = 7 fire damage

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 10:34 PM
Human's Turn

The human darts to an seemingly unspecific point in the arena. reaching her destination, she points her finger towards Spooky and a black blast of energy shots towards him.

She moves to S5.

Spooky this targets you:
Ranged Touch Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Will DC:15 or shaken

She cast Frightful Blast.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 10:45 PM
Halfling's Turn

The halfling stalks up the edge of the arena, turns, and fires his crossbow at Y'muckluck.

The halfling moves to I20.

Y'muckluck this targets you:
Ranged Flat-Footed Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

However, as the halfling pulls the trigger, the arrow jams in the crossbow. (It will take on full round action to fix.)

Jopustopin
2017-02-01, 11:16 PM
Y'muckluck

So focused on the half-orc that she never even noticed the attempted shot by the halfling. That Half-Orc looked delicious. Her mouth began to salivate. Not even bothering to pull out a weapon she flies across the arena recklessly. She begins to trail smoke and you catch the glimps of flames from in between her claws, her mouth, and her tail. She doesn't hesitate and goes straight into the half-orc's chest savagely tearing into him.

Round 1

Free Rage
Swift Burning Blade
Full-Round Action Charge to P16 +10ft and pounce on the half-orc.

Slam/Slam(+1 size, +8 Str, +1 BAB, +2 Charging, -2 Whirling Frenzy)

Claw/Tail/Bite(+1 Size, +8 Str, +1 BAB, +2 Charging, -2 Whirling Frenzy, -5 Multiattack)

Slam [roll0] for [roll1] weapon damage and [roll2] fire damage

and

Slam [roll3] for [roll4] weapon damage and [roll5] fire damage

and

Claw [roll6] for [roll7] weapon damage and [roll8] fire damage

and

Bite [roll9] for [roll10] weapon damage and [roll11] fire damage

and

Tail [roll12] for [roll13] weapon damage and [roll14] fire damage.

If the half-orc falls unconscious before Y'muckluck is done with her full attack, Y'muckluck continues to full attack the unconscious or dead body.

Maneuver Granted:
Douse the Flames - 1
Leading the Attack - 2
Vanguard Strike - 3

[roll15]

Jopustopin
2017-02-01, 11:17 PM
[roll0] for an additional [roll1] points of damage. (total 25 points of damage and 6 fire damage)

Coretron03
2017-02-01, 11:28 PM
Jacob prepares to neutralise the targets and deicides to leave the halfing alone for now as he seems occupied for now at least. He moves south 30ft and casts his spell on the dwarf and the half-orc and the dwarf.
Cast sleep targeting the half orc (if still up) and dwarf, Dc 18 will save or fall unconscious for 1 minute

Ieagleroar
2017-02-02, 12:59 AM
The half-orc is unconscious before Y'muckluck's second slam even hits his body, and dead before he can even hit the floor. The crazy little kobold continues to rip in to the corpse, tearing it to shreds. As a result, Jacob's spell has no effect on it.

[roll0]

The dwarf falls in a heap unconscious.

Quatzolect
2017-02-02, 01:39 AM
Hack and Slash stand confused, as to what happen to the plan. As they watch the dwarf and half-orc fall, the two know what they must do.

Slash takes off, leaping to just in reach of the human and swings his greatsword at her tiny body.

Slash moves to M4. He then uses sudden leap to jump to Q4.
Jump Check (DC:20) [roll0]

Greatsword Attack Roll: [roll1]
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Standard attack recovers maneuvers.

After Slash attacks, Hack take off towards the halfling and leaps, landing outside of the halfling' reach, but near enough for him to attack. His great sword swings in his giant hands towards the small creature.

Hack moves to E13. He then uses sudden leap to jump to G16.
Jump Check (DC:25) [roll5]

Greatsword Attack Roll: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Crit Damage: [roll9]

Standard attack recovers maneuvers.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-02, 02:04 AM
Slash blade swings as he lands from the air, connecting with the human's torso. A long deep cut is delivered, causing the human to fall dead where she stands.

From across the arena, Hack flying towards the halfling, bring his great sword down upon his head. The momentum carries the blade straight through the his body, cutting the small man into two equal halves.

Quatzolect
2017-02-02, 02:15 AM
Halfing the Halfling. That's what it's all about.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-02, 02:22 AM
Your foes lay at your feet; three decimated, the dwarf breathing but unconscious. The crowd chants for you to kill the dwarf. The amplified voice, who had been commenting on the match as your were fighting, now says "Team Darrell; Live or Die? Your choice?"

Spooky, from his podium you hear Darrell shouting at you. You can't be sure as the crowd drowns him out, but you could almost swear that he's is telling you to "Let him live!"

J-H
2017-02-02, 09:03 AM
Spooky

Spooky looks back at Darrell, trying to read his lips, then turns back to the arena. "Let him live! Our hunt was successful, and there is no honor in hunting downed prey!" he calls out.

Jopustopin
2017-02-02, 12:28 PM
She always liked her meat cooked. The half-orc tasted delicious as she tore into his unconscious body, but she suddenly realized there were still three more threats she had to take out. Joy surged through her. Her maw covered in blood and viscera she suddenly looked up and around. Her allies looking at her would recognize the look of a feral creature scanning for more prey. Her eyes, you notice, have vertical pupils; exactly like a cat. All the enemies were on the ground. It was over. This made her sad. She could hear the crowd roaring but she couldn't understand what they were saying. She had trained all week and it was all over in six seconds. She bit deeply into the half-orc's neck and lapped up his blood before letting out a draconic howl into the air.

Coretron03
2017-02-02, 10:42 PM
"We won! Quite easily I dare say" He rejoiced, Though somewhat disturbed by the kobold he nicknamed Muck's act of savagery on the corpse but as long as it was on our side it would be fine. He was ready to finish of the dwarf but Spooky's objection was odd as there didn't seem to be a benifit for them to let the Dwarf live and replied "The crowd seems to want us to kill him and appeasing the crowd is the whole point of this exercise and while we're in the arena of honour that seems to have little to do with the Dwarfs death" and then cancels the Size reducing spell on spooky as it's no longer needed.

J-H
2017-02-02, 10:48 PM
Spooky

"The crowd doesn't control our food, water, clothing, and training regimen for the next week. They'll forget, bossman won't."

Coretron03
2017-02-02, 11:40 PM
"Ah, Darrell Requested It? Makes sense to a degree, Sure then. I can't yell particularly loudly So I'll get the Twins to do it" And then jogs over to Slash "Darrell Says to let him live. Would you do the honours?"

Quatzolect
2017-02-03, 04:28 AM
Ok, but the crowd won't like it... actually, I have a plan for that. Slash looks at Muck and shouts Muck, don't eat that one. pointing at the dwarf's body. He then motions his brother to the middle. Having a brief hat with him, they both turn the heads towards the sky and shoot their breath weapons simultaneously, twisting them around each other in a fantastic display for the crowd.

The effect I'm going for this is sort of a miny fireworks display using the breath weapons from my Chaos Racial Trait thing, if I'm allowed to do that. Hack will use the fire breath weapon, and Slash will use the cold one. I'm assuming they are red and blue respectively.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 06:13 AM
The crowd reacts favorably to the sparkling display of the breath weapons, and almost all seem to forget about the unconscious dwarf. In the middle of the arena, a staircase going down appears and out comes a cleric with two gaurds. The cleric awakens the dwarf, who quickly thanks Spooky, Jacob, and the twins for sparing his life. He tries to keep his distance from Muck, who still has the blood of the dwarf's former comrades dripping off his chin. The crowd cheers as you leave the stage.

Downstairs you are met by an ecstatic Darfell, who grins from ear to ear. He leads you through the backstage of the arena. Outside, word of you exploits have already reached the public, who crowd around you to give you praise. Eventually, you reach the Axiom's Death Games office and teleport back home.

While riding to Darfell's house in his stagecoach, Darfell, who has really stopped talking since your victory, pours a round of drinks, a proposes a toast. "To the best team in the Death Games." He informs you that his sources have revealed that you are the only team that has won in the first round for twenty years. "There would still be other matches going on, but I'm pretty sure you'll be the only team to do this." He passes out four satchels full of gold. "These are your winnings. Hack and Slash, you'll have to share yours I'm afraid." He pours himself another drink.
"Oh! I almost forgot! I'm sure you're wondering why I asked you to spare the dwarf's life. Allow me to explain. You see, part of the Death Games are things called titles. Today, by defeating your opponents in the first round, our team has received the Quick Strike title. If you had of killed the dwarf, combat would not have technically been over until the second round. Now, you want to win as many titles as you can, because with each title also comes a small badge for each combatant, similar to your team symbol, that once you win you must wear in the arena. These tell other teams, as well as the crowd, of any special achievements your team has achieved thus far. More importantly, the badges bestow a special effect upon the wearer. I won't ruin the surprise about the effect yet, you'll just have to see what is it when I pick them up from the office tomorrow. Oh, and if you need anything, I'll be heading to town tomorrow. Any requests?"

You each receive 900gp. You each gain 900gp. You may request anything, provided you can afford it. It you want, you may pool your gold for a larger purchase. The only thing not available (yet) is spellcasting services. However, you can still buy scrolls.

Also, if you have yet to level up, and you are eligible to do so, now is the time.

Jopustopin
2017-02-03, 07:23 PM
At first Darfell seemed happy with their performance which was relieving. But as the time without him actually saying anything lengthened Y'muckluck began to worry. Often her last master would pretend everything was alright, then once they were alone he would beat her for failing him.

Y'muckluck took Darfell's silence to indicate that they were in trouble. They had allowed one of their opponents to live. Foolish! Y'muckluck berated herself silently. She replayed it over and over in her mind. How had she missed that the Dwarf was just pretending to be dead? Stupid Y'muckluck. All the joy seemed sucked out of her soul.

When Darfell was done explaining everything that happened Y'muckluck decided she was done with the confusion. She could tell that he was happy with them but didn't understand exactly what they did right. She then asked for the only thing she wanted. Speaking slowly in Draconic she asked, "Can I have a book that will teach me common? And something to make me stronger!"

Coretron03
2017-02-03, 11:11 PM
"Brilliant work everyone! A great start to our road of Victory. Now, onto the spending of our wealth there are a couple items I would like, here." and hands him a small list containing a wand of enlarge and nerve skitter at 1/10th power remaining and Padded armour made by fey and he hands over 700gps along with it and continuesAnd muck, I would recommend a Bulls strengh wand, I could use it on you and its rather effective for strengh enhancement" in Draconic.

J-H
2017-02-04, 12:00 AM
Spooky

Taking advantage of the provided paper, Spooky sketches out a string of draconic runes. "A wand like this; only a few charges will suffice for a number of battles."

"What other titles are available? I assume that achieving as many as possible will strengthen us in our hunts."

Quatzolect
2017-02-04, 02:29 AM
The two look at each other, than at their bag. How were they going to make it through the arena with half the wealth of everyone else. More importantly,what would they being doing with this wealth. Of course, the two had little concept of saving, but quite the concept of a salesman's wares, and although they were more used to stealing what they needed, well actually mainly just wanted, they were able to compile a shopping list quickly.

Masterwork Jump Tools*2 =100gp
Weapon Capsules*2=200gp
Chaos Flask*4=400gp
Aboleth Mucus*4=80gp
Flour Pouch*10=1gp

Money Given to Darfell: 781gp

Jopustopin
2017-02-04, 02:24 PM
Hey Bull's Strength doesn't stack with Fist of Stone. Gonna just get a wand of enlarge person for now.

Y'muckluck adds that he wants to be strong and big and gives out some gold pieces.

Wand of Enlarge Person (1 Charge) = 15 gp

Ieagleroar
2017-02-05, 07:21 AM
Darrell took note of your requests, as well as their cost. He found something particularly cute about the Kobold's desire for a book of Common. "Of course, my little friend." He says, in Draconic, laughing good-heartedly. After he had finished, he addressed Spooky's request about titles. "I will, in good time, inform you of the possible titles available. However, now is not the time, and would be pointless anyhow. A team may only win one in the first two rounds, given how different the levels of competence is between teams at this point in the competition. I would have told you about them sooner, but I've found that my teams take stupid risks if I tell them before their first fight. Better alive with no titles, than dead with them all."

The next afternoon, Darfell returns from town with your requested merchandise, and seems very excited. He won't tell you why, but saying you'll have to wait until dinner. As the time arrives, you all gather around the table for the evening meal. Darrell tries to act cool, like he is focused intensely on the food presented in front of him or is deeply enraptured by that evenings conversation, but it is quite obvious that he is bursting to tell you his news.

As the dinner comes to a close, he clicks his fingers. The five humans that gave you your team symbols give you a new badge in similar fashion. These badges look like a small lightning bolt. "I've picked up your badges today. You are now officially a Quick Strike team. You should be proud. Only one other team has ever achieved that title. But now for the really good news!" He snaps his fingers again, and a human walks in a hands him a copy of what appears to be a magazine. "This is the Death Games Scryer, the official magazine of the Death Games." You, of course, already know what it is; everyone is Kalosh does. It contains info about the Death Games arenas, the standout teams, winners, betting advice, etc. As he opens it, you notice a particularly familiar halfling- or more appropriately, two particularly familiar halves of one halfling- on
the cover. "Each team that survives the round gets reviewed." Darrell informs you. "Listen to yours. 'Team Darfell showed us today that matches don't have to be long to be exciting. In a bout that lasted only six seconds, the team was able to completely ablirate their foe, with a three out of four confirmed kills. The team seems to be well constructed, containing pair of entertaining brutes, a crafty conjurer, and a vicious, almost monstruous kobold. The most frightening thing about this team is that their warmage, a Catfolk by the name of Spooky, didn't even seem all that engaged in the fight. I must say I feel sorry for the teams that face them when they are all firing. We could have another Team Mantic on our hands! I know it's only early days, but let me be the first that gives this team a predicted round survival rating of 17+.' Darrell shuts the magazine. "You hear that! We have a PRSR of 17+. That's the highest possible, and it's only round one!" Darfell seems very ecstatic at the news, and waits for your response.

While wearing your Quick Strike Badge, you receive a +4 to initiative.

Quatzolect
2017-02-05, 04:06 PM
When recieving their gear, they fixed their weapon capsules to their greatswords. They then fill them with the contents of the Choas flask, then split the remain gear evenly between themselves.

Hack and Slash collect their badges readily. Pinning them next to their team symbol. As Darfell read their review, the found they cared little about the rating. Sure they found it fun that they had became the team to beat, but really, they'd been having some much fun that it hadn't occurred to them that they could die. Even with the article it still didn't; they'd had always assumed they would just win.

One particular piece of the article does prick their interest. Who is this...Team Mantic?